Game 59 : Cruise Capital of the World @ Sunday Night Cruising

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wonder if Lowry is out longer than we think?

Feb 2: Jets coach Paul Maurice doesn't believe Lowry's injury is long-term and he hasn't even been ruled out for Saturday's contest. Lowry has eight goals and 14 points in 35 contests this season."

Feb 3:  Head coach Paul Maurice said that Lowry aggravated the same injury that cost him eight games earlier this month. He has eight goals and 14 points in 35 outings this season. He's considered day-to-day at this point.

16 days later still not skating so....

why would the jets want this guy ? How would this help them?

Right now, the big problem with Domi is the gap between what the Coyotes say he’s worth – and they’re asking a lot – and the fact that he’s a four-goal scorer and having a terrible year this year,

TSN

17 hours ago, Atomic said:

Only guy I'd want is Rick Nash or maybe Patrick Maroon if he came cheap

Brassard is interesting because he has a year left on his contract.  So you'd have a 3rd line centre for next season as well and push Lowry down to a really, really good shut down line.

I was in the camp that assumed the Jets would re-sign Toby (at a reduced salary ofcourse) and thats still possible, but they have to be careful with their cap.  Wheeler is going to get a big contract.

5 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Like I said, still thin at centre. 

Lowry being hurt is a big loss.  If he's back, so be it.  I think Brassard might be their target for that reason.  And he has one year left.  Would add a lot of depth for this year and next.  Plus, reports that the Blues are in on him as well.