Game 80 : Jets @ Duck, You Sucker!

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

So, the Jets, once again have a chance to win 3 in a row.  Anyone want to bet they do it now, at the end of the season, when it's the last thing we want?

So you want them to be like the oilers and have a culture of losing and be ok with it? These wins are huge for the young guys... Where they end up is irrelevant in the big picture, I know people get all caught up with the Matthews hype but reality is he'd be our 3rd line center next season behind Scheif and Little, we are stacked at forward prospects, we really don't need another one lol, it doesn't hurt but it's not a priority, what we really need are D prospects and more specific, LHD prospects. 

Jets will end up picking where they do, who knows, maybe it's first, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th,9th... There is really nothing anyone can do about where they finish, I'll take the team who doesn't stop trying because they are eliminated over teams who do. 

Helle, their best goalie, sent to the AHL

Myers and Enstrom shut down and having surgery

Little out,Perreault out... 

Yet this team isn't giving up. I'm sorry but haven't they already won 2 games in a row? They beat Minny in our last home game and now beat Anaheim, That's 2 in a row. 3 would be SJ which seems doubtful, i think they lose to SJ and beat LA tho. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I know Jarvenpaa wore #13 as well but I can only find pictures of him wearing #23.

145.jpg

Rare Hannu Jarvenpaa Video Alert!!!

Those moves, that shot, what a legend ...

http://curtiswalker.com/jets/jarvenpaa.aspx

The Legend of Hannu Jarvenpaa

In the 1986 Entry Draft, the Jets had the 71st overall selection and took right winger Hannu Jarvenpaa out of Finland. Though he only played three uneventful seasons for the Jets, scoring only 11 goals in 114 regular-season games, his tenure as a Jet started in a manner which gave fans hope he might have a much larger impact than he eventually did.

On September 19, 1986, Jarvenpaa made his debut as a Jet in an exhibition game against the Minnesota North Stars. The game was the first on the Jets exhibition schedule and coming into the game, little was expected from the soft-spoken 23-year-old Jarvenpaa, who was making his North American debut.

What followed made Jarvenpaa somewhat of a folk hero and left Jets fans with a lasting impression that those in attendance will always remember him by. The Jets won the game 7-4, but Jarvenpaa scored the first, second, fifth and sixth goals. It was the first time he had ever scored four goals in a game, but managed to on this night, with the help of linemates Thomas Steen and Gilles Hamel. All four goals came in heavy traffic around the North Stars net, which prompted not just one, but two standing ovations from the crowd, who obviously liked what they saw and the legend was born. Jarvenpaa also put a big check on Dino Ciccarelli in the first period, and for his efforts, was named first star of the game.

His legendary status among long-time Jets fans grew from the ashes with lightning-quick speed and many fans to this day still remember the "Hannu Jarvenpaa Game." His one night of fame gave him as much notoriety as any Jet of his time and those in attendance that night won't soon forget the first impression he left.

Edited by IC Khari

21 hours ago, Goalie said:

So you want them to be like the oilers and have a culture of losing and be ok with it? These wins are huge for the young guys... Where they end up is irrelevant in the big picture, I know people get all caught up with the Matthews hype but reality is he'd be our 3rd line center next season behind Scheif and Little, we are stacked at forward prospects, we really don't need another one lol, it doesn't hurt but it's not a priority, what we really need are D prospects and more specific, LHD prospects. 

Jets will end up picking where they do, who knows, maybe it's first, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th,9th... There is really nothing anyone can do about where they finish, I'll take the team who doesn't stop trying because they are eliminated over teams who do. 

Helle, their best goalie, sent to the AHL

Myers and Enstrom shut down and having surgery

Little out,Perreault out... 

Yet this team isn't giving up. I'm sorry but haven't they already won 2 games in a row? They beat Minny in our last home game and now beat Anaheim, That's 2 in a row. 3 would be SJ which seems doubtful, i think they lose to SJ and beat LA tho. 

Chill.  It was kind of a tongue in cheek comment,  based on the majority of fans wanting the Jets to tank the season and improve their odds in the draft lottery.  I actually appreciate the effort the team is showing most nights.

And yes, I'm aware they have won 2 in a row... That's why I made the comment about potentially winning 3 in a row, for the first time this season.

19 minutes ago, Blueballz said:

At this point...somewhat happy to see no quit in some guys

yeah with nothing to play for other than spots on next year's team, the young guys are really in there busting their butts and putting in the work.  It makes you wonder if we had started the year with this line-up. ;)