Everything posted by the watcher
-
Canadian Politics
I'm really curious to see the next provincial poll . The Pcs numbers were in freefall in the last one and it seems to me they have really crashed and burned since. I imagine they will leave the next election as long as they can. So another 2 and a half years ? You can stir up alot of **** in 2 1/2 years. Or tear down alot of **** might be more accurate.
-
Canadian Politics
It's not just a PC thing. Chretien 2 million to his buddy to open a golf course. And others. And Trudeau the 1st was probably the King of patronage payments especially as he left office.
-
Covid-19
I'm glad they have opened it enough to see some family outdoors. I'll take it.
-
Covid-19
One rule that pissed alot of people ( you can substitute the word ME there ) off previously was the patio rule. It was OK to go to a restaurant or bar patio and visit but not your own patio. So a public patio where people drink ( and we all know how booze and following rules go ) is safe but seeing families and close friends safely ,outdoors at home wasn't. It made no sense.
-
Covid-19
The Delta variant is definitely a scary one. Now combine that with what I am seeing recently and it's even more concerning. What I am seeing is that people who have tried to follow the rules, understand the dangers, wear masks, want to be part of the solution , are reaching the end of their rope. So many people , including family members have said to me " enough ", I've had it ", " I need to see my family", " I can't take it ". I am seeing REAL anger at those who won't vaccinate or wear masks. Some real hard F them attitudes. This is probably why I was real happy to see some movement to vaccination passports. I think the Gov. has to be real careful here. I don't advocate for opening things to wide open but I think they need to make some movement. And for heavens sake , don't prioritise business in that movement. Make it family or close friends. I think we ( I include myself ) need more social interaction or there is a danger in losing the crowd so to speak.
-
Covid-19
I think that as time passes it would be used more and more. Maybe for sporting events, festivals, concerts.....
-
Canadian Politics
I guess there was still a couple of people who weren't pissed off at Palister and company yet. This should cover it.
-
US Politics
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/05/american-democracy-threat-republicans-donald-trump-voter-suppression A good article on the precipice upon which America sits.
-
Covid-19
I have a year old grandchild that my wife and I have never held. Sucks bug time. The Incas had rules where if a common person stole they were punished but if a elite class ( read leader ) stole they were executed. They were expected to be above that as a leader. Made sense didn't it.
-
Covid-19
Ever wonder how many pet/ livestock owning antivaxers vaccinate their animals ? If any are in the hog industry and tied to the big companies they would be required to vaccinate their animals. YES ! Forced to do it . lol.
-
Canadian Politics
Yes, it might just all come down to money. I have no idea if the United and Anglicans made financial reparations or what else they did .I just know they apologised and admitted their part in it.
-
Canadian Politics
I agree.
-
Canadian Politics
Which is fine. All this started with my thought that perhaps instead wiping out traces of things done wrong that we turn them into education opportunities. This isn't a wild idea and has been done in other parts of the world I other circumstances.
-
Canadian Politics
As I said leave it up to indigenous people.
-
Canadian Politics
It seems all my life every government of every stripe and level promises to adress and fix this but it just never happens. It must be sickening as a indigenous person.
-
Canadian Politics
I know both the United Church and the Anglican Church have apologised for their part. I don't know what other steps they have taken. I have no idea why the Catholic Church wouldn't at least do the same.
-
Canadian Politics
I will use McDonald as an example. So a statue of him with a plaque in front, written by indigenous people describing what he did, how it impacted them and how it's legacy still impacts them still would not be celebrating him. It would flip the story. It would serve as a reminder of what happened and possibly educate those who just don't get it . Ripping it down may feel good but serves no purpose on changing peoples minds or teaching them about what happened. Basicly the same idea as what you see in the museum of Human Rights but not within its walls where some never venture.
-
Canadian Politics
Of course not. Did you actually read and think about what I said ? Apparently not. 1: I said it should be up to the people that have suffered 2: I said it shouldn't be forgotten that we as a society took part in this and allowed it 3 : I said I think it served as a better purpose to educate people on what happened than ignore our history
-
Round 2 - Game 1 : Montreal
They won't be close to the team or coaches. 500 vaccinated people in a arena that holds over 15,000 has very, very low risk. About as low as anything you could normally do. I think it's frigging great and a classy thing for the Jets to do. It's also uplifting at least to me to see just a tiny bit of a return to normalcy. And I'm thrilled to see those who have been exposed for a year and a half get honored like this.
-
Canadian Politics
Ive often thought that it would be far more effective to put a plaque in front of the statues describing the true nature of the person or whatever nefarious deeds they commited. If the statue is removed ,yes they are forgotten but so is our societies part in their crimes. The crime itself is forgotten. On the other hand I also think the decision should be left to those who were wronged.
-
US Politics
I personally think it's to late. The only thing chance they have left them out of this spiral to oblivion is their judicial branch. But I dont think it happens.This isn't something that has just happened lately. The US has always had an over the top patriotic zeal. The large well armed hard right and religious right believe their country has been corrupted and stolen from them. They want it back. Now the problem is the country they want back has never existed. It's non stop brainwashing. They are the only country where you hear on a regular basis the following : " they are the greatest country in the history of the world " , "that they police the world and without them all democracy would fall ", they were the 1st democracy " , "the greatest democracy " , " they drive the world economy ", " they have never lost a war ", " the greatest medical system "............I could go on .But the point is Americans believe this BS. That portion of their population feels cheated and robbed of it and they are going to try to get it back. Which of course is impossible but they will burn down the house trying.
-
Covid-19
Right on ! 2nd shot booked for June 25
-
Covid-19
Excuse my ignorance, what does WAM stand for ?
-
Covid-19
So in 2011 the population of 0 to 14 year olds was % 19. Just on a guess, let's say %15 of Manitobans are under 12. That reduces the vaccine eligible population to %85. So to get to %75 vaccinated we can only lose another %10 to the anti vax morons. Yikes ! Do my ponderings make sense ? UNLESS when we are told it needs to be over %70 they are referring to people eligible for vaccine. Are they looking for volunteers to go scoop him up. 🙋♂️
-
Covid-19
I am rather concerned that we are starting the 2nd round of vaccinations yet we are just over %60 getting 1 shot. So are we seriously saying close to %40 of Manitobans are not getting the shot ? Is there something I'm missing here ? Does that % 40 include ineligible kids and if so I wonder what percentage of people eligible for the shot have had their 1st ? I don't think I've ever heard that clarified.