OK can we call a spade a spade and stop with the assinine Pav experiment already???

IC Khari

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Then those other games he must have been really good to bring his numbers up to respectable. 

He was pretty good!  But as a coach you want a guy who is good every night, not great one night and trash the next.  If you score 4 goals, it doesn't really matter if the goalie got a shut out.  This is part of the timely saves argument.  Goalie A gives up 2 goals 2 nights in a row.  The team wins both, 3-2 and 4-2.  Goalie B gives up 0 goals one night and 4 the next.  The team goes 1-1, winning 4-0 and losing 4-3.  Same GAA, same SV%, better record because one guy is more consistent.

Now, I'm not saying Pav is the goalie letting in 2 every night... we know he's not.  But that's the general rationale.

Just now, Atomic said:

He was pretty good!  But as a coach you want a guy who is good every night, not great one night and trash the next.  If you score 4 goals, it doesn't really matter if the goalie got a shut out.  This is part of the timely saves argument.  Goalie A gives up 2 goals 2 nights in a row.  The team wins both, 3-2 and 4-2.  Goalie B gives up 0 goals one night and 4 the next.  The team goes 1-1, winning 4-0 and losing 4-3.  Same GAA, same SV%, better record because one guy is more consistent.

Now, I'm not saying Pav is the goalie letting in 2 every night... we know he's not.  But that's the general rationale.

I dont disagree.  I think they expected Hutch to be better to take the load off Helle.  The reason Pavs is here is not Helle as much as its Hutch, I think.  But a young goalie not being consistently above average is not a shocker.

Poor Team D doesnt help.  And whatever it is that takes promising goalies and has them start really strong and slowly regress should be identified and rectified (hint: Flaherty).

53 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Here's Helle's stats this year, draw your own conclusions.

http://www.rotoworld.com/log/nhl/4545/connor-hellebuyck

15 games .900 or under.

Or. .if you prefer 

Pavs vs Helle 

Better Sv% Career: Helle
Better Win% Career: Helle
Better Sv% January: Helle
Better Quality Start% 2016/2017: Helle

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Or. .if you prefer 

Pavs vs Helle 

Better Sv% Career: Helle
Better Win% Career: Helle
Better Sv% January: Helle
Better Quality Start% 2016/2017: Helle

That's exactly the nonsense that shouldn't count for anything.  No one gives a crap about Pavelec.  The Jets don't give a crap about Pavelec.  You might as well compare Hellebuyck's stats against mine.

Hellebuyck is getting compared to good goalies and found wanting.  Why is Pavelec any part of that equation?  No one is calling Pavelec a good goalie.

If Hellebuyck and Hutchinson were in any way respectable the organization would not have felt forced to call Pavelec back up.  They probably found it embarrassing.  They didn't want this conversation to be happening.  They certainly didn't want the grandmas in the lower seats to start talking about what a nice boy Pavelec is all over again, and how the Jets were big meanies to him.

How is Hellebuyck comparing to Gibson, Budaj and the like?  No one is saying he has to be an all-star in his first real season.  The Jets have not rushed him.  They didn't make him play 18 of the first 20 games.  They have eased him in and slowly increased his role to the point where he was the uncontested #1, and Hellebuyck did not respond the way they would have liked.  He started to perform poorly.  And if Hutchinson could do anything remotely useful they could have put the training wheels back on Hellebuyck for a while, but Hutchinson was as bad or worse.

Hellebuyck will get his chance again because the Jets don't have any other options and they haven't given up on him.  They shouldn't give up on him.  Players develop at their own pace despite the lack of convenience for the fans.  There is no conspiracy theory here.  They want Pavelec gone at the end of the season or sooner.

What they don't want is to replace him with a guy whose stats are only slightly better.  Hellebuyck's standard isn't to be slightly better than a guy we already know isn't good enough to start in the NHL.  His standard is to be a quality NHL starter.  He has not come close to doing that yet.

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

That QS stat is interesting.  Quality starts aka 2 or less goals allowed. 

Since 2007 when that stat first started there is only 1 goalie in the nhl with less than 50 percent quality starts and more than 250 games played. Care to guess who? 

No.  It's not relevant to whether or not Hellebuyck is playing well.

I'm relying on the unassailable stat that MBRG used the word "crap" and forms thereof, more than any other poster. ever.

Have not counted but it looks like every fourth sentence contained some form of the word crap. crappy, craptacular, crappified, crapola, and so on.

Therefore.... Pav plays!

/end thread!

Edited by Mark F
edit

he'll be the answer the rest of this season...honestly, the biggest reason I want the team to continue playing well with him in net, is just to watch the anthill being kicked and see all the scurrying around as people don't know how to rationalize their hatred of him along with the winning of the team. I need a real good popcorn-eating emoticon for that drama...

50 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You seem to be missing the rather loud segment of people that seem to think Pavs is the answer. Granted, that group is slinking back into the bushes a bit. 

The answer to what?  Nobody here or elsewhere wants him on the Jets long term.  Whether it's him or Hellebuyck here for the rest of this season is kind of irrelevant... the Jets aren't making the playoffs.  They weren't good enough when Hellebuyck was starting and they aren't any better now.  This season is over.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You seem to be missing the rather loud segment of people that seem to think Pavs is the answer. Granted, that group is slinking back into the bushes a bit. 

Guess I must be.  Unless you mean Noeller.  Out of province McJesus fans don't count.

Does anyone think the Jets are going to offer Pavelec a contract?  No one has suggested or advocated that as far as I've seen, so how can anyone be suggesting Pavelec is an answer?  He's absolutely done as a Jet.  I'm pretty sure suggesting using a bailing bucket when the boat is sinking isn't the same thing as suggesting that a bailing bucket is the answer for a hole in the boat.

I've noticed a loud push back on the people who can't stop yelling "Pav sucks" no matter what happens in individual games.  We know Pavelec is a NHL backup at best.  We've also been watching the Jets for the last 5 years.  He came in and we got some wins when the guys we gave the job to couldn't.  Wins are the point of playing the games.  In some of those wins he even played well.  It's okay to admit that.  It doesn't make him desirable as anything other than a short term solution to the H's ineffective play.

Pavelec is the sump pump we've been forced to use right now.

I tend to stay away from the hockey side of the forum because "Pav's chitt" showing up 20 times in every thread isn't a discussion and the people who can't stop beating those drums don't make being here particularly pleasant.

While there are aspects of Enstrom's game that I really don't care for I'm not going to say trade Enstrom in every post because I'm rational.  Barring a very good deal the Jets would be worse off if they traded Enstrom, even if I don't care for his inability to throw a check or tie up a man in front or his hatred of taking shots because scoring goals is a very bad thing in Sweden but assists are the ultimate prize.

4 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Guess I must be.  Unless you mean Noeller.  Out of province McJesus fans don't count.

Does anyone think the Jets are going to offer Pavelec a contract?  No one has suggested or advocated that as far as I've seen, so how can anyone be suggesting Pavelec is an answer?  He's absolutely done as a Jet.  I'm pretty sure suggesting using a bailing bucket when the boat is sinking isn't the same thing as suggesting that a bailing bucket is the answer for a hole in the boat.

I've noticed a loud push back on the people who can't stop yelling "Pav sucks" no matter what happens in individual games.  We know Pavelec is a NHL backup at best.  We've also been watching the Jets for the last 5 years.  He came in and we got some wins when the guys we gave the job to couldn't.  Wins are the point of playing the games.  In some of those wins he even played well.  It's okay to admit that.  It doesn't make him desirable as anything other than a short term solution to the H's ineffective play.

Pavelec is the sump pump we've been forced to use right now.

I tend to stay away from the hockey side of the forum because "Pav's chitt" showing up 20 times in every thread isn't a discussion and the people who can't stop beating those drums don't make being here particularly pleasant.

While there are aspects of Enstrom's game that I really don't care for I'm not going to say trade Enstrom in every post because I'm rational.  Barring a very good deal the Jets would be worse off if they traded Enstrom, even if I don't care for his inability to throw a check or tie up a man in front or his hatred of taking shots because scoring goals is a very bad thing in Sweden but assists are the ultimate prize.

Not true.....Fire Maurice or the flavor of the day takes up a big part of it also.

Those stats do mean something.  They mean Hellebuyck has been better than Pavelec yet Pavelec plays. This is the problem.  He has played better than pavelec. Yeah he had 2 tough games where he was pulled... it happens but he has better numbers... including a better Winning percentage than pavelec does yet pavelec keeps playing.  Why? Cuz he makes timely saves?  Lol. He's 4 and 3 and has let in 3 plus every game he's played.  Timely saves? Bullshit. Donald Trump has coined the term alternative facts... seems like when people talk about pavelec they are using alternative facts also. Noone thinks he's the answer? Good. Then why does he play then? Helle Needs to play. 

Edited by Goalie

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

he'll be the answer the rest of this season...honestly, the biggest reason I want the team to continue playing well with him in net, is just to watch the anthill being kicked and see all the scurrying around as people don't know how to rationalize their hatred of him along with the winning of the team. I need a real good popcorn-eating emoticon for that drama...

Delete

Edited by Goalie
Don't feed the trolls

Just now, Floyd said:

On the upside, Pavs has totally taken the focus off of Stuart's angry-deer-in-the-headlights D technique

For the most part... our entire d system looks exactly like Stuart. 

What it's done Is actually made people think coaching isn't the biggest problem when it most certainly is. 

Lawless ripping in to the "Atlanta core" on h and L today tho. Not sure what Atlanta core means but apparently it's buff wheeler little Toby. Weirdest thing is he doesn't include pav Thor and Stu who waste about 7.7 million in cap space