Everything posted by Deiter Fan
-
Bombers @ Birds: ESF GDT
He operates like he's a subscriber to the "feelings over facts" ideology that seems to have infected every aspect of society
-
ESF Bombers @ Als - Early Chat
Like butter tarts and rice krispy squares?? 🤞
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Do they make studded tires for the rascal he'll be riding during those early autumn snow falls?
-
Stamps at Als / Argos at Lions GDTs
Bell owns a bunch of channels on which they could advertise/promote the CFL. Wouldn't cost them a cent. I've never seen a CFL ad on any other channel than TSN. Granted I don't find much to watch on CTV and they have many CTV affiliates so maybe some ads appear on them, I don't know. That's not counting all the radio stations Actually that company should be broken up into a 100 pieces. That kind of monopoly isn't conducive to innovation
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Ron had a better haircut
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
^^^^^^^^^ This guy gets it. Obviously the on-field product needs to be worth paying for along with the entire game day experience. The former is obviously trickier. The latter can be taught by those that seem to have mastered it *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*....but the majority of fans view most of their games on a screen. As someone that has extensive experience with broadcasting and promotions don't ever discount the power of a good promotion. In radio we didn't have the benefit of visuals...or the ability to advertise on competing stations like TV can do with other channels. When's the last time, if ever, have you seen an add for the CFL on a channel other than TSN? How many channels does Bell control? Frankly it comes off like TSN/Bell doesn't really give a dump about the league.
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I tried to corner him on his hypocrisy regarding the benefits of criticizing the league but the cruelty of criticizing TSN. I didn't get a response. The truth is that TSN really is awful. From their graphics and promotion to their pre/post-game/half-time packages/crew. Absolute bush league. At a point in time when kids can construct wild visuals using AI on their PCs the level of effort TSN puts into the CFL is actually embarrassing. Snappy visuals and well constructed promotions only take you so far. You still need a quality product...but I think we have that (the steak). We really need some sizzle.
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I think they'd get farther ahead with younger fans with a fancy pre-game hype package, souped up graphics, non-lame pre-game/half-time hosts and some insight into the game. Kids hearing stuff like WIL and SAM and all the other playcall terminology they don't understand is not ingratiating. When I was a kid we had Howie Meeker and Peter Puck teaching us about the intricacies of hockey. NOBODY does that for football for kids. I'm not suggesting something as dated as that...but update it with someone actually charismatic with modern graphics and teach them. TSN is so incredibly awful. The fact is we have the steak...what we're missing is the sizzle.
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
We should consider ourselves lucky...he wanted the ability to raise ticket prices in the middle of games.
-
Bombers at REDBLACKS early chat
- Bombers at REDBLACKS early chat
You convert VHS copies of The Rockford Files to DVD???- Bombers at REDBLACKS early chat
True...but they are also the cause of endless misunderstandings and arguments in a world that increasingly relies on texting/emails and has increasingly lost the ability to accurately express itself with words.- Bombers at REDBLACKS early chat
Things like grammar, punctuation, sentence structure are the difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack-off a horse- Bombers at REDBLACKS early chat
There's a saying in business - "The people who create a problem are rarely the ones best suited to fix it" Albert Einstein - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." I'm grateful to be incredibly regular. Healthy bowel movement every single morning at 7:05. Unfortunately I don't wake up til 7:30- Bombers at REDBLACKS early chat
While screaming in your face- 3 turds pls ch The strevolution will not be televised
I should have asked them. I went there this morning after I took out some cash from the ATM machine- 3 turds pls ch The strevolution will not be televised
Not to belabour the point but cooperation is literally a synonym of collaboration- 3 turds pls ch The strevolution will not be televised
Is it even possible to have a collaboration without cooperation?- 3 turds pls ch The strevolution will not be televised
It is but if I corrected him I wouldn't have been able to use the quote. The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit - W. Somerset Maugham- 3 turds pls ch The strevolution will not be televised
I don't know what his stats are but Demski continues to impress/produce- 3 turds pls ch The strevolution will not be televised
If only that were possible All sex is commerce. If you don’t know that you’re just being billed indirectly.- 3 turds pls ch The strevolution will not be televised
Money for nuthin' ?- 3 turds pls ch The strevolution will not be televised
Oh I know. It's not like some magical coaching is gonna give him the gift or reading defences or improve the amount of time it takes him to process that info and turn him into a franchise #1. But...with the right coach I could see him improving his mechanics, even at his age. He's the kinda guy that would/could commit to putting in the work to make the change...and wind up as a serviceable backup somewhere. If I'm not mistaken it's been mentioned here more than once that The Blue aren't really known for finding and developing QBs- 3 turds pls ch The strevolution will not be televised
Just having a guy like that on the sideline as a #3, firing guys up would be beneficial- 3 turds pls ch The strevolution will not be televised
Wouldn't that be a boot in the berries - Bombers at REDBLACKS early chat