Game 52 : Lake Winnipeg @ Lake Michigan

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Lots of players we COULD move into that spot...just none that deserve it.

Not sure what you think depth is...?

Jets have two #1/2 centres - Scheif, Little, two more #2/3 - MP, Lowry and then two more #3/4 with potential - Copp, Petan

What do you mean none that deserve it? Since when does deserving something matter? Does Drew Stafford deserve to be on the PP or Adam Lowry? Does Mark Stuart deserve to be on the PK or Thorburn? It's not about deserving, it's about giving a kid a chance to show what he can do. 

I like Wheeler but his D play is not good at all, he's not good in the D zone, Little is but Wheeler? Certainly not one of our better D forwards..

I think it's as simple as Copp Scheif Wheeler looked good last  game and Laine and Ehlers, well you can't break them up so put them with Little, Both those lines looked good last game, I have no issue with those line combos at all. 

I was just browsing the stats and The Jets have 4 guys in the top 30 points wise (Scheif tied for 8th, Ehlers, Laine and Wheeler). Buff is on the list also, but not in the top 30 and is the 5th best point producing D man behind Burns, Karlsson,Hedman and Shattenkirk (1 more point than Buff). Helle has the exact same save percentage as Henrik Lundqvist, 907 which is below league average for sure but... 5 guys in the top 40 scoring and a goalie with the almost exact same GAA and exactly the same save percentage as a pretty damn good goalie and we are this bad?

It's actually somewhat mind boggling... PP and PK really killing us it seems. D zone play also. 

Man, the Metro ran a nice article today about Maurice tho didn't it? anyone see it? 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I was just browsing the stats and The Jets have 4 guys in the top 30 points wise (Scheif tied for 8th, Ehlers, Laine and Wheeler). Buff is on the list also, but not in the top 30 and is the 5th best point producing D man behind Burns, Karlsson,Hedman and Shattenkirk (1 more point than Buff). Helle has the exact same save percentage as Henrik Lundqvist, 907 which is below league average for sure but... 5 guys in the top 40 scoring and a goalie with the almost exact same GAA and exactly the same save percentage as a pretty damn good goalie and we are this bad?

It's actually somewhat mind boggling... PP and PK really killing us it seems. D zone play also. 

Man, the Metro ran a nice article today about Maurice tho didn't it? anyone see it? 

Please summarize

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Annti Raanta = 10 wins, 4 losses, .923

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I like Wheeler but his D play is not good at all, he's not good in the D zone, Little is but Wheeler? Certainly not one of our better D forwards..

D zone?  Wouldn't you say the best form of defense is keeping it out of the D zone to begin with?  Something Wheeler has been our best at for, oh, 4 years now.

34 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You are comparing him to a goalie that is having the worst year of his career. He still has five more wins than Helle.

35 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Having a god-awful PK and taking the most, or close to the most, penalties in the league is basically the whole reason this team struggles every year.

15 minutes ago, Atomic said:

D zone?  Wouldn't you say the best form of defense is keeping it out of the D zone to begin with?  Something Wheeler has been our best at for, oh, 4 years now.

Fancy stats would say that Wheeler is our best defensive forward... best all-around forward... 

leading our Corsi even strength, leading Corsi shorthanded, E+/- is by far the best on Jets...

19 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Fancy stats would say that Wheeler is our best defensive forward... best all-around forward... 

leading our Corsi even strength, leading Corsi shorthanded, E+/- is by far the best on Jets...

More reason not to trust them....as Goalie stated, he is poor defensively in the D zone...Scheif is better. To be honest I don't care, he isn't Drew Stafford poor and he puts up points and busts his ass every shift of every game.

I think Maurice like Little and Laine together and let's not forget, they said they would be trying different forwards with different centers before the season started.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

More reason not to trust them....as Goalie stated, he is poor defensively in the D zone...Scheif is better.

I really wonder if you actually watch the games.  Scheif is not a great defensive forward... he's getting better but not in Wheeler and Little's league.

But sure, fancy stats mean nothing - quick someone call the NHL and tell them

Set aside the ridiculous "fancy stats" moniker and realize that all we're really saying in this thread is that the team generates more offence than we give up when Wheeler is on the ice.  More than any other player.  Although I'm sure you guys are super awesome at judging good D zone play (that was sarcasm), you can't deny the FACT that Wheeler is our best forward when it comes to generating offence for and limiting offence against.

31 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I really wonder if you actually watch the games.  Scheif is not a great defensive forward... he's getting better but not in Wheeler and Little's league.

But sure, fancy stats mean nothing - quick someone call the NHL and tell them

who said fancy stats mean nothing?

lying or changing facts does not help your debating skills or lack thereof.

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Set aside the ridiculous "fancy stats" moniker and realize that all we're really saying in this thread is that the team generates more offence than we give up when Wheeler is on the ice.  More than any other player.  Although I'm sure you guys are super awesome at judging good D zone play (that was sarcasm), you can't deny the FACT that Wheeler is our best forward when it comes to generating offence for and limiting offence against.

Technically, your the only one saying that and I agree with you.

But you generate that shot differential by backchecking and busting your ass.  Little, Wheeler and Armia are the best defensive forwards on this team.