Your opinions on all the new qbs in the league

Brandon

Now that we seen some of the other teams players what are your opinions and how would you rank them? Also which got would you think we should go for?

I'd rank them like so

Reilly

LeFevour

Collaros

Mitchell

Willy

Hall

Goltz

Marsh

I think Collaros is still quite raw but he definitely is athletic enough to toss rockets and run around and I think he and Willy are the only free agents on the list so I'd go for him.

I do think BLM is really over rated and has benefited from a great o line and rb. Marsh is garbage and still has horse shoes up his butt. Definitely the worst starting qb in the league.

Mitchell - Not a great starter yet, but hes adequate for now and will probably be the man in Calgary next year. IMO he'll be the best QB in the league within a couple of years.

Reilly - Above average player but Inconsistent at best, needs to learn how to play four Quarters. Really needs to prove that he can be a winner in this league, hard to tell how good he is as BC made him look better than he is and Edmonton has made him look worse. A bit overrated IMO, but he would still be our best Quarterback.

Collaros - Good young player with a lot of potential, but as with all young Quarterbacks he has good days and his bad. It should be interesting to see what kind of career he has in this league and I wouldn't be surprised if he was here next season.

Willy - Haven't personally seen as much of him, but aside from Collaros hes probably the only young guy we realistically have a chance at bringing in next year. Looks like a solid backup and could turn out to be a quality starter.

Marsh - Fresh rookie to the CFL and hes managed to win a couple of games, but he looks like a worse version of Joey Elliot with all those turnovers. At least he has room to improve, and probably time with the lack of other options in Montreal.

Goltz - Good runner, and he has everything you look for except accuracy. Thankfully, that is something that can be developed and progressed over time and he could become more than the gimmick Quarterback he is now. Being only 26 years old and in his fourth year in the league is definitely huge for him.

Hall - Not much of a runner but definitely a better pass than Goltz. I don't think he has the ability to be a quality starter, but he could probably be a serviceable backup for a couple of years.

LevFevour - Hasn't even started a game yet, but he might be the man in Hamilton next year depending on what Burris does. Not much I can personally say about him.

Nichols - Looked like he was a decent Quarterback who could win games, but injuries have already derailed his career.

If I had #1 pick in a draft of all the players in the league right now, I'd take Mitchell.

In terms of the younger QBs, Reilly would be #2 for me, then Marsh, then Willy.  Those four are the ones that have shown potential (make reads and throws from the pocket) to be long-term answers soon IMO.

Collaros has a nasty release, if you keep him in the pocket he's screwed.  Montreal lost the game by blitzing too much today, make Collaros beat you with his arm.  He can make plays with his legs though.  He's a little bit more refined version of Goltz but with a windup like Brink.  I don't see him turning into a long-term answer for anyone.

LeFevour hasn't run an actual offense in the regular season, he runs Hamilton's short-yardage/wildcat package.  We have no idea if he can make reads and throw from the pocket.

Hall doesn't have a good enough arm to be a pure pocket passer.  Goltz isn't a passer at all. 

LeFevour is atrocious. He's Quinton Porter lite.

Based on what?

nothing really but it's no worse than ranking LeFevour second in the group of new QBs. You're 100% right in saying that we haven't seen enough of him but that's the thing, he's shown no more than Adrian McPherson, DeMarco or even a guy like Spurgeon Wynn ever did,

Lol I knew the LeFevour thing would stir the pot :D      In fairness the guy is very fast and has a good arm,   he looks good but clearly nothing is set in stone since he has something like 20 pass attempts only this season!

Marsh I think is just awful,  the guy when faced with pressure looks like a deer in headlights.    In fairness he is a true raw rookie and while it was good that he won the game... it probably would of been best if he sat ont he bench and Nieswander played out the season....  Marsh is just a warm body that is chucking balls hoping his receiver makes a play inbetween getting sacked every 2nd play.  Kind of like Goltz was tonight lol.