Wrestling

Rich

47 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, a couple of days ago I was going thru my twitter feed & it showed two pics of Shawn Michaels. One with long hair & the mullet he had at the back along with his receeding hair line. Another with a picture of him after getting the back cut off. One person tweeted: "The boyhood dream is over". I tweeted that Brett Hart should do the same thing. I follow Asuka on twitter & she agreed. Yesterday I got a private message from Asuka asking how I was & we had about a 20 minute chat. Yes, it was her actual twitter account. Told her I think she's great in the ring & was looking forward to her match with Charlotte which she thanked me.  Anyway, thought that was both interesting & cool how she reached out so I'll be cheering for her tonight. 

That’s awesome!

22 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hunter is about to turn 49 years old. Hell of a physique. 

Angle looks tremendous too for that matter. 

They made Ronda look weak tonight. Barely beating Stephanie McMahon?? Not the greatest of debuts. Unless she really improves, I can't see her being able to do what Charlotte or Asuka can do in the ring. I expected her to wipe the mat with Stephanie. Didn't happen. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They made Ronda look weak tonight. Barely beating Stephanie McMahon?? Not the greatest of debuts. Unless she really improves, I can't see her being able to do what Charlotte or Asuka can do in the ring. I expected her to wipe the mat with Stephanie. Didn't happen. 

I disagree. Ronda looked fantastic. She squared off with hunter and beat him with Strikes. Had her submission on. 

The psychology was great. Sure Ronda could tap step in 2 seconds but what kind of match is that?

i thought all the heat steph got on Ronda made sense and was never steph besting Ronda one on one. 

The idea Steph would scout the arm bar makes sense. But as soon as Ronda locked it in step taped out in a fraction of a second 

They actually did more than I figured they would for Ronda’s first match. She did great! 

They even teased the Double tap out spot I was hoping for. And I believe the idea was steph was about to tap and hunter grabbed her arm to stop her 

good stuff

She didn't look weak technically in the ring although she needs to get a lot more experience to be polished. To me, I think that they needed her to beat out Steph a lot easier than that. Stephanie is a rat. Not the greatest in the ring & virtually hated by all fans. People want to see her get her come uppance. The way it should have gone down was Hunter & Angle go at it for the majority of the match.  Then Ronda comes in, dominates by giving her a beat down &  defeats Stephanie in a couple of minutes.  That's how I thought it should have ended.   Did you see the reaction to the Bludgeon Brothers winning the Tag Team Championship? Like NO reaction. That is one tag team that no one wants to see. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

36 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, that's a huge disappointment for fans.  I'm sure a lot of the WWE Universe  feel cheated.  And the actual match went for 5 minutes. 

If they feel cheated they are huge babies cuz WWE is all about the kids... Ppl were chanting his name...  I called 5 minutes b4 it started. 

Whatever tho. I dont get ppl who watch just to complain after

Edited by Goalie

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Boy was that the wrong call but it’s the one I smelled the swerve the most. 

It’s probably because they see Ronda vs Charlotte as more marketable than Ronda vs Asuka. 

Charlotte might just be the best wrestler man or woman in WWE. 

48 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If they feel cheated they are huge babies cuz WWE is all about the kids... Ppl were chanting his name...  I called 5 minutes b4 it started. 

L  It’s wrestling. And this is a discussion forum. So of course people will express that opinion.

you called that they’d pick a ten year old boy beforehand? lol 

I don’t even know what “smarks got swerved” means.  Anyone using the term smark is a smark  lol

Everyone predicted it including you because that was the finish.  They changed their minds. Again. Four years of trying to get Roman over. 

Although I did suggest it was possible ;)

Initial opinion, really good show. 

Didn’t like Nak losing st first but the heel turn makes it work. 

The Braun thing was definitely a disappointment at first but assuming he was a make a wish Kid or something  it was cool.  WWE’s audience actually skewes older. 

Good show. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

You called it?  Man, that is indeed impressive. You do have your fingers on the pulse of the industry. Why aren't you working in Stamford, CT? No sense talking to you  about it now as you called it but nobody else did. I don't get ppl who like to brag they're smarter than everybody else. Have a good night.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You called it?  Man, that is indeed impressive. You do have your fingers on the pulse of the industry. Why aren't you working in Stamford, CT? No sense talking to you  about it now as you called it but nobody else did. I don't get ppl who like to brag they're smarter than everybody else. Have a good night.

I definitely agree it was disappointing.  But it’s hard feel too cheated if he was a make a wish kid.  Well know more in the next day or two. 

It could be Braun Beats brock tomorrow and vacates the tag titles. 

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

PWT described that match as a "disaster". 

It wasn’t bad in a vacuum. Similar in a way to their first wm match but this Time the crowd did not want to like it. 

Chants of “this is awful”. And for CM Punk. They were distracted by beach balls etc. No heat for romans kick outs. 

Their booking was designed to get Roman sympathy support but when that didn’t happen there was little heat for anything.  

If Roman had been, Bryan for example, that exact match would have got crazy heat. 

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I called the 5 minutes match. Not the refs kid. I was thinking Big Show but when he started walking through the crowd i was convinced it was gonna be Mysterio cuz hes tiny and could hide. Nobody predicted Nicholas. John Cones kid

Edited by Goalie