89 Matteo Gennaro

DEFENCE

51 Luke Green   53 Jan Kostalek   62 Nelson Nogier   64 Logan Stanley  

70 Tyson Wilson   81 Kristians Rubins

87 Matt Murphy

GOALTENDERS

50 Jamie Phillips   60 Mikhail Berdin

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

got my tix for the game next Sunday against young Canucks - really looking forward to seeing Connor, Roslovic, Lemieux and Stanley.  Not so excited to see Fronk and Blomquist back, but that's what happens when you draft a bunch of NCAA guys, who aren't eligible to play.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

got my tix for the game next Sunday against young Canucks - really looking forward to seeing Connor, Roslovic, Lemieux and Stanley.  Not so excited to see Fronk and Blomquist back, but that's what happens when you draft a bunch of NCAA guys, who aren't eligible to play.

Ditto. Oh, wait. You've got my tickets :)

PENTICTON, B.C. – Ryan Longberg, Austin Carroll, Matthew Phillips and Andrew Mangiapone scored as the Calgary Flames defeated the Winnipeg Jets 4-1 in opening day action at the Young Stars Classic rookie tournament at the South Okanagan Events Centre Friday night.

Jansen Harkins scored the lone goal for the Jets, who were outshot 42-21. Winnipeg led 1-0 after the first period and trailed 2-1 after the second.

Jamie Phillips and Mikhail Berdin split goaltending duties for the Jets, who will practise today before games against the Vancouver Canucks and Edmonton Oilers on Sunday and Monday, respectively.

Jon Gillies went the distance for the Flames in net.

Lemieux is an agitator and will have to continue the way he plays if he plans of every playing in the NHL,  Jets young prospects d was a mess and forwards were not that much better but hey its the first live action of the year plenty of time for improvement with their junior teams or Moose, none of these guys make the Jets this year.

Would love to be wrong about Connor and Lemiuex and i get that its real early in the process but the Jets are in no rush to get this guys up with the big club as this year looks like it will be a close but no cigar year. IMO starting the season with the Moose might be in their best interests, but then again if one of them is lights out in the preseason can you hold them back.

WFP Summary...

Tyler Coulter scored the game-winning goal at 10:47 of the third period to lift the Vancouver Canucks to a 3-2 victory over the Winnipeg Jets at the Young Stars Classic NHL rookie tournament Sunday afternoon.

The Jets, who trailed 2-0 after 40 minutes, made a game of it with an offensive flurry in the third period.

Centre Michael Spacek ended a Winnipeg goal-less drought of 92 minutes and 30 seconds with a nifty short-handed goal early in the third period and Jimmy Lodge tied the game less than five minutes later.

Danny Moynihan and Cole Cassels scored earlier for Vancouver.

Jamie Phillips made 32 saves in the Jets net while Canucks goaltender Michael Garteig stopped 22 shots.

The Jets complete their participation in the Classic with a game against Edmonton Oilers rookies on Monday morning.

Kyle Connor has a lot in common with Justin Trudeau - he looks good, but he's just not ready.  I expect him to be Moose-bound this year.  Of course, I thought that of Ehlers last year too after seeing him play in the YS.

Logan Stanley looked lost out there.  He needs a few more years of development.

I didn't see Morrissey out there, I thought he was supposed to be playing in this tournament?

Roslovic - needs another year of junior and then a year of two with the Moose

Lemieux - looked a lot better than last year.  If any of these guys make it with the big club, I would say he's got the best chance.

Jiri Fronk and Spacek looked fast.  Some guy with the last name "Waked" was flying around hitting guys.

All around much better effort than last year.  Both teams were working their butts off out there.  Very entertaining game.