Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kelownabomberfan

The Gender Pay Gap

Recommended Posts

Yes.  Even in professions with a very high percentage of women (teaching, nursing, social work, etc.) the administrative positions are more often held by males.  

The $$ are significantly higher for those positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea what the point of this thread is. 

 

That being said, Bravo to Gillette! About time men start stepping up and taking some responsibility for how women have been treated. 

 

No more right wing BS and crying over lost "manhood". Just go the **** away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JCon said:

I have no idea what the point of this thread is. 

 

That being said, Bravo to Gillette! About time men start stepping up and taking some responsibility for how women have been treated. 

 

No more right wing BS and crying over lost "manhood". Just go the **** away. 

I didnt get it either.  I guess creating an argument in favour of men?  

I love the pushback on the Gillette ad.  Like people actually getting mad over a message towards men to not be dicks.  My favourite is now people saying its fine but should not be aimed at men only, but should also be aimed at women.  Because of all the powerful women sexually harassing men I guess.  

A lot of very defensive reactions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find this Gilette stuff hilarious....  post a sappy lame video about Men needing to be men.......   yet Proctor & Gamble have been charging the pink tax for years   (i.e. selling the exact same razors at a higher price for ladies).     

They should stick to selling razors and stop trying to hard.  The video is barf worthy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Brandon said:

As per gender pay gap it's been proven already that it does not exist.      I don't even know why it's even a discussion anymore?    

 

Contrary to the research, of course, you have determined this. 

Edited by JCon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Goalie said:

The Gender pay gap certainly exists but.. Im not convinced its as big as some think. I think its 100 percent based on the jobs ppl choose to do. 

Exactly,  not to mention it's usually women who are more likely to take maternity leave and/or stay at home with the children for which those reports factor in.   

For myself I'm in IT...  when I went to school and through out my work life it's been 90% male.  That being said the female that works with me makes the exact same pay as what I do and receives the same increments and benefits.  

Now my wife who is in an administrative world who works with a tonne of admins is the opposite with 90% of them being female.  That being said the males at her work make the exact same pay.  

Now some people might point out that the world has way more CEO's that are male and high level executives and just maybe it's because the scientific nature of a male may just be better then a female.   Do you not think that any private company would choose a person based on potential profits over gender preference?  In this day and age hell no.  Now days its so cut throat that they don't give a crap who they hire/fire as long as the big companies can squeeze some extra profits.  

Another area is athletes...  the reason that LeBron makes a bazillion dollars and ladies in the WNBA make peanuts is because their is no interest and they do not generate that kind of profits.   I like the example of Ronda Rousey when she was in the UFC she was making near 10 million per fight when she was on top which exceeds nearly everyone on the roster...  they pay based on what the person can bring back to the company. 

In this day I don't consider gender pay an issue,   I'd think the much bigger and relevant issue would be how big companies use places like China and India and force employees of both genders to work in poor conditions for such terrible low salaries.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Goalie said:

The Gender pay gap certainly exists but.. Im not convinced its as big as some think. I think its 100 percent based on the jobs ppl choose to do. 

In order to be 100% convinced about that, you would need to know whether there are female applicants for those jobs. In the fields I was referring to, there are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Brandon said:

Exactly,  not to mention it's usually women who are more likely to take maternity leave and/or stay at home with the children for which those reports factor in.   

For myself I'm in IT...  when I went to school and through out my work life it's been 90% male.  That being said the female that works with me makes the exact same pay as what I do and receives the same increments and benefits.  

Now my wife who is in an administrative world who works with a tonne of admins is the opposite with 90% of them being female.  That being said the males at her work make the exact same pay.  

Now some people might point out that the world has way more CEO's that are male and high level executives and just maybe it's because the scientific nature of a male may just be better then a female.   Do you not think that any private company would choose a person based on potential profits over gender preference?  In this day and age hell no.  Now days its so cut throat that they don't give a crap who they hire/fire as long as the big companies can squeeze some extra profits.  

Another area is athletes...  the reason that LeBron makes a bazillion dollars and ladies in the WNBA make peanuts is because their is no interest and they do not generate that kind of profits.   I like the example of Ronda Rousey when she was in the UFC she was making near 10 million per fight when she was on top which exceeds nearly everyone on the roster...  they pay based on what the person can bring back to the company. 

In this day I don't consider gender pay an issue,   I'd think the much bigger and relevant issue would be how big companies use places like China and India and force employees of both genders to work in poor conditions for such terrible low salaries.   

When you use the most extreme examples, you can definitely make the issue sound irrelevant. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Its not that hard to understand. Is there a gender pay gap? I personally think that it doesn't exist. 

Originally... you're right it was pretty straight forward and it was about the pay gap.... then outta nowhere that gillet comercial was posted and then I was WTF? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-01-15 at 10:30 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

 

 

So... Gillette makes an Ad to raise awareness for men to stop being assholes... then there is push back from assholes... working as intended. Not saying anyone here is an *******, but you will be damn cetain that assholes will be shitting all over that ad. 

 

 

Mark Dice- what an inbred *******. After watching that whole segment (thx KBF, That is five minutes and forty three seconds of my life that I will never get back) I want to do two things.... 1) Duct tape him to a ******* chair so he can stop rocking back and forth like a ******* spastic intolerant *****. 2) repeated throat punches. 

Mark dice all:

AnySickHeron-small.gif

 

I be all:

giphy.gif

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Its not that hard to understand. Is there a gender pay gap? I personally think that it doesn't exist. 

Your personal opinion is direct contradiction to the research. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

 

So... Gillette makes an Ad to raise awareness for men to stop being assholes... then there is push back from assholes... working as intended. Not saying anyone here is an *******, but you will be damn cetain that assholes will be shitting all over that ad. 

 

 

Mark Dice- what an inbred *******. After watching that whole segment (thx KBF, That is five minutes and forty three seconds of my life that I will never get back) I want to do two things.... 1) Duct tape him to a ******* chair so he can stop rocking back and forth like a ******* spastic intolerant *****. 2) repeated throat punches. 

Mark dice all:

AnySickHeron-small.gif

 

I be all:

giphy.gif

You really have a problem with disagreeing opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JCon said:

Your personal opinion is direct contradiction to the research. 

Research by whom? I've been in the work force 30 years now and have never seen this "gap". I have never met anyone else who has seen it. Yet it's just accepted that this gap exists. Why can't anyone ask questions, especially surrounding the validity of the assumptions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

You really have a problem with disagreeing opinions.

It has nothing to do with my disagreement of his opinions - its how he (misre)presents them 

 

Mark Dice is a terrible person.  I mean really, I have seen a few of his videos and each one just cements his place as an *******. All the videos I have seen, he has been nothing but- racist, misogynist, full-******* mode, Illuminati-driven, 911-inside-jobbing it, physical manifestation of tourettes. He is a small time con-man: think tourettes addled poormans Alex Jones and there's your boy Mark Shouldice. Dude is a ******* idiot and a prime example of why youtube should be regulated. 

I am litterally stupider after watching his video. 

 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...