Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bearpants

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bearpants

  1. I mean, maybe... but I think most would agree we could use a little help on offense.. and don't need so many linebackers
  2. the fact that we have 2 American LBs for essentially only ST... is mind-boggling... keep Ball on for Hazen and dress a receiver... hell, dress Stuart for teams and add another O skill player... that seems fairly obvious to me and I don't know ****! EDIT: I see Ball is on the 6-game... so bring on Stuart and my theory still applies...
  3. to me, it's all about the line... the old adage of building from the lines out still holds true today... if you're going to be starting 3 Americans on the OL... they better be dominating... our OL has been below average... the receivers, QB, and Brady don't matter if the OL isn't holding up their end
  4. I would've kept Randolph... said to Big Stan "hey goat, you're 40 now so it's safe to assume you always have a back issue. How does 6-game/assistant OL coach sound?"... then worked Wallace or Neuf at C... started a line of Broxton-Vanterpool-Neufeld-Wallace-Randolph.... if you're gonna have a 3-american OL... they need to be dominant... I don't know if my proposed group is "dominant"... but I have a hard time believing it's worse than what we've seen
  5. I don't know anything about Jackson... I don't even remember him doing anything in the game he played (likely only played teams)... but I would've cut Moxey and started Jackson on Friday... might as well see what the young guy's got... can't get worse, right?
  6. I think the worst part is it doesn't go the other way... we're not a few plays away from being 6-2... all 4 losses were embarrassments...
  7. besides... who the hell measures area in hectares??
  8. I was in the upper deck concourse during the second half of the Calgary game having a drink and chatting... when BA walked by... I just tapped him on the should and said "we need more guys like this playing back there"... he just chuckled and said "thanks, I appreciate that"
  9. about this leadership group... Mike O'Shea used to be angry at every loss... we'd lose a pre-season game by 2 and he'd be pissed in post game... the only thing he cared about w3as winning... these last few years, seems like just doesn't seem to care anymore Kyle Walters was the underdog GM... people felt he didn't deserve the job, and once he got it, no one worked harder... he unturned every stone possible, brought in every player available to try and find more wins... now, he seems content with the average group we have Wade Miller was the ultimate underdog... he had no business on the football field, yet played 10+ years in the league... he had no business acumen, yet built one of them most successful recruiting businesses in the province... he had no football management experience, yet built the best game day experience and marketing in the league... no one used to care about this team and winning more than Miller... now, is he content with this? WTF happened??
  10. unfortunately this is just a bad football team now... there's a million examples from last night's game that could highlight that... but the one that keeps me up is the fourth quarter defensive performance... we were facing a one-dimensional team, playing their their back up RB and 3rd string QB who had clearly shown zero ability to pass the ball... basically we knew their only hope of coming back was running... and we let them run for close to 200 yards in the quarter to cruise to an easy victory... this is probably the most embarrassing loss in the Mike O'Shea era... this is the kind of loss that should lead to a full scale house cleaning this bye week... but thanks to coaching cap and "loyalty" we know that's not going to happen
  11. just because we can't change everything... doesn't mean we can't start with something
  12. I agree... which is why I suggested starting Vibert at C...
  13. You can't make dramatic, full scale changes at this time but there are some options... on D I'd bring in Texada or keep on Jackson (whoever they like better at corner) and bench Moxey... or you could play Smith full time and rotate in Shay and play Texada at corner and Jackson at S... either way I would like to see Moxey off... on O, you might as well try Vibert at C and start Singer at the 4/5 WR spot... OL has been average or worse, which is unacceptable when you're starting 3 Americans. I wish I could disagree with you... but I fully expect the same
  14. Woodbey and Vanterpool in are good... If Vanterpool is solid at RT, I have no idea how the team can justify continuing to trot out Bryant when two significantly better options exist... If Elsbury continues to be average at C and the team wants Eli for the TE role... why not play Vibert at C?... Which would open up an import spot for a receiver...
  15. you are 100% right about this
  16. I don't disagree with the first half of your statement... but the Bombers were selling over 20k even in the absolutely darkest years... I think it'll take many years of futility to see less than 15k...
  17. Thanks for the breakdown, and you chose to stay optimistic, despite what we all saw... Completely agree on Big Stan... I don't think he has many supporters left, other than the HC, OC, and OL coach... so I guess he's running out the stretch at LT... better or worse... if Pontius comes in a looks good at RT... the smart move would be to continue playing him there, put Broxton at LT and scratch Stan... but we all know that's not happening... As for Nichols... if this was a 1 game issue, I wouldn't be concerned... but to my eyes, it's been a 7 game issue... either he's injured, or he's cooked... either way, he needs to be sat... exactly the same thing applies to Moxey too... why can't we have good a DL and good DBs in the same season?!
  18. and the team is still happy!
  19. so you're saying Cline will be here any day now...
  20. agreed on Griffin, no complaints about him... I was more focusing on the 4 "traditional" cover roles in my analysis
  21. sometimes getting a DUI may be the best thing to happen to someone... may have prevented a future tragedy like the Dalke situation this is the part that really sticks out to me... because the RCMP report said he was going north in the southbound lane... if he was going from Leduc to Regina (or Lumsden to Regina) he should be travelling south, yet he went north... I'm not one to jump to conclusions but it sure seems like there may have something else going on that would make him go the completely wrong direction...
  22. My biggest concern is that we are going to bring Hallett on the field in our two safety sets... if we really need a second Canadian in the back 8, it better be Kelly and Smith with Jackson playing the second safety role... I don't know anything about Jackson but I'll trust @wbbfan and @Booch 's analysis on him... My overall concerns with the team still remain... Defense: On on the back end of the D, Holm is basically the only reliable player... Williams has been ok but is prone to mistakes... Moxey doesn't look like the answer at corner... and despite is all-star pedigree, Nichols has gone from stud to liability real quick this year... Offense: the OL has had their ups and downs... hopefully we see an up game against Calgary's strong DL... we desperately need a playmaker at receiver... Wilson and White are both solid, but neither is a game changer... if had a true #1 with Wilson, White, and Demski as the secondary options, this O would be absolutely humming... not sure where this magical stud WR is coming from... but one can wish!
  23. I think an even better, current, example is VA... he's absolutely torching the league right now... on pace for over 5000 yards, 51 TD, and ZERO picks... but the team is 2-4, so who cares?... meanwhile Fajardo has nice passing yards but only on pace for a 27-12 TD-INT ratio... but the team is 5-1, so they're very happy
  24. it seems like he saves his brilliant coaching days exclusively for Grey Cups against the Bombers...
  25. amazing what another actual threat on the line will do for Willie...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.