12 Steps

Doublezero

1) We admitted we were powerless to defend against the long ball and that our continued fan-love for this team was a big problem.
2) Came to believe that probably even fresh coordinators could not lead us to a Grey Cup at this stage of the season.
3) Made a decision to turn our attention elsewhere.
4) Made a searching and fearless inventory of other teams we might support.
5) Admitted that the Jets probably weren't going to take us to the promised land either.
6) Were pretty much entirely ready to cancel our season ticket package.
7) Humbly asked Wade to remove the GM, coaches and players and start fresh if things don't turn around vs Hamilton.
😎 Made a list of all the players and coaches who might help restore our faith and became willing to negotiate with them all.
9) Made direct trades and firings wherever possible, except when to do so would make things worse.
10) Continued to take inventory of any Blue Bomber player or coach not willing to learn from this loss vs MTL.
11) Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the football Gods, as we understood Them, praying only for knowledge of their Will for the Blue Bombers and to let us in on the secret.
12) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to other Bomber fans, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

14 hours ago, do or die said:

Thank god, I'm going back to Southeast Asia soon......which will help me put this into perspective

OK have to ask! Why are you going to SE Asia soon? I had a fun time there (Vietnam and Cambodia- yes we were actually in Cambodia) from 1969-1971 supporting Uncle Sam's Green Machine! And that was a very very sarcastic comment from my side. Was there humping the jungle for 2 tours and part of a 3rd.

Enjoy!

32 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If you are going to Vietnam I highly recommend Phu Quoc island. 

Got to say I took an in country R&R at China Beach (in Danang) and the beach was something I will remember always. Was nicer that the beach in Sidney when I did an out of country R&R after my first tour.

37 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Got to say I took an in country R&R at China Beach (in Danang) and the beach was something I will remember always. Was nicer that the beach in Sidney when I did an out of country R&R after my first tour.

Good thing you never stayed at the Hilton in Hanoi!

3 hours ago, BBRT said:

OK have to ask! Why are you going to SE Asia soon? I had a fun time there (Vietnam and Cambodia- yes we were actually in Cambodia) from 1969-1971 supporting Uncle Sam's Green Machine! And that was a very very sarcastic comment from my side. Was there humping the jungle for 2 tours and part of a 3rd.

Enjoy!

Been going out to SE Asia since the late 80's.  This time, Thailand, Laos and Vietnam.   Always have an interesting time out there.....