Game 6 : Back to Panicking @ Dallas

D pairs: Morrissey-Byfuglien, Enstrom-Myers, Stuart-Chiarot. Looks like Postma is out.

Early lines: Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler, Ehlers-Perreault-Stafford(?), Matthias-Lowry-Armia, Thorburn-Burmistrov-Tanev. Looks like Connor is out

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Well, one injury and one holdout.  To be fair to the Jets, I think most other teams would be playing well below expectations too without a top 4 D AND a top 2 centre. Little and Trouba are 2 of what, our top 6 or 7 players I figure?

I can't find too much fault with any of Maurice's lineups so far this season.  In a perfect world, where we're healthy and Trouba's a Jet long-term I'd say we'd be a pretty solid team - esp fancy stats-wise.  In more perfect-er world, where contract status was forgotten and we had, say Dano up over Burmistrov or Lowry - even better gameday roster.

Bottom line, we've got 16 games in 28 nights with 6 sets of back to backs. And oh - looky there, Dec.1 is also right around that time too....Ovvvvvverrrhaaaarddt Overrrhaarrrrdddt. Should be fascinating to see where the Jets are and how the roster looks by the time New Years rolls around. 

Sitting Connor won't hurt him. If anything it will help him. Now I'm not saying sit him for a week because he needs the ice time but to sit him for two or three games is the right thing to do if you ask me. His defensive game needs a lot a lot did I say a lot of work.

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Postma is a very capable 3rd pair RHD.  

Stu Chiarot is just stupidity.  Dallas tho is very injured and yeah... but still.... this is an example of why Maurice may not have as much rope as some suggest. 

Put it on the GM who gives him such poor players to choose from.  Stuart over Postma isn't costing us games.  Having only Stuart and Postma to choose from is the root problem.  But damn, we've got such a great prospect pool.  Which defenceman should we bring up next?  I'll wait for an answer.... *crickets*.  Or do only forward prospects count towards us having the best prospect pool in the league?

15 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Strange that attendance figures have them at selling all 3 previous home games yet they are always big sections empty.

TO same way. Maybe not this year though.

Burmi on a breakaway? That ever happen b4?

Matth should have shot on that pass from Armia whose having a pretty good game and then it goes the other way and... :(

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg