Everything posted by Tony Fresco
-
Around The NHL 2020/21
So last night, Patrick Marleau ties Mr Hockey's record for games played (1767). I'll just leave this little interesting tidbit to wrap your head around ....
-
Game 26 : @ Toronto
I just don't agree with that statement. Jets are 5-1-1 in OT this year, and are one of the most dynamic 3-on-3 teams in the format.
-
Around The NHL 2020/21
I just hope they don't go after Pascal Vincent. I'd like him to get a shot here once Maurice eventually wears out his welcome (not that I'm advocating for it now, just that it is inevitable in their profession). #hiredtobefired
-
Random News Items
I know of two people locally who had issues with their engines. A coworker’s Kia caught fire while he was driving home. Pulled over and within 30 minutes the car was a burnt shell.
-
Game 12 : @ Flames
Don't mind that if the Dubois line is in fact"2nd"; except I might swap Appleton and Lewis.
-
Covid-19
Not sure if this has been shared on here before or not but it was circulating at work. The concept of the Swiss Cheese model. Masks are one layer of defense. They alone will not protect someone, but the more layers of defense that are followed, the more someone is protected.
-
Around The NHL 2020/21
Former Jet Eric Comrie with the victory for the Devils today. Nice to see him have some personal success after getting bounced around the last 2 years.
-
Random Jets News
Emotionally this may feel like the Selanne trade, but the return here is a legit 1B centre, not some prospects and pixie dust in Kilger and Tverdovsky. Selanne ended up in the HOF. We will see where Mr. Laine ends up. As was said earlier, not likely Columbus.
-
Random Jets News
That's three guys who wanted out and Rolso is not a top player at that. Wheeler, Scheifele Connor, Morrissey, Wheeler, Hellebuyck, Byfuglien, Little have all signed long term deals. JCon beat me to it. But every team will have some guys who are not happy with their situation. Grass isn't always greener.
-
Random Jets News
3rd for Roslo / Laine for Dubois if you break it down. Was hoping a 2nd for Roslo, but meh. Wasn't progressing with us. C always carry more value than W in real life (vs fantasy) but I do think we should have got a higher pick or a prospect than we ended up with. Neither team was in a great bargaining position.
-
Random Jets News
Laine is best player in deal, but I think this makes us a stonger team. Plus I think Perfetti is better suited for the wing than center.
-
Random Jets News
Dubois' Dad is a coach on the Moose. Chevy would have inside track
-
Random Jets News
I heard that they waived Nedeljkovic and were worried they would lose him, so picked up Forsberg as contingency depth.
-
Random Jets News
Has to stay on the main roster or be waived to get on the taxi squad. If he clears waivers, then he become waiver exempt for 30 days. https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/01/winnipeg-jets-claim-anton-forsberg.html
-
Random Jets News
Jets would only get $1.075 Million of cap relief if he clears.
-
Random Jets News
Many guys slated for the taxi squad will get waived across the league during camp when risk of claim is low. If they clear, they would not have to clear waivers again for the first 30 days of the season and could be used off the taxi squad.
-
2020-21 NFL Discussion Thread
Chris “Strafalski” getting some love south of the border.
-
The RIP 2020 Thread
- Around The NHL 2020/21
- The Trade Thread
These Trade tree videos are always fascinating to me! Love them.- The Lafreniere Draft Lottery
I would be hesitant on Lapierre at #10. (I'm not comfortable with his 3 concussions already).- Qualifier : Game 4
I should add, with the cap staying flat, Chevy needs to weaponize our cap space. This will be Chevy’s biggest offseason test as a GM. Not just drafting and developing anymore, he needs to mould this team into a contender utilizing the assets they have.- Qualifier : Game 4
The Jets are not in a complete rebuild. The have one of the top 3 goalies in the league, elite Top 6 talent on the wings and a point per Game Center all under the age of 27 (except for the Captain). They have Buff’s ( and possibly Little’s) cap space and they now have a shot at the #1 pick. They also have some quality prospects on the back end coming in Samberg and Heinola plus Niku might make a nice adder in a trade. They legitimately need a 2C and a top 4 defender (with some size) and can use the cap space and perhaps the depth on W to address. If they happen to win the lottery, landing Lafreniere (you either trade the pick or move another LW to bolster the roster) enhances that. While they are not a legit cup contender today, there are still too many quality pieces for a complete rebuild. Moving one of the wingers might shakeup the chemistry too.- Around The NHL 2019/2020
His AAV is $5.3 million I believe.- Least favourite non-Bomber
The Davis Sanchez penalties and ensuing kickoff are at the 3:35 mark of the video. Good memory @Eternal optimist - Around The NHL 2020/21