Everything posted by the watcher
-
Covid-19
We had the time to convert existing vaccine facilities( yes they do exist ) or build new ones ( like the UK ) and to develop our own vaccine.( like the UK ) . Your lack of ability to lay this at the feet of our current federal government is amazing.. Their decision to snuggle up in bed with China is what doomed it. Then their slow response after that plan totally collapsed accentuated the problem. NONE of that was Harper's fault. I will give the Feds credit for doing a good job at getting money out and doing a it quickly. They did it well. On vaccines they did not. Its just a fact. Blaming it on previous regimes is just politicizing the issue.
-
Covid-19
So you are saying that BC is handling this better ? I have children in BC, my wife has family in BC. They aren't doing things any better than Alberta or Ontario and not as well as Manitoba. It's just that it's the entitled youth there instead of the religious right in Manitoba. It's not a political party thing. It's people in power terrified of losing power. So terrified they will risk lives instead of upsetting their base. I'm not happy with our current PC leader in MB but our current federal PM. absolutly botched the vaccines and their procurement.The left blaming the right is just as bad as the right blaming the left. This should have nothing to do with politics.
-
2021 (??) CFL Season
Governments have the right to order you to go to France Live in a trench up to your knees in fetid water, surrounded by dead comrades and horses and crawling with millions of rats while constantly being pounded by artillery . Then climb out of that muck hole and run straight at a machine gun. But apparently in the mind of some they can't make you wear a mask or get a little prick in the arm. My great uncle that died like that, and my other great uncle that lived like that at 14 years old would have something to say to them. As would my uncle who burned to death in a bomber 25 years later. Yet we have all these people who think wearing a mask to to big of a sacrifice to make. It makes me sick.
-
US Politics
The comparison to pre- war Germany gets scarier all the time. The Germans weren't an evil people. They were going through hard times in the depression . People were desperate for answers and solutions . They were given a target, some people to blame it on. They were promised jobs and a return of their national pride. At first some restrictions on the people causing problems for their society seemed reasonable . Bit by bit the horrors that followed became the normal. At some point previously reasonable people looked down the barrel of a gun at a 5 year old child.......and squeezed the trigger. I have studied enough history to know it can happen again. The world worries me now.
-
US Politics
I'm not always the biggest fan of MSNBC as they certainly head into most stories with a predetermined opinion BUT the last 5 minutes of this are just crazy.
-
Covid-19
I swear to God Winkler MB did mass labotamies lately. If it isn't the center for a new wave of variant in Manitoba I will be shocked. I needed to service some of my equipment so I went into a local dealer/ parts place. I go by the secretary - No mask. Go over to the parts counters. 3 parts men - No masks. I glance over at the service desk, 2 guys there - No masks. I'm in there for about 15 or 20 minutes getting things and about 6 other customers come and go - 1mask. Apparently they have just brushed off the entire pandemic. I just don't get it. I really don't.
-
Covid-19
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/21/system-has-collapsed-india-descent-into-covid-hell How bad it can/ could get. It should be a reminder for all governments to stay on top and ahead of it.
-
Covid-19
Hmmm. Desicions ,decisions. A zit or a slow lonely death on a ventilator. Hmm. Decisions decisions....... The worst is every idiotic nonmasking ,conspiracy believing mouthpiece will use him as proof. Fire him and yank his licence I say.
-
Travis Rudolph / ALM / BLM
Minneapolis has been trying to revamp its Police force for years. The last 3 mayors have tried. There is a huge issue with the head of the police union blocking changes. He is a big MAGA supporter and more. Their Blue Wall starts there.
-
Travis Rudolph / ALM / BLM
The one thing you NEVER see in any of these videos is ANY attempt by the police do descalate or calm things down. It should be there 1st response. Or at least I think so. Back to the farm lessons lol , If you have wild horse or cow you don't start screaming at it and grabbing it. You talk quietly and calmly to bring it's level down.
-
Travis Rudolph / ALM / BLM
I think their issues rest on both training and the vetting process ( or lack of it ) in their hiring process. It also goes hand in hand with the race/ political issues. As I said the biggest problem is I bet he suffers no consequences for the punches. It wouldn't happen if he knew he would be fired over it. There is no accountability.
-
Travis Rudolph / ALM / BLM
The thing is that cop who gives him those unnecessary shots will remain on the job. At best be scolded not to do that. Next time he overreacts he may have his gun in hand. A part of what seems to be missing in their training is it is part of their job to NOT react.To NOT get drawn in .
-
Covid-19
Ontario is sure going into a hard lockdown. Some people are questioning the power they have given the police to enforce it but their hospital situation is desperate. I just wish that were stopping traffic going out as well as in. There's no way Manitoba dodges this. Get ready. By the way I read about a variant of the Brazilian variant that has shown up in Brazil. The big noticble difference is it also seems to be hitting children as well. Its also hits mildly to start then after 10 or 12 days hits very hard. Sorry I have no link as I can't remember where I read it. Maybe the Guardian.
-
US Politics
Yes, a while back I just quit watching the news . I guess I was full of the insanity and had to let it settle.
-
US Politics
About the middle you will find Fauci responding to Tucker Carlson's suggestion that the vaccines don't work. Pure frigging insanity. You would think that with the American propensity to sue Carlson would be in court. They are all nuts.
-
Covid-19
I phoned on Wednesday April 7 , the day I was eligible at 63 and was booked for Sunday April 11. Maybd its a rural / city thing ?
-
Travis Rudolph / ALM / BLM
I think it's really tough for us to understand what it is like to a black person in the US. Do we have racism in Canada? Of course we do. But people of colour here don't live in terror of having their children pulled over. Milt Stegal's comments a while back made me really think . He said they weren't worried at all about their driving aged kid driving recklessly, drinking and driving, speeding.........All they concentrated on was what to do when you are stopped by the police. They live in fear of it. I dont think we CAN understand it., I dont think we CAN understand what it is like to see what has been going on time after time to people with your skin colour. When you look at their crime rates it's pretty obvious that throwing people in jail for extremely long periods doesn't work. 200, million adults in the USA and 2.3 million are in jail. And that rate is increasing. The majority are people of colour. So if jailing as many as you can ,for as long as you can doesn't solve anything doesn't it make sense to work on the social issues that lead to crime ? No one is saying people shouldn't be put in jail but we / they really need to look to other solutions. We are seeing other countries in the world that are trying to deal with drug issues in other ways from decrimilisation to making them legal. Poverty breeds crime in my opinion. It raises children who are angry, desperate, and hopeless to lead the lives that many of us have been privileged to have access to. I'm just an old farmer but my life has taught me that when something isn't working, find a different way to fix it or do it.
-
Travis Rudolph / ALM / BLM
Good suggestions. I think the UBI is still important. As robotics / AI and Mega corparations continue to advance the world has 2 choices, more people on sub human wages or UBI that is paid for by a tax system that is truly equitable. I just don't know how we can make it happen ( the 2nd choice )
-
Covid-19
No but they got a big thank you from me lol
-
Covid-19
Arrived at Morden Super site for 5:40 appointment.Came in at 5:25 .Needled and Done and waiting the 15 minutes by 5:45. It can't get much better than that.
-
Covid-19
So in all likelihood the difference between the %14 reported by the U of S and Kives%18 is the lower amount probably doesn't include the ones by indigenous communities. OR the U of S didn't have today's numbers although it said was reporting as of Friday at noon
-
Covid-19
From what I can glean from "Covid Tracker Canada " a U of S project, we( MB ) are a shade under %14 vaccinated. Alberta a bit over %14. BC + Ontario a bit over% 17. Quebec over% 20 .Nova Scotia is under %11. What I'm not sure about is if those numbers include our indigenous communities and if all provinces report that the same.
-
2021 (??) CFL Season
From what I can glean from "Covid Tracker Canada " a U of S project, we( MB ) are a shade under %14 vaccinated. Alberta a bit over %14. BC + Ontario a bit over% 17. Quebec over% 20 .Nova Scotia is under %11. What I'm not sure about is if those numbers include our indigenous communities and if all provinces report that the same. Well crap! Wrong discussion !
-
Covid-19
The big problem I see out here in the sticks is that the anti-maskers have been emboldened. Buisnesses aren't enforcing their policies partly because of a lack of support from city/town councils and therefore local police as well. They are all, afraid of upsetting the fundamentalist church crowd. When the 3rd wave hits it will come from the Southern part of the province. My shot on Sunday can't come soon enough.
-
2021 (??) CFL Season
That's friggen hilarious. Made my day.