2018-19 Lines

Floyd

35 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Little penciled in a 2C... it will probably be something like...

Connor-Scheif-Wheeler

Laine-Little-Ehlers

Perrault-Lowry-Roslo

Dano-Copp-Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba

Myers-Buff

Kulikov-Chiarot

Would Morrissey and agent sit if they don't get what they want? It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Would Morrissey and agent sit if they don't get what they want? It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Jets aren't in a great bargaining position with Morrissey... and the talk of Myers on the left side doesn't really sound like a great idea

50 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Jets aren't in a great bargaining position with Morrissey... and the talk of Myers on the left side doesn't really sound like a great idea

They own his soul until 26, they're okay. As for Myers on the left side i agree on the other hand you got Dano/Tanev/Chiarot/Laine/Ehlers playing their off wings in your lines. Enuf with the off wings!!! :D

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Little penciled in a 2C... it will probably be something like...

Connor-Scheif-Wheeler

Laine-Little-Ehlers

Perrault-Lowry-Roslo

Dano-Copp-Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba

Myers-Buff

Kulikov-Chiarot

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

40 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

They own his soul until 26, they're okay. As for Myers on the left side i agree on the other hand you got Dano/Tanev/Chiarot/Laine/Ehlers playing their off wings in your lines. Enuf with the off wings!!! :D

Maurice JUST finished saying that Myers, Kulikov and Chiarot are all fine playing their either side.

Laine and Ehlers played their off-wings for at least half of last season...  Laine is terrible when he's on the right side.

I've never heard of Tanev playing anywhere other than right wing...

You're a bit too hung up on this, I'm afraid...

15 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Maurice JUST finished saying that Myers, Kulikov and Chiarot are all fine playing their either side.

Laine and Ehlers played their off-wings for at least half of last season...  Laine is terrible when he's on the right side.

I've never heard of Tanev playing anywhere other than right wing...

You're a bit too hung up on this, I'm afraid...

Wasn't Tanev LW in the playoffs?

14 hours ago, Floyd said:

Myers-Buff seems like a thing...

Not sure I like moving form 3 solid pairing to 2 superstar pairings that will eat mega-minutes and be exhausted come playoff time

I think, early on, they'll eat big minutes but as Maurice becomes more comfortable with the third pairing, they'll eat up more minutes. 

I think the idea of Myers on the left is to give him more ice time.  Maurice said something about that, giving everyone time.  He even joked that Trouba told him he'd play the left side.

Morrow is actually pretty solid.  He was pretty highly touted when he came into the league, didnt really have the success people thought he would...but he's not a scrub.

As others have said, with Niku, no reason to rush him,  He's young, has a two way deal, can be sent down etc.  I thought Poolman could be too but TSN this morning said he is subject to waivers which gives him an inside shot at 3RHD or the press box.

Same with Logan...he can be sent down so no sense in hand-wringing over him yet.  He has lots of upside and does some things well.  He'll get used to the speed of the pro game in the AHL and be better for it.   The D is pretty good this year and has some good pieces moving forward, primarily if they lock up Josh and Trouba long term.  

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I thought Poolman could be too but TSN this morning said he is subject to waivers which gives him an inside shot at 3RHD or the press box.

I thought he was waiver exempt still? I know he's on a one-way deal, but doesn't he need to get to 60 NHL games or 2 years or something before he needs clear waivers? 

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

I thought he was waiver exempt still? I know he's on a one-way deal, but doesn't he need to get to 60 NHL games or 2 years or something before he needs clear waivers? 

He should be according to...

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-calculator

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Looks like Maurice is dead set on sticking Laine with Little....even though last year they had practically no chemistry together...maybe we swing a deal at crunch time for a center who can. Since it looks like Maurice aint gonna give Roslo a chance with Laine and Ethlers...

21 hours ago, bb1 said:

Looks like Maurice is dead set on sticking Laine with Little....even though last year they had practically no chemistry together...maybe we swing a deal at crunch time for a center who can. Since it looks like Maurice aint gonna give Roslo a chance with Laine and Ethlers...

Can't understand why he isn't at least giving Roslo a shot.  Isn't preseason a perfect time to try out some different combos?  Stop trying to ram a square peg into a round hole.

2 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Can't understand why he isn't at least giving Roslo a shot.  Isn't preseason a perfect time to try out some different combos?  Stop trying to ram a square peg into a round hole.

They probably really really want to prove that their $5.2 million 2C isn't actually just a third line right winger for the next six years

6 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Perhaps, but they’re proving the opposite,

I totally agree...  but I'm not sure Roslo is ready for 2C either - we'll find out in the first 10-15 games

If Roslo isn't 3rd C - who's the other option?  Maurice will never split up Copp-Lowry-Tanev...

On 2018-09-19 at 12:09 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

He should be according to...

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-calculator

I just read an article in the Winnipeg Sun and he is waiver except still.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/winnipeg-jets/niku-shines-with-pair-of-goalsjets-defence-battle-heating-upbrossoit-gets-2nd-look

"That could work against Tucker Poolman, who is the only member of the competition (of the eight) who is exempt from waivers this season."