Rewatched the first half of the LDC tonight...

Here were my observations:

1. Goltz had an impressive half and was 9/9 at one point and ended the half with 4 drops I believe and only one was really his fault.
  2. Aaron Kelly is a keeper!  He made some nice plays in the half and reminds me a bit like Edwards.
  3. Glad to have Watson back.
  4. Has Jade dropped a ball yet this season?!?
  5. The Miller hit on Jade was dirty and hope he gets fined for it.
  6. Dwight Anderson is still a douch bag.
  7. The 3 reversal play was a great play!  MB is starting to put his stamp on things.
  8. Suber needs to pack his bags as does Cauchy.  These two lost this game for us IMO.
  9. What was the big deal with Goltz mocking sheets?  It didn't seem like a big deal.
  10. Glad I turned it off when I did..

Here were my observations:

1. Goltz had an impressive half and was 9/9 at one point and ended the half with 4 drops I believe and only one was really his fault.
  2. Aaron Kelly is a keeper!  He made some nice plays in the half and reminds me a bit like Edwards.
  3. Glad to have Watson back.
  4. Has Jade dropped a ball yet this season?!?
  5. The Miller hit on Jade was dirty and hope he gets fined for it.
  6. Dwight Anderson is still a douch bag.
  7. The 3 reversal play was a great play!  MB is starting to put his stamp on things.
  8. Suber needs to pack his bags as does Cauchy.  These two lost this game for us IMO.
  9. What was the big deal with Goltz mocking sheets?  It didn't seem like a big deal.
  10. Glad I turned it off when I did..

I just watched the second half for the first time. Jovon has really lost a step. Taj smith made him look like he was standing still several times. JJ just could not keep up. 

Umm yeah, Jovon has lost step basically since the start of last year, by now he's probably lost several steps. He used to be a darn good returner, but now he's useless at that. Well, the same time he became useless at returner he because a pitiful DB, both were due to the same reason, he's slow as molases now and nowhere near the calibre of a CFL DB. Not sure if his MODP award got to his head and he quit training as hard or what, but someting went seriously wrong with him. Seemed like he played his best ball when he was also on that Arena team in the offseason, probably forced him to stay in shape. He has been by far our worst DB, Suber would be next up, but at least he can stay with his man. Having said that, what good is staying with your man if you can't even make a competent effort to get yoru hand on the ball, so as far as Suber is concerned randomly flailing your arms and not looking back to the ball just doesn't cut it.

Goltz and company made some plays but our offence couldn't sustain drives without major penalty help from the Roughriders.  The only reason we led at the half was because Jade Etienne nearly got beheaded and Dwight Anderson has self-control issues.

What's with this team's second half woes?  Goltz and Hall -- hell, even Buck -- have had decent first halves and then crapped the bed in the third quarter.

Goltz and company made some plays but our offence couldn't sustain drives without major penalty help from the Roughriders.  The only reason we led at the half was because Jade Etienne nearly got beheaded and Dwight Anderson has self-control issues.

What's with this team's second half woes?  Goltz and Hall -- hell, even Buck -- have had decent first halves and then crapped the bed in the third quarter.

No adjustments. other teams change things around. And for some reason we can't. As Marcel gets deeper into the playbook each week I think that'll change. On defense. Ugh, that's ugly. Creehan is just terrible. And our secondary can't cover even though we have over 30 sacks.

During the first half, TSN showed how one enters the Taylor Field press box; they showed Duane Forde walking up the stairs in the stands, same as the fans use, and then climbing in through the window.

I missed that (darn family wants me to actually be with them at half-time  ;) ). That's too funny. 

Sask attacked the middle of the field in the second half, lots of crossers and drag routes. This has actually been happening all year once teams realize how vulnerable we are in the middle. Not sure what the problem is and why the coaches haven't fixed this yet if it's just alignment issues, probably why they have started bringing in replacement players.

Sask attacked the middle of the field in the second half, lots of crossers and drag routes. This has actually been happening all year once teams realize how vulnerable we are in the middle. Not sure what the problem is and why the coaches haven't fixed this yet if it's just alignment issues, probably why they have started bringing in replacement players.

If you run misdirection/crossing plays on Cauchy he WAS getting himself out of position and not providing over the top/inside support where required... They've fixed that by beating him over the head with playing back so hard that now those crossers aren't ever a risk for the safety to come down and pick off.

Also the big thing that killed us was a couple of long bombs where we had guys in position on D and who just didn't make the play (especially just before the half)

If you run misdirection/crossing plays on Cauchy he WAS getting himself out of position and not providing over the top/inside support where required... They've fixed that by beating him over the head with playing back so hard that now those crossers aren't ever a risk for the safety to come down and pick off.

Also the big thing that killed us was a couple of long bombs where we had guys in position on D and who just didn't make the play (especially just before the half)

Cauchy has been out of position on many occasions this season, but in your description, the safety wouldn't be the one to pick off a crossing route like that even if he was in position.

Cauchy has been out of position on many occasions this season, but in your description, the safety wouldn't be the one to pick off a crossing route like that even if he was in position.

I was thinking about the safety on those plays too but wasn't sure, seems to me that a LB'er would need to be the one to drop back, show blitz but then drop back into that area, would be an easy pick if the QB doesn't see him or at least light up the receiver.

I'm thinking of inside post routes aren't I... didn't watch the game (radio) - were they beating us that often on those 10 yarders?

There was a couple times I thought from the stands that on the read option that Goltz should of pulled the ball out and ran. Was left with half the field open and could of waltz for a 20-20 yard game. I guess with more experience he will be able to make that read.

Bang on. Safety is not responsible for crossing routes, and considering they were right over the middle, that falls right on Henoc, unless they had him spying Durant, which it didn't seem like they did.

My thoughts exactly, the middle of the field is LB'er territory, either the MAC or WIL have to light people up for going across it. There is no excuse for both to be getting pulled out of there, something is just wrong with their reads. Creehan being a former LB'er coach should correct this after the first time it happens.