3 stars plus HH red black and blue part two

wbbfan

5 minutes ago, J5V said:

You can look really bad blitzing if the O knows it's coming.

Talent-wise, I don't think we can be matched on the field by any other team in the league. Where we might find trouble is in being too predictable and we suffer from that particular malady on offense and defense. We execute at a high level which allows us to get away with it but if we encounter another talented team that is executing as well as we are, but have a more sinister, unpredictable game plan, we might find trouble.

Luckily the New England Patriots remain in the NFL...

3 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

So the issue with disguising your blitz is that you leave your players in a less effective blitzing & a less effective coverage position than if you just blitzed or just sat in coverage. 

I guess Richie just doesn't believe the value in not knowing what's coming exceeds the value in having his guys set up where he wants them. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the idea is to, for example, show blitz and force the QB to audible for max protect and change the play. Then instead of blitzing you actually drop back into coverage and easily snuff out the play that was called (screen, or dump pass over the heads of the blitzing LBs, HBs, Safety, etc.). It's a way to force the offense to do what you want them to do. We have had this done to us before and it can be very effective in stymieing an offense.

12 minutes ago, J5V said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the idea is to, for example, show blitz and force the QB to audible for max protect and change the play. Then instead of blitzing you actually drop back into coverage and easily snuff out the play that was called (screen, or dump pass over the heads of the blitzing LBs, HBs, Safety, etc.). It's a way to force the offense to do what you want them to do. We have had this done to us before and it can be very effective in stymieing an offense.

Hall has been doing that a fair bit this year actually...

Only game we had trouble with was when Bighill was playing nicked up and Hall reverted to the Hurl playbook

We show blitz alot..but switch up who and where..also drop ends off into flats and switch rush lanes.

Also when biggie is in he will show blitz then after QB makes his call at line drops off into deep zone and we send a Sam or a HB

We focus on ourselves but all teams show and seem to give away blitz..we just aren't scrutinizing it...that's just how football is played..u can only disguise so much to not handicap yourself 

It used to amaze me when Matthews was lining up 2/3 of his defence, and blitzing them all, play after play, and offensive coaches couldn't figure out a way to deal with it.

seemed so obvious to me, a little dump over the middle. 

Must have figured it out cause nobody does that anymore.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

It used to amaze me when Matthews was lining up 2/3 of his defence, and blitzing them all, play after play, and offensive coaches couldn't figure out a way to deal with it.

seemed so obvious to me, a little dump over the middle. 

Must have figured it out cause nobody does that anymore.

IIIRC that was because he was he was good at picking his spots.

I remember what he always did on 2nd and long.  They lined up 4 or 5 DBs 15 - 20 yards deep, and then blitzed the entire front 7.