Everything posted by voodoochylde
-
NFL officiating
I'm good. Thanks for looking out for me though.
-
NFL officiating
No thank YOU for the laugh, if you actually think the CFL has been rigged for financial or other reasons. Reading Comp 101 my good friend .. I never suggested *I* thought that CFL games have been rigged .. fixed .. or otherwise unduly influenced. I was just pointing out that fans, the league over, have made the assertion at times. But what I think you're getting at is the 'Dean Blandino Incident' with him being on the Cowboy's Party Bus with Stephen Jones .. the perception of impropriety .. and how the league, the Cowboys, and Blandino himself have turned down any request for comment. Hey, if I was a fan of the Lions .. a member of that organization .. or involved with ANY team in the NFL and saw that .. I can't say I'd be too impressed .. I might be a bit pissed .. especially given how the use of replay is increasing and it's a centralized function .. when owner's invest 100s of millions of dollars a year on a team and fight for the slightest edge .. things like this erode confidence .. moreso when an overturned call can mean the difference between making the playoffs and a top 10 draft pick.
-
NFL officiating
You're right. I won't be complaining about it any more. Some NFL fans think the game was rigged. I don't think we've ever had to wonder about that after a CFL game. First day back into the office after nearly three weeks off .. was kind of dragging .. needed a good laugh .. thanks for that. In all seriousness though CFL officiating is far and away more inconsistent than any NFL game. It's to the point that players don't know what to expect within an individual game; PI is called so inconsistently .. even the criteria for calling PI on review was "up for interpretation" from week to week .. game to game .. and IN a game itself .. .. and yes .. there have been countless threads .. countless cries that CFL games have been rigged. But let's be honest, any league .. any sport .. will have it's share of officiating gaffes. Until such time officiating a contest is no longer a "people driven process" .. it will be prone to human error. With respect to the Dallas / Detroit game yesterday .. it was a brutal pick up. I'm not sure if it's a case of these crews not working together normally and there isn't that intrinsic trust factor .. but that was PI plain and simple .. any time a receiver is coming back toward a ball, there's contact and a defender ISN'T attempting to play the ball .. it's always going to be called PI.
-
Marc Trestman fired
It's not true at all. Virginia McCaskey has been very hands off since the late 90s .. her son George is running things for the clan .. but it's true that she's "pissed off" about the decline of the Bears over the last number of years and pushed this change. The big problem right now is the lack of football knowledge at Hallas Hall .. Phillips is little better than a trained accountant and is just as culpable in the steady decline of the Bears as any of Emery, Trestman, Smith or Angelo .. hopefully the McCaskey's bring in some football people .. people with a bit of fire and passion .. people who can instill the notion that when a team plays Chicago .. they're going to have to go through hell ..
-
Hall most likely to be new DC (Now Official)
Not an inspiring choice .. safe .. unspectacular .. My preference would have been Benevides ..
-
Burris restructures contract with REDBLACKS
They have solid Canadian talent on the offensive and defensive lines to build around, and some good young Americans on the defence. I still think they can win some games with Burris, if they can find some receivers and a solid running back. Those really are their biggest weaknesses. Wouldn't surprise me to see them make a jump to 6-12 or even 8-10 territory with some good work this offseason. Agreed. If their offense showed any kind of conistency or competence this season .. they'd have been in a lot more games .. their defense, under Nelson, performed well for the most part.
-
Marc Trestman fired
was the DC for Ditka they were at each other's throats for most f the season. Actually had to be physically separated during a game as they nearly came to blows .. was during their only loss of the 85 season.
-
Marc Trestman fired
Buddy Ryan was the defensive coordinator for the Bears between 78 and 85 .. created the 46 and was the guy behind the record setting 85 Bears defense .. Rex .. not sure if he wants to get involved with another coach killing quaterback .. for all the tools that Cutler has physically .. the guy is a petulant whiny puss .. actually .. reminds me a lot of Burris in that when he's on .. he can be great .. but when he's bad .. he's god awful ..
-
Christmas Wishes to All
Merry Christmas all.
-
Richie Hall won't be back as Riders DC but is offered a role...
The thing I find funny about this is that Chamblin came out and said that he was often making defensive play calls last season including all the defensive play calls during the Western semifinal in Edmonton. So if he was the guy calling the shots, it's looking more and more like Hall is simply a scapegoat. Also, in knowing that, I'm not sure how attractive that situation might be to a guy like Benevides. Food for thought at any rate.
-
Richie Hall won't be back as Riders DC but is offered a role...
Imagine the reaction around here if we demoted a coach citing differences in football philosophies but then offered to give him a secondary role within the staff?
-
Maurice Leggett signs contract extension
There's absolutely no redeeming quality to those jersey's at all .. To each their own... I think they that they are soo odd that they are cool.. Like a hairless cat or a white albino rat lol I'll clarify .. I don't mind digital camo .. I think there are a tonne of examples out there that I could pull that would be infinitely better than what the Bombers got this season .. ours .. terribly done .. top to bottom ..
-
Richie Hall won't be back as Riders DC but is offered a role...
Find it funny that Chamblin cited a difference in philosophies with Hall as a reason for being terminated .. yet they are keeping him around in some capacity .. I just can't see how this would lead to anything but dysfunction within that organization ..
-
Maurice Leggett signs contract extension
There's absolutely no redeeming quality to those jersey's at all ..
-
Michael Sam Possibly Playing for Als Next Season
Guys, please do not let this degenerate into pettiness .. this has been an otherwise interesting conversation and I'd hate to have to intervene in the ongoing discussion.
-
Michael Sam Possibly Playing for Als Next Season
You may not like his humor .. but that dude is one self depricating son of a *****. Pretentious? Not in the least.
-
George Cortez won't be back with Riders in 2015
Pretty sure it's Gary Oldman .. /innocent look
-
Grey Cup 2014
So true. The official saw the offence, right in front of him……he doesn't know how the play will turn out, one way or another, nor should that matter. If the glove fits, situation warrants a penalty, it's simple….call it. I absolutely *HATE* the hockey mentality of "let players play". If you don't want a penalty called, don't do something stupid to begin with. In this case, if you can see the numbers on the back of a players jersey .. keep your hands off of him.
-
Something that really grinds my gears
I want a thumper at MLB .. a guy in the Elimimian mold .. need to set the tone right down the middle of the field ..
-
Something that really grinds my gears
Wasn't he released to pursue an NFL opportunity? (just vaguely remember the name .. wasn't he a late PR addition?)
-
Michael Sam Possibly Playing for Als Next Season
No one has to "support a gay lifstyle"- all people have to do is treat them the same as everyone else with the same rights and priviledges. Sexuality is not a digital either "perfectly straight" or "totally gay" choice. Sexuality is an analog thing along a sliding scale and homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom as well. I have seen a few examples of homosexuality in animals, but only when the other option wasn't available. I have also seen bulls and boars beat each other into a bloody pulp. At any rate, I don't think comparisons to the animal kingdom help homosexual rights very much. For example, many male mammals and birds do nothing to help raise their offspring. Do we then use that example to defend deadbeat dads? As my last comment on this- homosexual behaviour in animals (including primates) is not contingent on a lack of choice of partners- it appears to be innate. If you think that being gay is a matter of choice, ask yourself: when was the time when you found yourself equally attracted to both genders but made a conscious decision to go one way or another? Do you know how hard it is working down the hall from Voodoo? The sexual tension is CRAZY! But I chose not to cheat on my wife. But I can still check out his hot ass whenever I walk behind him. MEEOW! *RAWR*
-
Game systems
Any verdict on which next gen console is the one to have? I've been an XBOX guy since they've come out .. so I'm leaning toward the ONE .. that said .. anyone have any experience with the PS4 / ONE and what their preference is?
-
Which Player To Get Stitched On New Bombers Jersey
In this day and age .. players don't usually stay long enough with a team for fans to really feel a connection to them .. so I definitely agree with what you're saying. My last jersey was Muamba .. (was a toss up between that and Stegall when I was getting it done) and I wish I'd gone Stegall because I don't think we see Henoc in Blue and Gold again.
-
Demski too good to pass up?
This team needs non imports who can step in and make an impact immediately. Best player available.
-
Mike Gibson
Which is why I find it absolutely laughable that people might suggest O'Shea's job might have been in jeopardy as well .. A coach needs more than one year to put his stamp on a team .. unless you completely poop the bed right out of the gate .. one (or less than one) and done is setting yourself up to become a circus.