Can we beat calgary?

wbbfan

We're going to have to get a return and get Flanders going if we're going to have a  realistic chance at this... Cole and Westerman are going to have to step it up and Shologan, Cummings and  Bass will have to be key in defending the run.

Calgary may have less points against but I think our defence man for man is better... front seven I think is a wash but our dbs are best in the league IMO. 

Can we compare and rate coaching staffs?

HCs: Mike O'Shea vs Dave Dickenson

Defense: Richie Hall vs Davone Claybrooks

Offense: Paul Lapolice, Dave Dickenson?

STs: Mike O'Shea, Mark Kilam

I'd give the edge to Dickenson as HC because of his years of coaching experience. I see the DCs as a saw-off because of our D playing so well but it's hard to argue against Calgary having maybe the best D in the league, consistently. If think Calgary has an edge in coaching the offense over Lapo and Pierce due to Dickenson and Dinwiddie's experience again. I don't know Mark Kilam but I'm giving us the edge on special teams because of O'Shea's work with our special teams since taking over from Tracy last year.

Overall edge to Calgary.

Dickenson has one more year of coaching experience. Your use of experience is not a good measuring stick Lapo has as many season as a OC as Dickensons plus a decade plus more coaching experience. Ritch Hall is one of the most veteran coordinators in the league. O'Shea is not a rookie HC and has just as much experience coach special teams as Kilam

18 hours ago, Goalie said:

If we can limit Messam I think the game will be close. We have played Calgary twice back when Willy started.... and I don't think we looked that bad. I think the problem at that time was the O. I think the O is improved since then. I think we probably have a pretty good chance this Saturday.  Will we win? Who knows. But I wouldn't be surprised if we do beat them. I also wouldn't be surprised if we didn't.  You would think the pressure would be more on Calgary this game... games there. Stamps are rolling. Bombers historically don't do well at Mcmahon. A win would shock the world. 

Time for the D to step up and for the O to show that we are legit. I think we are already legit but.... I don't think many people around the league really respect the bombers. Time to go out and get that respect 

I'd also add try to get under his skin. Whose are best chirper on our team? Assign him to Messam from the mental aspect of the game. When things aren't going his way and/or he's been mentally played with, it gets him frustrated. My observations over the years on him is then he doesn't become the best teammate when things aren't puppy dogs, lollypops and unicorns which then fosters a negative vibe with the rest of his Stampeders. Every bit will count in how we beat them. Call it the Cleo Lemon effect.

Edited by HardCoreBlue
Typo, again.

20 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Dickenson has one more year of coaching experience. Your use of experience is not a good measuring stick Lapo has as many season as a OC as Dickensons plus a decade plus more coaching experience. Ritch Hall is one of the most veteran coordinators in the league. O'Shea is not a rookie HC and has just as much experience coach special teams as Kilam

What I meant was Dickenson has coaching experience in different aspects of coaching such as Running Backs coach, QB coach, and 4 years as an OC. Before this gig, all O'Shea had done was special teams. That's why I gave him the edge over Kilam but put him behind Dickenson. As much as I like MOS, I can't ignore Dickenson's resume, both as a player and as a coach. I realize he's a rookie but if I had to pick one or the other, long term, as the Bombers head coach, I'd take Dickenson.