Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Goalie

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Goalie

  1. It’s a different wind tho. ;)
  2. That was the first game this week where both teams were bad. Like both Ottawa and Edmonton have big holes to fill. They can probably compete with the Winnipeg Calgary Montreal Hamilton of the league but, In the end, Edmonton and Ottawa will lose more than they win. Cuz for us much as maybe complain at times, I’d take Rankin and Mack on the bombers and maybe a linebacker or 2 but that’s it. They got some holes to fill. Ottawa? It’s a rebuild there it appears but with a bad QB but the bad QB wasn’t really the biggest problem.
  3. I’ll just say this, generally in the sports that do these kinda play in playoffs like basketball and others, the bad teams still lose their games. The better teams win overall. Some teams get help from a pro wrestling vampire like character and don’t lose again. And honestly the idea I think makes sense as if I hear playoff game as a fan I think it’s more important and it likely means there’s a higher chance I pay money to go see the playoff game. Look at Hamilton and Ottawa this past week. They were half empty or half full, maybe if that’s aplayoff game it’s full cuz maybe there is no next week. I don’t think you can say cfl needs more revenue then go no not that way. I dunno. Again, I think you said it in another post, gotta give the changes a chance.
  4. Eli has been here 5 6 seasons. I think he is what he is at this point. Lots of us didn’t think Eli would be starting. In reality they decided kolo was the better center option than Eli. I think ppl need to accept that maybe Eli just isn’t a starting oline. Other than cuz ppl online said so, what makes you think after 5 6 seasons of backing up the worst center in the league that he’d be better than the dude he was backing up. Maybe just maybe, crazy thought, the OL coach Marty, maybe he knows why Eli isn’t starting and really hasn’t in his career. I’ll let ppl pretend they know linebackers or DBs or receivers but fans pretending to be oline gurus? Cmon man gotta draw the line somewhere.
  5. I didn’t think winter was cold. Just more snow than the last few years combined and now it’s plus 40 again June 7 making it feel tropical rain Forrest like but with tornado warnings. That seems worse than October to me.
  6. It’s scheme tho cuz we suck against the run.
  7. You know after watching mills run all over us, If dudes could tackle he’d have had less than half his run yards. Why can’t our guys tackle? They all go for the big hits it seems. If nothing else but he was, Osh wouldn’t miss tackles like that as a player. Must piss him off or maybe it’s lack of padded practices? Somethings different. Bighill didn’t miss tackles until he was cooked. Are jones and kyrie cooked? When was the last time Tony Jones made a tackle for a loss or less than 2 yard gain. ??
  8. With the bombers victory last night and the fact that I enjoy his posts, I’m officially ending the grudge against Mike I mean Booch. I think it’s the same dude cuz Mike responds to posts about Booch so prob forgot to log out ;) oops right. Anyways tho. We don’t win that game last year. And that’s a great sign of good things to come. D struggled early, o bailed them out, kept it close. D stepped up 2nd half, O did also. All 3 phases contributed and you love to see it. But hate to see Woodbey hurt like that. Any updates? And did Tony jones play? Cuz holy owned.
  9. VAJ falls to 7 and 4 against the bombers.
  10. One more thing. All 3 phases contributed in the end. D stepped up after giving up all the TDs in the first half but did allow the late TD but the O stepped up and were consistent through out, then Sergio won it. That’s a game we lose last year. 30 points and our D scored no points is crazy.
  11. Ceresna with the debut of all debuts. Didn’t like the linebackers tho. Major Williams played well. But 3 stars Ceresna Brady Zach not spectacular but nothing stupid. HH Vaval for the field position.
  12. Timmy. Nice. Bombers O looks better than last year already. D can’t stop a run or pass tho.
  13. Grade 2 roughing the passer? Yeah. That’s a head shot.
  14. If I’m Calgary I’m running at Tony Jones all night.
  15. Our D ain’t so good. We struggle against mills and VA.
  16. Taylor and brown going on about broxxton being owned. You guys saying Stan. Who was it lol. DB saying broxxton was owned by hicks. Jesus. Wide open.
  17. Booch, lighten the **** up dude. Seriously. **** is not meant to be taken overly serious it’s just odd how you can’t admit you’re wrong yet you go on about O’Shea and his stubbornness. It’s just odd but it doesn’t matter. It really doesn’t.
  18. He’s Kyle Connor’s best friend. It plays a role here. They grew up playing together. There’s a fit. He very well could be the difference. So miss 1 year is better than never making it.
  19. Sure. But Larkin has now gone public. I doubt he just says trade me to Winnipeg tho lol. That’s ridiculous. I was just saying rumors are it’s preferred or he’d waive to come here so it’s possible he has Detroit over a barrel and doesn’t want to help them and maybe after a few years of a rift with the gm, it’s reported they don’t get along it’s 1 or the other. Do I think Detroit accepts a low ball offer? No I don’t. I think Perfetti Yager 27 1st or even 26 1st rd pick swap would be minimum.
  20. I think I’m more interested in attendance in Calgary and tv ratings for this game. Cuz Hamilton was like a 10 pack in a 20 pack box of Tim bits last night. Curious how the tv ratings did. Cuz yeah not sure this starting early thing. I’ll give Hamilton an excuse and Thursday so kids have school Friday. Calgary. No excuses for a Friday.
  21. In all seriousness tho. O should be better by default. Zach still Zach tho and when you live by the gun you die by the gun. Take the good you try to limit the bad. Let Zach manage the game and try to keep him with in his kind of zone like area and not ask him to throw 40 yard passes more than a few times a game and we should be ok. This O could be a time possession type of O who eats lots of clock and it’s prob best if it were. Spread the ball around. Is it nice to score in 3 4 plays? Yup but it’s also fun to score on 8 9 10 play drives. Gives your D who was solid last year and appears improved In a few key areas including cornerback which was a revolving door last year some rest also. The O prob doesn’t need to be spectacular. Just be average or a bit better than average cuz last year we were garbage. But essentially this is pre season 3. So not to high not to low. Still not even July lol.
  22. Hot Take. Zach gets hurt. We trade for Dru after giving TE a few games where he shows potential and wins 1 loses 1 wins 1 loses 1 type thing. Dru comes in and goes on a run ala Zach where we end up winning the cup in Calgary and TE like Streveler plays a pivotal role in the finals where he hits Corcoran for the winning TD on a 3rd down gamble with seconds to go. Hotter take cuz click rage bait. All players Booch endorse eventually get cut.
  23. D was pretty solid last year. Adding Ceresna Jenkins Moxey and Williams should all improve on what was in those spots last year. The O was bad but I’m not sure how much I can judge the O based on last year, as our OC was a pretty incompetent OC. Our players were obviously not happy with the play calling and made it clear. O was bad. No pokey to even start the year. Brady hurt on series 2 maybe 1. Just based on having a dude with some aka lots of cfl coaching experience kinda coming full circle back to Winnipeg after learning the ropes and our QB kinda praising him and making it obvious he’s a big Tommy fan, surely just based on the fact we running a cfl O again means we should see improvement there. Is Zach less cooked? Prob not but I think he can Matt Nichols at this point and game manage. If Zach can limit the stupidity aka triple or double coverage throws, then the O should improve. Would like to see less fgs tho and more TDs. I’m not sure I worry about who the essentially 6th option on O is, I think pokey Demski white nield line up most plays as does Brady, 6th will be mci Cobb Clercius (when healthy) or Daniels or even Eli. Think you can keep teams guessing there a bit. I’m ok With option 6 being pretty much Canadian if it means an American is playing at a position where he’s better than the Canadian. Is Elsbury better than Eli? Time will tell but after 6 seasons of basically being the ideal backup OL, logic says probably so I’m ok with 3 us oline cuz QB staying healthy is the difference in the cfl. Honestly. I’m a Tommy fan. He’s like the teacher on family guy, Bruce. The charismatic one, you just know If Zach gets hurt he’s gonna like like ohh no. Cuz Tommy sounds exactly like Bruce I like Bruce so by default I like Tommy but I’m not sure how I feel about calling a grown married man with wife and kids Tommy, I think Tom Condell works Let’s Goooooo Younger has all the Americans it appears, that is a take for sure but a factual one posted earlier so the D better be ******* spectacular Perhaps a big year for JY ? Perhaps an important one for him and his future?? I dunno just throwing it out there Osh still has the throw younger under the bus card.
  24. Apparently he’s got a no move but rumours are not only would he waive it for the Jets, it’s believed the Jets might be his preferred destination. Him KFC are bff plus with Helle a Michigan guy also. Chevy gonna trade like a bag of pucks and our 27 1st and or Perfetti for Larkin. Big outdoors guys like KC and Helle. KC is truly his best friend. KC would be the reason he would want to come here. Thing here is Larkin could technically screw the wings and say I only want to go to Winnipeg so this could be like lambert plus heinola for Larkin.
  25. Jake Thomas should be in the cfl hall of fame.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.