Everything posted by Colin Unger
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
Streveler the Competitor!
-
Training Camp 2018
Where do you think the rumbling originated from?
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
http://3downnation.com/2018/06/07/dominque-davis-looks-just-fine-redblacks-pre-season-win-argos/ Personally, I wouldn't be relieved just yet if I was a Redblacks fan. Dom Davis has proven to be able to read defense well enough when they are running vanilla pre-season schemes however when the lights come up he really starts to look unsure of himself. Considering me skeptical.
-
Training Camp 2018
It was a real relief to hear that Matt Nichols is only going to be out for 4 to 6 weeks. However, had we not all been led to believe that there was a good chance of a torn ACL this would have been considered bad news. Is it just me or were we played a little bit? Logically speaking it would make sense for the bombers to kind of leak out a doomsday scenario which they did through various sources. As a result everyone including the players seems to be in an optimistic spirit even though he's out for 4 to 6 weeks. Thoughts?
-
Training Camp 2018
I agree with you.. Its highly unlikely Streveler starts game 1 of the regular season. If Ross is just awful again and Streveler shines again I think there's a chance it could go that way but still unlikely. Just don't see them throwing a rookie out of college out there in game one. Might be better to play him as the short yardage qb and if Ross struggles bring him in in relief a couple of games and then start him in game 3. It would be a lot to just throw a college qb in there in game 1 of the regular season without having even played a snap of pro football.
-
TSN introduces streaming service for CFL games.
Please tell me there’s an app coming to PlayStation ect
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
I dealt with a similar "character" on Facebook. I don't believe it. If Nichols was out for the year I think they'd be more open to Darian Durant or trading for a vet. Secondly, if he was out for the year and had surgery I think it would get leaked out pretty quickly. I just don't believe O'Shea would be involved in a lie like this. If they were going to lie about the degree of his injury I think that they would do it to take pressure off their young quarterbacks and to not look as desperate in trade negotiations. I just don't see how it would affect ticket sales. If the team is really struggling without Nichols eventually ticket sales will dwindle until he actually steps onto the practice field and is named the starter that week.
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
In all fairness.. He was accurately reported what others were also hearing out of bomber camp at the time. And 4-6 weeks is still not the best.
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
The thing is that Nichols was doing exactly what he was asked to do. Protect the football, manage games, get wins. He was treated very unfairly.
-
Training Camp 2018
I would imagine that at this point we will stay with what we've got at QB. If none of our guys show anything while Nichols it out and then maybe make a trade with a healthy Nichols rather then trading out of desperation.
-
Training Camp 2018
Sara Orlesky has just tweeted that Mike O'Shea expects it to be 4 weeks but he will go on the 6 game injured list just in case but they can always pull him off early.
-
Training Camp 2018
Yeah i agree.. I was just commenting on how the poster had said at least 4-6 weeks. I'm not sure who had said "at least".,
-
Training Camp 2018
The nice thing is we only play Edmonton once and zero games against Sask and Calgary during his absence. We gotta win against Montreal, Hamilton once, and BC once and we will be ok.
-
Training Camp 2018
Said whom?
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
The one nice thing if its a 6-8 week thing is that the bombers have a weak schedule in the first half of the season. A lot of the key west division matchups are in the 2nd half.
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
If they aren't in on Adams than that must be good news on the Nichols front??
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
http://3downnation.com/2018/06/07/june-jones-says-ticats-qb-vernon-adams-will-traded-today/ Can't see how this isn't to Winnipeg but article says Montreal or Edmonton. If it is Edmonton then I don't really get it? Are they planning to trade Glenn to Winnipeg?
-
[MERGED] WPG vs. BC - Battles to Watch
Doesn’t make much sense to me given the circumstances. We should be trying to protect our new starting qb and giving him time to get on the same page with starting offense.
-
Will Streveler Be Our James Franklin?
Depends on the severity. No matter who we bring in I’m expecting they won’t start until maybe the Hamilton game. Good thing we have Montreal in week 2. Should be able to split the first two games with whomever.
-
Training Camp 2018
I wouldn’t give up Goosen or Chung for him strait up lol. You don’t trade for a qb that a team has under contract and wants to keep.
-
Training Camp 2018
Well.. if Hodge is right and the injury to Nichols is bad the team will save a lot of cap space.
-
Training Camp 2018
My memory of the Achilles was on a play where he was trying to be a fullback.. Could be wrong though.
-
Training Camp 2018
On the plus side.. Faith Ekakatie's cap hit is no longer a concern.
-
Training Camp 2018
We don't!
-
Training Camp 2018
He only threw 5 picks and 15 touchdowns last season. He didn't look sharp in the first pre-season game but that's a small sample size.