bob wylie interview (more friendly then the last)

wbbfan

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/wylie-trying-to-work-his-magic-387662101.html

A great read. I think it points to a few things. The problems on offense arent 1 dimensional. Every one is sucking a bit. Save for maybe andrew harris. I think he's right and that personnel isnt our biggest issue. Makes me wonder if some of our guerrillas on the line just arent picking it up quick enough. Chung has had some bad plays, as they all have. But he and bryant have also had the most big plays for OL. As goossen matures and gets better with communication and switches i think we will see  a great improvement on the line. 

Dave ritchie used to talk about new guys and changes needing time to gel, even though he was the most vet friendly coach in eons around here. Time and experience together may be what this team needs. Or maybe a shake up. Either way great read and a flicker of hope remains for improvement moving forward. 

I suspect that they are just too dumb on the inside. Lots of problems knowing who to pick up. Perhaps it's a simple as Goosen not being cagey enough to call the blocking correctly? They do show flashes of being capable, but when assignments are missed the inconsistency leads to bad things, especially with a qb who has PTSD about getting hit. 

33 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I suspect that they are just too dumb on the inside. Lots of problems knowing who to pick up. Perhaps it's a simple as Goosen not being cagey enough to call the blocking correctly? They do show flashes of being capable, but when assignments are missed the inconsistency leads to bad things, especially with a qb who has PTSD about getting hit. 

Could be. The flashes theyve shown though especially in the one win gives me hope. Maybe long term goosen is a guard not a centre. I think a healthy keeping would make a big impact for us. 

1 hour ago, tracker said:

It concerns me that apparently the O-line was back to practicing blocking drills- something they ought to have picked up in training camp. Obviously they need the practice but why do they not know something so basic yet?

Logically, the only thing I can think of is if it is an attempt to build confidence and possibly cohesiveness within the O-line as a whole? I agree though that it does seem odd.

3 hours ago, tracker said:

It concerns me that apparently the O-line was back to practicing blocking drills- something they ought to have picked up in training camp. Obviously they need the practice but why do they not know something so basic yet?

Often times old school coaches with go back to basics like this with an under achieving group. Not to mention 3 of our ol are pretty wet behind the ears in the cfl.