CFL QB Ratings Week 12

mgoodpaster

I realize I'm talking to a wall here, but I reeeeeeeeeeeally feel like we should disallow posts that exist strictly to boost page views for their own site. It's one thing if it's a regular contributor here who also has their own page, but when a poster comes here once a week strictly to promote their own page........this is just all kinds of greasy.

56 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I realize I'm talking to a wall here, but I reeeeeeeeeeeally feel like we should disallow posts that exist strictly to boost page views for their own site. It's one thing if it's a regular contributor here who also has their own page, but when a poster comes here once a week strictly to promote their own page........this is just all kinds of greasy.

I have no problems with anyone wanting to promote their CFL blog - the more informed opinion the merrier; however, I agree that it sucks that they do not participate in any debate and discussion. They do not contribute to the forum beyond taking us to another site.

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

I just really don't think it's fair to Rich to have someone use this place as a vehicle for promoting their own project, which they're likely making at least SOME money.....

You seem to have a bigger issue with this then I do.

My thoughts on this ... if another site is investing time to put CFL content out there, especially what appears to be an independent type of sports website, I think that is a plus for the CFL community.

I can't imagine the amount of traffic they would get from clicks off this site give them all that much revenue.  People would have to be interested in clicking, visiting their website, and clicking their adds. 

If you really want to have issues with it, their biggest benefit is google may see them as more important if they can get more 3rd party sites to link to them.