John Chick Sweepstakes ?

Zontar

Hearts were a flutter in SSK a few weeks ago when Chick was released from his NFL team and informal talks with Riders began.

"Only a matter of time " was the prevailing prediction and SSK fluttering hearts were almost jumping out of bodies.

But now his agent , the infamous Gil Scott , sez its not as easy as that and other teams are interested too.

Worth the cap hit ? What could he bring to the table anyway ?

Thoughts.

Unlikely that Mack will spend the money he's likely to command. I honestly trust Mack to fine defensive ends anyway. I'd suspect that Taman ponies up the dough and gets the guy signed, there's a need there I think and it fits Tamans MO to spend on guys like that.

Seems pretty much inevitable that he goes to Saskatchewan... they need him bad and are the most likely to pay over the odds for him.

Argos could use a DE, but i doubt we're in for him. Actually there's a couple teams in the East who could benefit from Chick's play... don't think it'll matter though.

If his agent is talking to anyone else it's likely to try and drive his price up with a competing offer.

hope that mack doesn't do much else then try and drive the price up for the guy.. Hes not horrible but I'd rather see what we have with Anderson and Hyde before bringing in someone else's find..

Hall on the other end should continue to be a force..

I hope he goes to Calgary

for any reason in particular?

(i mean, besides the fact that it would be a huge middle finger to the Riders?)

That's my reason. :D

that works for me.. anything that gets the riders in a tizzy is a wise move in m books :D

I absolutely hate the Riders with a passion. Not because of their team. Like any footballteam they are okay. But their fans. Annoying & obnoxious. :x
Exactly...have no problem with coaches, management, etc.....it's only the fans.

Chick wants the big contract he should get as a CFL and NFL vet, and how can Taman afford it?

Oh .. if we learned anything about Taman in his time here .. it's that he was a wunderkind when it came to cap management .. Wait .. what?

Seriously though, Chick is 30 years old .. coming off a torn patella tendon .. hasn't played a meaningful snap in 18 months and before that, his involvement in Jacksonville (and a larger extent Indy) was limited. These are the guys we want to avoid. "Big" name that will likely not live up to his past reputation.

Chick wants the big contract he should get as a CFL and NFL vet, and how can Taman afford it?

Oh .. if we learned anything about Taman in his time here .. it's that he was a wunderkind when it came to cap management .. Wait .. what?

Seriously though, Chick is 30 years old .. coming off a torn patella tendon .. hasn't played a meaningful snap in 18 months and before that, his involvement in Jacksonville (and a larger extend Indy) was limited. These are the guys we want to avoid. "Big" name that will likely not live up to his past reputation.

THIS!

Also RIDERS CAN SUCK A BAG OF HAMMERS

first post!

I’d pass. The NFL sensationalism is something that some people hold too high a regard for. The money to get him can easily be spent elsewhere. Good defensive ends are not terribly hard to find.

Not to mention that Chick’s stock value has dropped for reasons already mentioned.

I’d pass. The NFL sensationalism is something that some people hold too high a regard for. The money to get him can easily be spent elsewhere. Good defensive ends are not terribly hard to find.

Not to mention that Chick’s stock value has dropped for reasons already mentioned.

Not that I wanted to get involved in the sweepstakes at all.. but after hearing his injury woes AND his lack of playing time in general.. yea, heres hoping calgary signs him :D

Funny, he'll get a relative boatload of cash from SSK and does anybody really know how many starts they'll get out of him nevermind quality starts ?

That's more or less what I was getting at earlier.

He may be productive but there are plenty of guys out there who can be productive (and won't cost you a large chunk of your cap space). With Chick, you're paying for a name with no guarantee he'll be the same guy he was when he left in 2009.