The Tech Thread

The Unknown Poster

Ottawa rejects Rogers's bid for access to Shaw's wireless frequencies

Canada needs a 3rd national telecom behemoth. Thought it would be Shaw or Telus. Selling off Shaw to Rogers not helping.

MTS to Bell, the biggest telco in Canada not help.

CRTC…not sure if good or bad.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Tracker said:

And suddenly she dies under mysterious circumstances

Too bad it will likely never be commercially available.  I would love to see a company come out with a product like this, but the shortsightedness of capitalist companies will never allow it.

Intel’s new desktop processor reaches 6GHz without overclocking

Intel has just introduced a new desktop processor, the Core i9-13900KS, that can reach up to 6GHz without overclocking, making it the fastest desktop processor available. This is made possible by the processor's Thermal Velocity Boost feature, which allows the chip to run faster when it’s cool enough.

The i9-13900KS is an upgraded version of the i9-13900K, which Intel released last fall. The main differences between the two processors are that the older chip reached a maximum speed of 5.8GHz and had a lower base power of 125W compared to 150W in the new chip. However, the i9-13900KS has the same number of cores (24), amount of cache (36MB) and number of PCIe lanes (20) as the i9-13900K. In addition, the new processor is compatible with Z790 and Z690 motherboards; however, an updated BIOS is recommended.

The Thermal Velocity Boost is a feature in 11th Gen and later Intel Core chips that lets them run faster when they’re cool. It does this by increasing the clock frequency by 100 MHz when the temperature is below a threshold of 70 degrees C. However, you'll need a good cooling solution to get the most out of it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...