Wrestling

Rich

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I think ppl are tired of lesnar. German suplex x 10 every match and nothing else. Reigns isn't great either and its quite obvious the Reigns experiment has failed. 

I think it’s more about roman. If you do that exact same match with Bryan instead of Roman the crowd is going insane. 

Plus if you do the match with brock as a face they are more into it.  But they tried desperately to turn brock heel so you end up just creating an audience that doesn’t care.  

Some robots Vince and brock got into it last night.  No details confirmed but the rumours are Vince was irate during the match and throwing things around. Or it was brock who was irate and as soon as he came through the curtain he began giving it to Vince and might have tossed the belt at him. 

It fits too well the worked shoot they tried to tell so who knows. I could see brock being hot about the apathy of the crowd though. But if the end result is brock doesn’t drop the belt and it’s not a work then boy are they dumb. 

AOP 

Adam Jose and the JoseBuds 

Lashley 

Joe 

Jeff 

All debut and return tonight. 

Lesnar and Heyman have signed new deals with WWE. 

Also announced next week is the 2 day superstar shakeup. 

Angle tells Zayn and Owens TNA is signing people. Lol. 

Nicholas vacates title due to the fact hes in the 4th grade. 

Edited by Goalie

Brock’s deal is short term but it’s not out there how long it is. There were certain obligations with wwe til August so I’d guess it’s til then or just through the Saudi show and raw maybe. Who knows.

it includes the ability to do ufc so he could sign wirh them as well and enter his USADA testing. 

The altercation after WM included brock throwing the belt at Vince or against a wall near Vince and Shane jumped in and wanted to fight Brock. So...Shane’s a nut. 

Since no one knew about brock winning and it involves Vince and Heyman you have to consider it all being a work (it was surely taped as it happened right in the Gorilla Position. 

Interesting stuff.  

I do know they wanted Lashley to work with Brock so it could be brock drops to Roman and then puts over Lashley on his way out. But regardless I’m not convinced brock wants to fight but ufc needs him and will throw a lot of money at him. Either way it’s a short window and he would be back to wwe. If he even goes. 

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

AOP 

Adam Jose and the JoseBuds 

Lashley 

Joe 

Jeff 

All debut and return tonight. 

Lesnar and Heyman have signed new deals with WWE. 

Also announced next week is the 2 day superstar shakeup. 

Angle tells Zayn and Owens TNA is signing people. Lol. 

Nicholas vacates title due to the fact hes in the 4th grade. 

And ember moon. 

Almost too many debuts.  Joe’s was the best. He’s killer. Forget Roman. Push joe and Jeff and Lashley. 

No Way Jose is awful.  He'll be a joke for a year then disappear.

Huge fan of Ember Moon.  She should be in contention for the RAW women's title right away.

With Balor, Miz, Rollins and potentially Jeff Hardy now involved in the IC title feud, that title may carry the most prestige in WWE right now.  That feud is hot, hot, hot.

They need to push Roman to the sidelines for a bit.  He needs to disappear for awhile.  His reputation is just too broken.  Put Lashley, Joe, Lesnar, and Braun together in some sort of 4-way feud for the Universal Title.  $$$.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

No Way Jose is awful.  He'll be a joke for a year then disappear.

Huge fan of Ember Moon.  She should be in contention for the RAW women's title right away.

With Balor, Miz, Rollins and potentially Jeff Hardy now involved in the IC title feud, that title may carry the most prestige in WWE right now.  That feud is hot, hot, hot.

They need to push Roman to the sidelines for a bit.  He needs to disappear for awhile.  His reputation is just too broken.  Put Lashley, Joe, Lesnar, and Braun together in some sort of 4-way feud for the Universal Title.  $$$.

I feel the same about Jose but there are some acts that have more value on the house shows which are more family/kids driven.  He'll be big on the house shows and then he has to get some TV time to support that.

Lashley/Brock sounds 1000 times more intriguing than Brock/Roman again.

Chris Jericho is confirmed for the Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia.  Should be an interesting show, with the 50 man rumble, Cena vs Hunter, Brock vs Roman in the cage.  And of course, no women (Stephanie's Women's Evolution hasnt made it to the Middle East yet I guess).

It's April 27th and will be shown live on the Network beginning at 10am. 

The one thing I'll say about Jose... Everyone thought Elias was a joke also. 

Also, not everyone needs to be a main eventer.. You need solid opening and mid card acts... I feel Jose can get over based on the fact he legit looks like hes having a damn good time. Its little things like that. 

28 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The one thing I'll say about Jose... Everyone thought Elias was a joke also. 

Also, not everyone needs to be a main eventer.. You need solid opening and mid card acts... I feel Jose can get over based on the fact he legit looks like hes having a damn good time. Its little things like that. 

Elias is over but he isn’t anything special. Eventually he has to wrestle and that’s the problem. 

But i agree. Some guys are there to be mid card. Some are there to be low card. They’ll see what they can get out of him. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Elias is over but he isn’t anything special. Eventually he has to wrestle and that’s the problem. 

But i agree. Some guys are there to be mid card. Some are there to be low card. They’ll see what they can get out of him. 

Yes. Wrestlers like Hogan Goldberg Nash. Wrestling is sometimes secondary as WWE isnt a real sport or doesn't pretend to be a real sport like New Japan does. In WWE, having a good gimmick and having personality is more important. 

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yes. Wrestlers like Hogan Goldberg Nash. Wrestling is sometimes secondary as WWE isnt a real sport or doesn't pretend to be a real sport like New Japan does. In WWE, having a good gimmick and having personality is more important. 

Welllll You should watch more New Japan.  The stuff the elite is doing is far more than just “wrestling”  WWE does exactly what New Japan does as far as pretending to be real.  the difference is how it’s portrayed  

Getting over is the key. There is a reason Elias does his schtick but rarely wrestles on tv. Because wrestling is important. 

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

nope. Not really. Lol

I like Omega but bottom line... Most casual fans have no idea who he is. 

The Jets are doing local winnipeg celebrities thing where they all say a thing about the whiteout. I said what about omega.. Everyone who responded said.. Who? 

He isn't known enough. I like him.. Hes a great wrestler and hes doing winnipeg proud but the majority have no idea who he is. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Goalie said:

I like Omega but bottom line... Most casual fans have no idea who he is. 

The Jets are doing local winnipeg celebrities thing where they all say a thing about the whiteout. I said what about omega.. Everyone who responded said.. Who? 

Completely untrue.  I suppose if you define casual fan as 'person aware that a thing called wrestling exists but knows no one who actively partakes in it' then yes, I could agree with that.

To ignore the fact he's the largest percentage ticket mover of anyone, has massive merch sales at mainstream clothing stores, helped draw record US PPV buys for New Japan (in the middle of the night and middle of the week), has been put over and communicated with by many in WWE including several legends, has been pursued by WWE for years and mobbed everywhere he went in New Orleans is just...well, you'd have to have a personal dislike of the man to ignore all that and pretend he isnt well known by wrestling fans.

But really, its moot since the post had nothing to do with notoriety.   It was funny.  Oh and if Roman did work Kenny, it would very likely be the best match Roman has ever had in his life (or close to it considering he worked with Styles).

17 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ending Asuka’s streak only to lose to Carmella in a cash in two days later is bad. 

I assume Charlotte is going to raw. Pffft

I feel like they overthought this one.

They didn't want another failed cash-in after they did it with Corbin.  And they didn't want Asuka's first loss to be in a MitB cash-in.  So Charlotte beats Asuka for a respectable first loss and Carmella cashes in on Charlotte.

It seems silly to me to have this big undefeated run for Asuka and she never even wins the title.  The first loss should have come after a lengthy title reign.  I personally am not a big Asuka fan but they wasted that opportunity.

Carmella is simply unbearable but she won't be champ for long.

7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Completely untrue.  I suppose if you define casual fan as 'person aware that a thing called wrestling exists but knows no one who actively partakes in it' then yes, I could agree with that.

To ignore the fact he's the largest percentage ticket mover of anyone, has massive merch sales at mainstream clothing stores, helped draw record US PPV buys for New Japan (in the middle of the night and middle of the week), has been put over and communicated with by many in WWE including several legends, has been pursued by WWE for years and mobbed everywhere he went in New Orleans is just...well, you'd have to have a personal dislike of the man to ignore all that and pretend he isnt well known by wrestling fans.

But really, its moot since the post had nothing to do with notoriety.   It was funny.  Oh and if Roman did work Kenny, it would very likely be the best match Roman has ever had in his life (or close to it considering he worked with Styles).

I agree with Goalie. Unless you're a hardcore wrestling fan, people don't know who Omega is. 

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

I feel like they overthought this one.

They didn't want another failed cash-in after they did it with Corbin.  And they didn't want Asuka's first loss to be in a MitB cash-in.  So Charlotte beats Asuka for a respectable first loss and Carmella cashes in on Charlotte.

It seems silly to me to have this big undefeated run for Asuka and she never even wins the title.  The first loss should have come after a lengthy title reign.  I personally am not a big Asuka fan but they wasted that opportunity.

Carmella is simply unbearable but she won't be champ for long.

Carmella is eye candy only. She is an awful wrestler. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It's embarrassing to watch...  Was the wrestler who did the same schtick before Jose called Adam Rose? He was THAT forgettable.

Of all the things to be embarrassed while watching? Lol

No, Adam Rose was someone else. He was released awhile back. Similar gimmick as far as having an entourage dancing him to the ring