Game 66 : Predators @ Passenger 57

As I understand it, the SPC is pretty much the cookie cutter template that all contracts are based on.   It defines player obligations, practice requirements, etc....

You fill in the blanks with salary, one-way / two-way, NMC, NTC, etc.

All contracts must be based on the SPC, including ELC.

But if an ELC were an SPC, they would both be eligible for salary arbitration now or maybe next year and they aren't?

I think that when they become eligible for arbitration has to be taken into consideration when negotiating a deal.

8 minutes ago, Ducky said:

But if an ELC were an SPC, they would both be eligible for salary arbitration now or maybe next year and they aren't?

I think that when they become eligible for arbitration has to be taken into consideration when negotiating a deal.

Scheifele's first year was only 4 games so I don't believe that year counts.  That means each of them have 3 years in the NHL.

I believe they both signed under 21 years old, so that means they don't have the 4 years needed for arbitration.

One more year each and they will be eligible for arbitration.  So next contract.

wow, Barkov got 6 x 5.9m and he isn't even as good as Scheifele.

Lawless did a good comparison of players over their ELC contracts and only Taylor Hall will end up with more points after Scheifele's ELC ends.

Here is that group and some of the salaries he mentioned....some of these contracts were signed a few years ago but you can get the idea.

Hall                 7 x 6m.

Couturier       6 x 4.333m

Landeskog     7 x 5.75m

Skinner           7 x 5.75

Seguin             6 x6.75

Johansen

RNH                 7 x 6m

Huberdeau

Galchenyuk

Zibanized

Yakupov

Granlund