Aaron Rouse released?

Atomic

The guy hasn't played a NFL game since 2009 (equivalent to 3 head coaches in Bomber time), hasn't been under contract to a NFL team since first cuts in 2010 training camp, hasn't played a professional football game for 2 seasons.  For him to come to the CFL and all of a sudden have NFL teams interested the same week seems dubious to me.

The moral to this story is don't bring a guy in unless he has agreed to a contract in advance. Somebody may have dropped the ball on this one.

He had signed a contract. A player doesn't get released if he hasn't signed a contract. And the Bombers do not announce player signings until after the league has approved the contract.

The guy hasn't played a NFL game since 2009 (equivalent to 3 head coaches in Bomber time), hasn't been under contract to a NFL team since first cuts in 2010 training camp, hasn't played a professional football game for 2 seasons.  For him to come to the CFL and all of a sudden have NFL teams interested the same week seems dubious to me.

probably decided that he could make more dough at regular job in Virginia.

I imagine The Bombers knew of the NFL aspirations and the conversation went something like this.

Bombers: Hey Aaron, want to play football for us?

Aaron: Yes, but I have NFL aspirations

Bombers: *snickers* sure, come up north and if they come calling, we'll let you go and if it doesn't work out, you can come back

Aaron: great!

Its almost like... our scouting department discovered someone that was forgotten by the nfl. We sign him, they see his name in the news, and then say "Oh yeah, I remember him now, we should take a look at him"

Hmmm...wonder what that is in dog years?