Everything posted by voodoochylde
-
Rams headed back to LA
No, they would still have to build a stadium but if I remember correctly, the $1.1B dollar proposal is being put forth by local governments (municipal / state) and they seem committed to trying to make it work. The move would require Kroenke to obtain approval from 3/4 of the leagues owners .. something I'm not sure he can get .. the Chargers / Raiders bid (at least on the surface) appears more likely to be approved. Just my sense of things.
-
Rams headed back to LA
Yeah. All three teams filed for relocation on Monday (first day they were eligible) .. I think only St. Louis has a realistic stadium proposal that might allow them to keep the team there.
-
Nichols signs 1 year deal with Bombers
Happy to see Walters locking down a serviceable backup and a guy who has won a few games in the CFL.
-
Bilukidi to Skins
I agree with this .. to a point. While I've said all along that I don't expect either Bilukidi or Mulumba to be in Blue and Gold anytime soon (and had zero expectation we would seem them this year), I am interested in keeping tabs on both players because they are assets which could be used to better this club (whether we choose to retain their rights, trade them etc).
-
Site Upgrade
Just noticed that now .. easily looped in my twitter account as well. Thanks Rich.
-
NI talent?
I also see / feel this underlying current and expectation that Walters SHOULD make this happen and if it doesn't, it will be another black mark against him. I just try to keep things in perspective and I know that dynamics and individuals are different.
-
NI talent?
I'm not suggesting he will be in the NFL .. rather .. I'm not certain he has interest in playing in the CFL. From my point of view .. IF he commits to the Bombers for the coming season, it will be a welcome surprise and be a boon to our DL. I'm not holding my breath and expecting it will happen.
-
NI talent?
I'll be shocked if we see Mulumba or Bilukidi here this year to be honest. They are names I wouldn't count on for camp.
-
Mike O'Shea on #QandView
This is a funny parallel to draw (and I've actually had similar thoughts myself). Rivera had a lot of the same tendencies that O'Shea has had early in his coaching career. Very conservative. Going with "the numbers" as opposed to taking risks and being aggressive. It was only two or three games into his third season when rumors began swirling his firing was imminent (to be fair, there WERE discussions about his release following his second year but I think, from a personnel standpoint, the organization had actually begun to feel out replacements). Then a light came on. They started being more aggressive, taking calculated risks. And the team responded .. it didn't hurt that Newton also began to evolve as a quarterback .. but the team responded .. much the same way O'Shea's team responded once we stopped playing "by the numbers" .. risks on ST proved successful but I think he also needs to be less conservative overall .. let the team develop confidence .. play fast and loose .. This is a game you play to win .. not to "not lose".
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
They were talking about this yesterday. I believe he was being considered as a Receiver's position coach.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Receiver's coach.
-
Site Upgrade
I haven't noticed the issue myself (using Chrome in the office) but that doesn't mean that it's NOT happening.
-
Site Upgrade
Just to add to this, we have been reinvesting basically everything into the site, the fans and the members here. We value you guys and what you've contributed to make this site what it is .. this is, more or less, a break even proposition.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
In nine days on the job, Jones has been many things; ruthless, quick, smart, and dare I say flawless. - @jamienye #CFL #Riders *barf* Really .. how much can someone **** up in 9 days on the job?
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
such an *******... Clearly not worried about his lack of insight or understanding of given subject #opticsbedamned
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
And the purge begins in Riderland (not a lot of surprises) .. nternational running back Anthony Allen International safety Tyron Brackenridge International defensive back Weldon Brown International defensive back Marshay Green International defensive back Macho Harris National linebacker Nathan Kanya National defensive back Hugo Lopez International defensive back Terrell Maze National fullback Scott McHenry International defensive back Junior Mertile National linebacker Kyle Norris International receiver Jamel Richardson International defensive lineman Cameron Sheffield International quarterback Blake Sims International receiver Taj Smith International running back Chad Spann International defensive back Alex Suber International defensive lineman Derek Walker National linebacker Ryan Wellman
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
@PentonKirk #Bombers have signed import DB Kevin Fogg.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Companies ruined. Lawsuits still to be resolved. Value-engineering to important features like the veil. Unanticipated costs like the new roof for the arena. This all sounds familiar. First Winnipeg, then Hamilton, now Ottawa. I wonder if Regina will escape unscathed once the new stadium is complete? Probably not .. we just won't hear about it .. The Riders can do no wrong don't you know.
-
New CFL / Teams website.
Unfortunately, the logo SHOULD be able to stand on it's own .. if it needs context in order to be relevant .. it kind of misses from a branding perspective.
-
Bombers sign Int LB
I can't this douchebag .. I've never seen anything positive come from him. It's one thing to be critical when it's deserved .. but finding negativity in EVERY little thing the organization does it just too much. It's like someone in the organization kicked his dog, slept with his wife .. pissed in his cornflakes all in the same day. It's relevant because Knox was suspended for PEDs in the NFL. Not suggesting the PED use isn't relevant .. but it's the constant digs and framing any / all news in a negative light .. there's a way to report things without simply coming across as a petulant ****. Case in point .. Bauming reports the exact same signing .. reported the news .. didn't make a dig at the player in the process.
-
Bombers sign Int LB
I can't this douchebag .. I've never seen anything positive come from him. It's one thing to be critical when it's deserved .. but finding negativity in EVERY little thing the organization does it just too much. It's like someone in the organization kicked his dog, slept with his wife .. pissed in his cornflakes all in the same day.
-
LaPolice new Bombers OC
It's not a stretch to say that one wouldn't affect the other, now would it? Wouldn't affect play design as much as the order of the reads and the decisions of the QB pre-snap. That was Marcel's MO though, he'd put together some absolutely fantastic games but he just couldn't do it with any consistency, he is the good hank, bad hank of OC's. This. Game planning from week to week was so hit and miss .. just wildly so. He criminally under utilized Marshall last season in favour of guys like Walker .. it was hard to watch.
-
LaPolice new Bombers OC
It's not a stretch to say that one wouldn't affect the other, now would it? Wouldn't affect play design as much as the order of the reads and the decisions of the QB pre-snap. You're still talking theory about play design.I want to know if anyone saw shorter, same depth route runs, as in what actually was run during the games, not how it theoretically should be. You saw all kind of routes when Willy was playing, but less so after he was out. Based on 10 games I would assume. Did anybody else notice route running? The answer to your question is yes, there were instances (multiple instances) where receivers were running routes to the same depth .. where receivers were in the same vicinity .. where there was nobody to drive a defender off to clear up the underneath route. Whether that's the play design or the receivers running poor routes .. I'll leave that to others to speculate on .. it did occur. I'm not the only one who noticed this.
-
Bombers Under Investigation for 50-50 Fiasco
The former prize wasn't unclaimed .. if I remember correctly, the original winner wasn't eligible to participate in the draw .. therefore the pot was carried over.
-
LaPolice new Bombers OC
I don't think I would suggest that yet. There's little proof in his capabilities so far that I would suggest he's ready to lead a team, or even think that he'd be successful with a different team in an OC role. It's the same appeal that O'Shea had when he was being considered for a HC position .. hot new commodity .. largely unproven but CFL people are excited about his prospects.