Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kelownabomberfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kelownabomberfan

  1. Crosby practices with Team Canada, could play in gold med...Captain missed semifinal win Friday with lower-body injury; Morrissey ruled outLooks like Morrissey is out. Man I hope he's not injured too badly.
  2. I grew up watching curling in the 80's - lots of spice back then, but of course they were usually drunk by the 6th end. Eddie Werenich - the Wrench!! Al "(The Ice man) Hackner. Eddie Lukowich. The good old days. I don't believe that curling was an Olympic sport back then, as we would have dominated that era for sure.
  3. That was a curling slugfest. Nail-biter for sure! Good to see Canada prevail.
  4. Well the women almost pulled off the hockey upset. Too bad they couldn't have potted an empty netter and sealed the deal. I don't get it? Keenan from SNL? What?
  5. Kyle Connor has fallen out of favor with the United States once again Can we keep the politics out of these discussions please? Thanks.
  6. Robert Duvall, 'The Godfather' actor, dead at 95 Lonesome Dove still a classic!
  7. Sounds like Josh may be back soon.
  8. If Vince Leah had never been born we wouldn't be the "Blue Bombers" (a play on the name of the Brown Bomber Joe Louis who was a dominant boxer in the 1930's). Who knows what we'd be named instead if Vince Leah hadn't given us our name. The Winnipeg Catfish? The Winnipeg Buffaloes? I read the Vince Leah book in 1980 - it was on sale at the general store in Victoria Beach - I saw it and went nuts as I wanted it so bad - and as we were season ticket holders at the time, my dad bought it for me. I was enraptured in the history as I read it. At that time the Bombers were at 50 years in the CFL.
  9. Sorry to hear that 2025 was a slog for you Johnzo. Hope 2026 is much better in every way, you deserve it! 👍
  10. not sure what's wrong with being a capitalist? Sure beats being a freedom-hating communist, that's for sure. Anyway, I do agree with you - I hope the Commish continues to promote the game in Ontario. We need the Argos unfortunately.
  11. We should definitely meet up for a beer Al! Will see about also getting tickets. The Apple Bowl is kind of a joke but I guess it will have to do. Not sure about TSN being able to put cameras in that dump either. Oh well.
  12. time to begin the thawing of Jamie Stoddard!!
  13. James Van Der Beek, ‘Dawson’s Creek’ star, dies at 48
  14. He's signing somewhere, just not Toronto.
  15. yup forgot about them. My bad.
  16. Last checked in to this thread in early December, saw that the number one topic was Jake Thomas. Now I come back end of January....looks like I didn't miss anything...lol...
  17. It was a "brief illness" - there's a really virulent flu strain going around this year that's been taking down a lot of elderly people I know. No one has died from it but they've had to be hospitalized.
  18. I've read a John Candy biography and watched two different documentaries. His family had a history of heart disease, and he was a smoker, heavy drinker who was morbidly obese. He wasn't going to make it much past 43. She was a main character on the show "The Studio" on Apple TV with fellow Canadian Seth Rogan. They were just starting production on Season 2 so this is probably going to cause a lot of issues as she would have had a part in every script.
  19. Catherine O’Hara, Canadian actor and 'Schitt’s Creek' star, dead at 71 This just plain sucks. She was so amazing. First Joe Flaherty, now her. We're down to just Martin Short, Andrea Martin and Eugene Levy from SCTV still with us. Good to see Andrea Martin working with Martin Short in "Only Murders in the Building".
  20. Is it just me or does Chris Cuthbert sound sad when the Jets score against the Leafs? Meanwhile, he's jumping out of his seat when the Leafs score. I assume this will never change, ever.
  21. I bet he performs well if the coaches butter him up.
  22. Let's go!! Time for the comeback.
  23. Don't call it a comeback!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.