Trevor Harris Injured

iso_55

11 hours ago, iso_55 said:

These low hits on the qb standing in the pocket unable to defend themselves should be automatic ejection, suspension & fines.

12 hours ago, iso_55 said:

These low hits on the qb standing in the pocket unable to defend themselves should be automatic ejection, suspension & fines.

There was no low hit on Harris on this play. The defender had the QB around the waist. You can't hit a QB high and hitting a QB low is at his knees and below. That leaves the area between under the shoulders down to just above the knees. Exactly the area Harris was tackled. The injury came from the twist of the QB trying to get away and the tackle. 

It never ceases to amaze me how fans that can't stand another team see stuff that never happened. The sad thing about all of this is that both SASK and OTT with their back up QB's look way better than the Bombers do with Willy and all the off season signings. Except Smith. 

12 hours ago, Doublezero said:

That was a reckless rolling tackle by Corvey Irvin, IMHO. Takes out an excellent QB. Very unfortunate. But yeah, next man up. Brock Jensen. Could be interesting.

There was nothing reckless about that tackle. It was a clean grab. With the QB trying to escape and the defender trying to tackle. That's why the play went the way it did. If that would have been a Bomber or even a Toronto defender tackling Harris. Nothing would have been said here.  Because it's a defender from SASK that is the only reason anything is being said. If there was anything wrong with that play as in illegal or dirty. TSN color would have discussed that in the time it took Harris to leave the field. 

10 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Both young qbs are playing well. Riders like the Bombers are experimenting with different ways to lose this game. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

I guess SASK is turning the corner and finding ways to win. They have been in all of their games so far this year. Kinda sad that Chris Jones can put 12 new defenders on the field and 50% new offensive players as well as a back up QB this game and they look better than the Bombers with all the off season signings and Willy behind Center. 

For those who are still advocating "continuity" in the Bomber coaching and GM positions,last night's game ought to be the final proof that they are beating a dead horse. Up to then, I was 50-50 about Walters staying on as GM with a new head coach, but unless one of our backup QB's is way better than we think, the play of the three backups was a revelation. They were not perfect, but they were decisive and all made some very good passes and handoffs- way better than we have seen from Willy in two years. Time to clean house. Higgins for head coach and Murphy for GM.

And it never ceases to amaze me how fans from another team (Riders) will come over & make blanket statements here because they perceive their players are hard done by judging a small sample size & make blanket assumptions. If 3rd & 1 had bothered to research this site he'd have known I wasn't talking just about the injury to Harris  but the injury to Darian Durant last week. But I guess that's just too much to ask.

Edited by iso_55

2 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

I guess SASK is turning the corner and finding ways to win. They have been in all of their games so far this year. Kinda sad that Chris Jones can put 12 new defenders on the field and 50% new offensive players as well as a back up QB this game and they look better than the Bombers with all the off season signings and Willy behind Center. 

Your center was the star of the game because he was creative in his snapping & almost found out nearly 3 different ways to lose a game? Well done. You're lucky you won.

3 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

And it never ceases to amaze me how fans from another team (Riders) will come over & make blanket statements here because they perceive their players are hard done by judging a small sample size & make blanket assumptions. If 3rd & 1 had bothered to research this site he'd have known I wasn't talking just about the injury to Harris  but the injury to Darian Durant last week. But I guess that's just too much to ask.

I am not advocating for any one team. I am discussing the play that brought up this topic. The hit on Darian was partially the olinemans fault as well. He drove the defender towards Darian.

3 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

I am not advocating for any one team. I am discussing the play that brought up this topic. The hit on Darian was partially the olinemans fault as well. He drove the defender towards Darian.

You are advocating for 1 team just looking at your comments so far. Oh sorry, blanket statement. My bad. Oh wait...

Edited by iso_55

5 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

There was nothing reckless about that tackle. It was a clean grab. With the QB trying to escape and the defender trying to tackle. That's why the play went the way it did. If that would have been a Bomber or even a Toronto defender tackling Harris. Nothing would have been said here.  Because it's a defender from SASK that is the only reason anything is being said. If there was anything wrong with that play as in illegal or dirty. TSN color would have discussed that in the time it took Harris to leave the field. 

There are plenty of questionable calls by the officials that are not called out by TSN color.  See the awful pi call on the Ottawa defender that allowed Saskatchewan to get into field goal range and win the game.  Thanks Mr. Official.  The closest Suiter got to saying it was a bad call was saying it doesn't look like the player was contacted.  He didn't blast the officials as he rightly should have.  It is like TSN has put the kibosh on any overt criticism of the officials for as long as I can remember.  TSN pretty well never discusses bad calls by the officials as you claim.  Nice try though.

Professional broadcasting should involve a play-by-play man who prepares himself for a game by understanding the rules of the game and nuances of the offense and defense rather than concentrating on some pre-programmed storyline effusing a player's physique like Giguere or a player's place of birth like Josh Bartel

30 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Professional broadcasting should involve a play-by-play man who prepares himself for a game by understanding the rules of the game and nuances of the offense and defense rather than concentrating on some pre-programmed storyline effusing a player's physique like Giguere or a player's place of birth like Josh Bartel

How dare you bad-mouth Rod Black so severely.

9 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Rod is just pandering to his huge American audience who hunger for strange tidbits of information on their friendly Canadian neighbours. 

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

10 hours ago, tracker said:

For those who are still advocating "continuity" in the Bomber coaching and GM positions,last night's game ought to be the final proof that they are beating a dead horse. Up to then, I was 50-50 about Walters staying on as GM with a new head coach, but unless one of our backup QB's is way better than we think, the play of the three backups was a revelation. They were not perfect, but they were decisive and all made some very good passes and handoffs- way better than we have seen from Willy in two years. Time to clean house. Higgins for head coach and Murphy for GM.

How does Miller escape your ire? Isn't he ultimately responsible for the whole stinking mess?

16 minutes ago, J5V said:

How does Miller escape your ire? Isn't he ultimately responsible for the whole stinking mess?

I do not know how involved he has been in the day-to-day affairs of the team. To my knowledge, Miller is supposed to oversee the finances, and hire the GM, but at this point Walters is not the acute problem, although he ought to have sacked O'Shea at the end of last season. Muddying the waters there is that O'Shea appears to be a good guy and that cannot make bringing the axe down easy or comfortable.

On 22/07/2016 at 11:14 PM, do or die said:

That game confirmed what most of us already knew.......our offense is utter crap.

what worries me more is this confirms that 5 weeks into a rebuild... the Riders are further ahead than we are in almost 3 years (I'm counting the end of 2013 as the starting point)...

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

what worries me more is this confirms that 5 weeks into a rebuild... the Riders are further ahead than we are in almost 3 years (I'm counting the end of 2013 as the starting point)...

That thought is outright ugly.