Everything posted by bearpants
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Yeah I read up on him a bit and seems like an interesting guy... there's a lot of interesting candidates but my biggest concern would be if any are a significant upgrade... the one guy I would've wanted is off the table now
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I think he's dead... if I recall correctly, Bridget shot him and Ray took the fall.... could be misremembering...
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
How do you justify bringing Kyrie back (at 33 years old) when you have Shay, Smith, Woodbey, and Ayers all potentially on the roster... Love what Kyrie brought in his prime... he was arguably the MODP front runner in 2022 before getting hurt... and of course we'll never forget the scoop from Rose for the 2021 GC clinching int... but it's time to move on
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
The problem I have with this idea is if O'Shea is the coach... and Kyrie resigns... there's no competition... Kyrie is the starter in pen This would be my only condition for bringing back guys like Kyrie, Willie, Vaughnters, and even Neufeld... you have to earn your spot... I don't trust our coaching staff to do that
-
WSF - Calgary v Lions
BC does suck... that's a known fact... but when Sask is one of the options... it's always the other team
-
3 turds plus ch fin des emissions
There's two old adages in football that I still believe to be 100% true... defense wins championships... and you build your team from the lines out... the second one was our downfall this year... I said it earlier in the season... all else being equal behind the lines, if we could import a dominant OL and DL on this exact same team... I think we'd be hosting the WF again next week... All this is to say... that I agree we should've kept Lawler and he would've helped the offense immensely... having poor lines was our biggest downfall
-
2025 CFL (Non-Bombers) Season
Ah, you’re one of those young whipper snapper millennials 🤣… us old millennials just watch the game and go home immediately after because it’s already past our bedtime… But I do 100% agree with your point… just bugging you.
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Recent history MLBs for the Bombers... 1. Bighill 2. Simpson 3. Lobendahn 4. Henoc 5. Kyrie Wilson as a fill in 6. Jones I debated whether to put Henoc above or below Lobendahn... I'm willing to accept arguments for either way... You can rank the others wherever... probably most after Jones... unless you want to count a guy like Zeke Moreno... but I'm thinking more about the guys who played a decent amount of time
-
ESF Bombers @ Als - Early Chat
I think one of my biggest concerns is they start Demski... he's ineffective... then gets hurt again and has to leave the game in the 2nd quarter... and now we're short handed, instead just having Peterson, or someone else, in the game from the beginning... Would've loved to see a ratio change and added another American receiver... then roster one of the two new DEs.... I don't care how inexperienced they are.... throw them out there in obvious passing situations and let 'em go wild...
-
2025 CFL (Non-Bombers) Season
I'm not sure what group you fall into... but many people seem to forget how old millenials are now... majority of millenials are beyond, or pushing 40 already...
-
ESF Bombers @ Als - Early Chat
Reading this post today after reviewing the depth chart.... is disappointing how many things you got right...
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I would rank Jones below Lobendahn... but both of them WELL behind Bighill...
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
amazing what a full training camp and competent coaching will do... Let's hope we can replicate this Cdn QB success in a couple with with Elgersma...
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
my problem with Jones is that, while yes he's good... but he's not a difference maker... and the team seems content with a 30 year old, above average MLB for the foreseeable future... I'd prefer if they were constantly trying to uncover a superstar and not just settling for "good enough"...
-
ESF Bombers @ Als - Early Chat
I think we need to re-brand this game.... it's not a Bombers cross over... it's unfinished business, 2011 style... the two seasons are similar in that the Bomber will be playing through the east and an Ottawa team didn't exist...
-
ESF Bombers @ Als - Early Chat
I think our only hope might be that he's displaced Person... but I imagine we'll still see a large helping of Willie and Vaughnters... and don't forget Thomas on 90% of snaps...
-
Bombers-Als Pre Game Discussion
Griffin back would be nice... but the team will likely scratch Woodbey to make room for him... one of the few bright spots from our pitiful 24/25 offseason...
-
Riders at Bombers early chat
this past offseason was fairly disappointed at the time... and is a complete disaster in hindsight... consider the "big" moves we made: - Mitchell - couldn't crack the line up and when he has played, he's been useless outside of one play - Logan - lost his job to Vaval (though never really given much opportunity) - Jonathon Jones - released - Vaughters - been OK but nothing spectacular - Schoen - resigned at a discount only to basically ruin his career - Let Lawler walk and he's been an all-star in Hammy Faj > Kelly was more of a hypothetical... I don't expect either to be available
-
Riders at Bombers early chat
Faj > Kelly... 100% of the time for me... Faj may be a bit of a dink but at least he's a decent human being...
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I was excited about Tony Jones when he came on the scene for an injured Bighill last year... "excited" as in, this guys will be a great place holder until we find a permanent fit... I never imagined the team would view him as the permanent fit... I thought Jon Jones had a chance to be that guy.... I want a MLB that's a game changer... not just an above average place holder... It continues to concern me that we hold on to 30-something linebackers while ignoring and releasing younger players... The silver lining for me is if the plan is to start seeing more defensive reps from Shay and Smith and get more Americans on the D-line... I'm all for it...
-
2025 CFL (Non-Bombers) Season
guys, I'm pretty sure Ottawa is not going to trade all of their good players for our scraps... 🤣
-
TiCats at Bombers early chat
I'm looking forward to seeing the new field size...
-
Bombers at REDBLACKS early chat
no, it does not.... prime Willie and Jeffcoat would've feasted on that...
-
Bombers at REDBLACKS early chat
both lines... it is the absolute downfall of this team... I believe that switch came between games... though there was a rumour that move came from above... and everyone was stressing that Miller was getting too hands on with the team... maybe he needs to do that again...
-
Bombers at REDBLACKS early chat
I guess the question would be... is he not playing because they don't trust him or are they too loyal to the existing players?... if it's the former, why is he even here?... if it's the latter... that's a good way for a coach to lose his job