Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bearpants

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bearpants

  1. I'm not on the "fire Mike O'Shea" band wagon... but if it's a "fire MOS and hire Rick Campbell" band wagon... then I might be interested... though as others have speculated... I would also guess he'll be in Edmonton next year...
  2. I quoted this to address @Bigblue204 who answered "confused" to your post... I'm not sure if you're confusion was because you don't follow the NFL format or you just disagreed with the comment... but I'll provide an explanation anyways... In the NFL they have two conferences (AFC and NFC) and each is divided into 4 geographical divisions... But the conferences - i.e. each side of the playoff bracket - are not geographical... so the NY Jets are in the AFC and the NY Giants are in the NFC... same with the LA Chargers (AFC) and LA Rams (NFC), etc... the best recent example would be New England playing NY Giants a couple times... which is basically an all-east coast match up...
  3. I agree with you... even though there's at least 3 players on the west side that are significantly better than him... reasons: 1. real lack of options... 2. team has a good record... 3. the media loves to jerk off the riders... the reality is Andrew Harris is still the best player in the league... unfortunately, people with ignorantly point to his suspension as the reason for his success...
  4. Careful.... Andrew Harris is one of the worst culprits for this... I'd like to see him tighten that thing up for sure...
  5. WSF

    bearpants replied to J5V's topic in Blue Bomber Discussion
    Maybe in the fourth quarter when they're up by 30... but I doubt they'd put any risk in this game...
  6. Sorry to start a useless thread... but it was driving be crazy seeing Zak, Zack, Zac, Zaq (ok, I made that last one up)... If he's gonna be our starting QB for one more game (or hopefully more) this season... let's at least spell his name right...
  7. I stopped watching at that point... two guys trying to make a play on the ball... there's some minor contact.... one guy flails his arms in the air... and he gets the call... I was glad when Maas challenged... I thought, this should be an easy overturned call...
  8. Chris Cuthbert mentioned on the broadcast that it is estimated he ran about 600 yards in those undocumented seasons... assuming Harris doesn't take too big of a step back in his age 33 season... He'll get that next year... the bigger question is when does Harris get to 10,000 rushing yards??
  9. 1: Zach Collaros - he wasn't perfect - far from it - but he made the plays when he had to and took some hits and kept going... 2: Andrew Harris - like Zach, no eye-popping stats... but always reliable and that 15 yard run to seal the game was vintage Harris... 3: Willie Jefferson - like my first two guys, not significant statistically... but he's constantly reeking havoc and set a new record for DL pass knock downs in a season... HH: Janarion Grant - taking that missed extra point back for the TD was a three point swing which was the difference in the final drive... and stole momentum back after the Calgary TD...
  10. Lucky for this guy that he has career prospects outside of football... he can make 2x3 times more money immediately working in a comp Sci job... however the XFL will still find many players who have nothing outside of football... this is their last chance to make it to the big show...
  11. I hate that this stat/correlation always gets brought up.... you would think "smart football people" would see they are making a reverse correlation... anyone with half a brain knows team runs more when they are winning.... the correlation is not teams run = wins... it's team is winning = they run more... "no one seems to know, right now" - Shania Twain
  12. So your hypothetical pre-game speech would be: "alright guys, in reality, we have no chance at second place enough though it is still possible. That said, we're going to treat this like a pre-season game and try out a bunch of rookies. LET'S GO OUT THERE AND WIN! WHO'S WITH ME!" You seem like an inspiring leader 😁 Also, what exactly about the roster indicates they're giving up?... the subtractions from last week are Streveler (injured), Fenner (injured) and Rios (played like hot garbage last week and people constantly complain O'Shea doesn't bench players for poor play)... Looks to me like they're just trying to win a football game...
  13. I highly doubt it... once Evans got it figured out (he was pretty bad the first few games) their offense has arguable been better than with Masoli...
  14. I've mentioned this before... but IMO the best way to "solve this problem" is award #1 and #2 to the division winners and let the rest play where they fall... So right now it's 1. Hamilton (bye) 2. Calgary (bye) 3. Sask (home) vs 6. Edmonton 4. Winnipeg (home) vs 5. Montreal Obviously we, as Bomber fans, would prefer a home game against Montreal to a road game in Sask or Calgary... if Montreal happened to win it maintains an East and West semi final... there may be some years there's an "undeserving" bye team but that's just the way it goes... the team that gets a bye still wins their game the majority of the time so you'd very likely still maintain an east vs west Grey Cup... In this example it would change to 1. Calgary (bye) 2. Ottawa (bye) 3. BC (home) vs 6. Hamilton 4. Winnipeg (home) vs 5. Edmonton I think we still would've seen a Calgary vs Ottawa grey cup that year... EDIT: I read the 3Down article and I see the author does make this suggestion
  15. The way Desjardins pooched the QB situation last year leads me to believe he'll do anything to "fix" it this off season...
  16. I get the feeling @rebusrankin was speaking a little tongue in cheek...
  17. here's the thing though... everyone realizes (including the Bomber coaching staff) that getting second place is extremely unlikely.... but it is still possible... so you want our coaching staff to just treat this game like it doesn't matter... even though second place is still a possibility.... that would be quite the loser mentality... tonight should be about 1) winning and 2) prepping for the playoffs... in that order...
  18. Knight has barely finished his first cup of coffee in the CFL and you want him to get live action already...
  19. I agree with basically everything you said here... but I'm pretty sure MBT is in his 30s...
  20. Fun fact... I met and spoke to Matt Sheridan not long after that game (as in, less than a year)... and I don't remember the specific details but he mentioned it was actually Dom Picard that f***ed up the snap that caused the fumble... so I guess considering the source, take that for what's it worth...
  21. Maybe I'm reading this wrong but isn't the first letter/number combo the LOS?... so in the three I highlighted it would be Montreal 36, 36 and 35... those are not in the red zone...
  22. I still think the chain is kinda cheesy... but this is a nice story to go behind it...
  23. would've been nice... considering we were up by 20 points after three quarters... 🤣...😫 you know I wanted to bring this up.... we know Rider fans can be insufferable... especially the keyboard warriors... but the good folks from Sask Power are in Manitoba right now helping our fine people at Manitoba Hydro to try and get this problem fixed... still thousands without power in the province and Manitoba, Sask, Ontario and Minnesota have come together to get everyone up and running again... So a big thanks to Sask Power for their help...
  24. I was happy to see Jenarion Grant get some offensive rep last weekend.... he didn't do a whole lot but when you've got a guy with that skill set... I think you gotta try and take advantage of it...
  25. I actually laughed when I saw Sask's remaining schedule... I bunch of people around here have mentioned a few times that Sask has benefited from a weak schedule but I didn't put too much thought into it... then I see they get to face Danny O'Brien and Logan Kilgore for their last three games... with a chance to lock up first.... you guys might be on to something 🤣

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.