Game 78 : Blackhawks @ The Hindenburg

Winnipeg's prized hockey team is threatened with sabotage, so captain-in-waiting Blake Wheeler is charged with protecting the franchise. As the team's plane lifts off for a journey to the United States, Wheeler investigates the passengers, looking for a potential tanker. Could it be pro-expansion owner Mark Chipman, suspicious goaltender Ondrej Pavelec, shifty general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff or even the coach, Paul Maurice?

Game time Friday 7PM

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Thank god for pavelec. We score 4. He gives up 5. 814 save percentage. 

Stuart was just awful also. Good god he's gotten just terrible.  The rest of the team was very good. Petan Copp Armia were very good. Ehlers off a bit... must be the cage visor. Scheif and Wheeler dominated. 

Melchiori reminds me of a young Mark Stuart. Not good enough. 

Hopefully we sit Hali soon so Tanev can play. Don't see the point in playing Hali or Thorburn actually right now.  Give the kids a chance. 

Jets should have got 2 points ... Pav made sure they only got 1. 

I'll say it once again. I like armia but there is no way he's top 6 on this team right now. He needs to put up points. He's not doing that eventho ya he got an assist tonight. He's a good bottom 6 player Who would look good on the 3rd line with either Lowry or petan at center and either Perreault or maybe even Connor on the left side 

Connor Lowry Armia 

Connor a good player but Perreault is our 2nd line LW for sure to start 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Thank god for pavelec. We score 4. He gives up 5. 814 save percentage. 

Stuart was just awful also. Good god he's gotten just terrible.  The rest of the team was very good. Petan Copp Armia were very good. Ehlers off a bit... must be the cage visor. Scheif and Wheeler dominated. 

Melchiori reminds me of a young Mark Stuart. Not good enough. 

Hopefully we sit Hali soon so Tanev can play. Don't see the point in playing Hali or Thorburn actually right now.  Give the kids a chance. 

Jets should have got 2 points ... Pav made sure they only got 1. 

I'll say it once again. I like armia but there is no way he's top 6 on this team right now. He needs to put up points. He's not doing that eventho ya he got an assist tonight. He's a good bottom 6 player Who would look good on the 3rd line with either Lowry or petan at center and either Perreault or maybe even Connor on the left side 

Connor Lowry Armia 

Connor a good player but Perreault is our 2nd line LW for sure to start 

Rather see Petan or Perreault or even Burmi playing between those two.

You have to give Armia more time on the ice than what he is getting.

Stuart is ALWAYS awful...................where are those people that were sticking up for him mid-way through the season when I was saying how bad he is?

Is it the same people who think pav needs to be given more time to show what he can do? Cuz if so. Why bother lol. 5 6 seasons is long enough. Petan Copp Armia were very good as a line. It's smart playing them together. They compliment each other nicely.  

Burmi and stafford can both go in my opinion. Sorry but 10 good games out of 70 something ain't good enough. 

Stuart has regressed badly. He's not good and wouldn't surprise me to see him buried  in the A next season. 

Edited by Goalie

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Cheering on a team that's won 3 in 6? Time to pass the butter to someone else.

nope never gonna happen, I didnt get on the bandwagon recently so I aint getting off.  though while I get why so many ppl are recently on the bandwagon here in wpg now - 3 cups in 6 years,  toews, keith, formerly sharp connections.  I cheered them on through some pretty lousy years too like most of the 2000's

I'd be somewhat concerned if I'm the Hawks right now. With average goaltending last night a 1 line team would have beaten them easily. That's concerning for sure for the Hawks.

Pav is 0 5 3 vs Chicago with a 4.45 GAA or higher and and under 900 save percentage. Makes you wonder why he played. Only reason is because Maurice etc were trying to lose. 

Jets Go nowhere with pav on the roster... even as a backup. Need to move on. He's the biggest problem with this team by far. Stu Is a close second but only plays 10 12 minutes a Night now it seems. Thorburn is a problem also but I'm OK with him as a 4th liner or 13th forward 

Edited by Goalie

Stu played just under 20 minutes last night. He also has a year longer on his contract so I would rather see him gone before Pavs.........

Just wondering what 1 line team is? Didn't understand.

Edited by Ducky

You guys complaining about Pavelec. Just be glad he's not Jonas Hiller. Living in Calgary, I've seen this goalie ass clown play way too much. Spends 90% of the game on his knees. Against Anaheim on Wednesday, he was pulled with the game barely 6 1/2 minutes old when he let in 3 goals on 5 shots. Two while on his knees & the puck went high (because he was on his knees) glove side into the net on both shots. The third while flopping on his stomach like a seal on the beach. By far Hiller is the worst goaltender in the NHL. Going into the Anaheim he had a save percentage of .887 &  he allows over 4.00 a game. Hiller makes $4 million a season which is unbelievable.

Edited by iso_55

10 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

You guys complaining about Pavelec. Just be glad he's not Jonas Hiller. Living in Calgary, I've seen this goalie ass clown play way too much. Spends 90% of the game on his knees. Against Anaheim on Wednesday, he was pulled with the game barely 6 1/2 minutes old when he let in 3 goals on 5 shots. Two while on his knees & the puck went high (because he was on his knees) glove side into the net on both shots. The third while flopping on his stomach like a seal on the beach. By far Hiller is the worst goaltender in the NHL. Going into the Anaheim he had a save percentage of .887 &  he allows over 4.00 a game. Hiller makes $4 million a season which is unbelievable.

There were people here, who shall remain unnamed, who wanted us to buy out Pavelec and give Hiller the big contract when he was a free agent.  Yikes!

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

There were people here, who shall remain unnamed, who wanted us to buy out Pavelec and give Hiller the big contract when he was a free agent.  Yikes!

Well, they should have the courage to come out of the woodwork & fess up. Hiller is just a brutal goalie. No one wants the guy back. That performance in Anaheim sealed the deal in Flames fans eyes here. I'm not a Flames fan but even I was appalled just how badly he performed. Fans in Calgary hope he's played his last game as a Flame. But Hartley loves the guy so maybe he'll suit up again, who knows?

20 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Well, they should have the courage to come out of the woodwork & fess up. Hiller is just a brutal goalie. No one wants the guy back. That performance in Anaheim sealed the deal in Flames fans eyes here. I'm not a Flames fan but even I was appalled just how badly he performed. Fans in Calgary hope he's played his last game as a Flame. But Hartley loves the guy so maybe he'll suit up again, who knows?

Hiller 34 and is UFA probably wont be back, actually all Calgary goalie's are UFA/RFA , i see Calgary going after James Reimer as there starter next year, resign Ortio as his backup.

The problem is we (Jets) don't have that number one goalie who can carry a team & give you 60 plus games. We need to find that goaltender. Look at Montreal without Carey Price. Talk about tanking... Once he was out their season was over.

Edited by iso_55

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Hiller 34 and is UFA probably wont be back, actually all Calgary goalie's are UFA/RFA , i see Calgary going after James Reimer as there starter next year, resign Ortio as his backup.

Ramo was playing well before he got hurt. So maybe Ramo would back up whoever they sign. To me, Ramo is a better goaltender than Ortio.

8 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Ramo was playing well before he got hurt. So maybe Ramo would back up whoever they sign. To me, Ramo is a better goaltender than Ortio.

Ramo is for sure a better goalie but it comes down to age and money for a backup Ramo is 29 and had a cap hit of close to 4 mil. Ortio is 24 and his cap hit was under 1 mil, if you pay Reimer big money to be your starter then you need a cheap option as your back up.