Young Stars Classic - Winnipeg Jets roster

FrostyWinnipeg

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Morrissey

Right, I got that as soon as I looked at the roster and saw that Morrissey wasn't on it.

This guy looked pretty good out there:

http://jetsnation.ca/2016/8/24/jets-invite-kristians-rubins-to-young-stars-tournament-in-penticton

Stallard was playing on a line with Roslovic and Connor, and they had a few scoring chances.  The line buzzing the most was Spacek/Fronk and Harkins (or was it Gennaro?)  They seemed to be moving fast and making some chances happen.

Jets defence was definitely not in sync - Kostalek and Stanley on the PP looked like they both couldn't see each other, kept missing on passes.  Green also didn't look that good either. 

19 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Right, I got that as soon as I looked at the roster and saw that Morrissey wasn't on it.

This guy looked pretty good out there:

http://jetsnation.ca/2016/8/24/jets-invite-kristians-rubins-to-young-stars-tournament-in-penticton

Stallard was playing on a line with Roslovic and Connor, and they had a few scoring chances.  The line buzzing the most was Spacek/Fronk and Harkins (or was it Gennaro?)  They seemed to be moving fast and making some chances happen.

Jets defence was definitely not in sync - Kostalek and Stanley on the PP looked like they both couldn't see each other, kept missing on passes.  Green also didn't look that good either. 

Kostalek has been a major disappointment for me, i guess i just expected to see more, Stanley is a good 3-4 years away if ever needs improvement in many facets of his game, he young so there's time.

I just wanted to add that this year I couldn't accuse anyone of dogging it out there.  Even DeLeo was working hard. Its clear that these kids know they have to impress.  Waked is on an ELC try-out so now I know why he was trying to take peoples' heads off out there.   Last year the one thing I didn't like was that it seemed like a lot of the kids, especially Petan, didn't really give a crap.  This year was miles better in that department, and at least I felt I got my money's worth this time.

Jets v Oilers courtesy of Ken Wiebe @ WPG Sun

Beautiful no-look pass from Jack Roslovic to Kyle Connor, who buries a one-timer at 9:40 of 1st period. 1-0

Jaedon Descheneau finds some space in the slot and rips a shot past Mikhail Berdin. #Oilers tie it 1-1 at 16:55 of 1st period

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Its just a way for the kids to get a jump on training camp and some more one on one teaching and to see what we have.  Heard them discussing Logan Stanley this morning and how this camp has made it clear he's going back to junior for 1-2 years but still has big upside.

And Connor/Roslovic look like they could be a force.