UFC

Goalie

There is some speculation that this might show Brock WAS clean for the UFC fight.  He was popped for Estrogen blockers, not steroids.  Could be he went off the juice around WM when he accepted the fight, began experiencing side effects of low testosterone and too the blockers to counter it.

In that sense, its maybe a moral grey area.  The substance is banned so he's screwed.  Banned is banned.  But it would crucify WWE and their alleged "greatest wellness program ever" nonsense. 

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Lol was anyone shocked by this?   He's nearly 40 and ripped  which is ridiculously hard for a 270 lbs man.    

UFC knew he was juicing... it doesn't make a difference he brought in ppv buys and they'll move on to the next event.

Not when youve been ripped your whole adult life. Lots and lots of guys are natty and ripped at that age when they start early in adult hood or teens. He also didnt test positive for a PED, he tested for some thing that limits estrogen in the system. Its a counter some guys go to that use micro doses of steroids, or drugs that cause the body to produce more T. If he had been cycling that too, he would have tested positive at some point in that test period for elevated testosterone. 

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There is some speculation that this might show Brock WAS clean for the UFC fight.  He was popped for Estrogen blockers, not steroids.  Could be he went off the juice around WM when he accepted the fight, began experiencing side effects of low testosterone and too the blockers to counter it.

In that sense, its maybe a moral grey area.  The substance is banned so he's screwed.  Banned is banned.  But it would crucify WWE and their alleged "greatest wellness program ever" nonsense. 

Steroids have a lasting effect, Muscles commonly shows advanced recovery for 6-8 monthes after the end of the last cycle on a micro dose. 

To be honest, the testing system needs tweaks but ufc fighters need tested and proven clean sources of supplements. The amount of contaminated and out right dishonest ingredients in over the counter stuff is crazy. 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Not when youve been ripped your whole adult life. Lots and lots of guys are natty and ripped at that age when they start early in adult hood or teens. He also didnt test positive for a PED, he tested for some thing that limits estrogen in the system. Its a counter some guys go to that use micro doses of steroids, or drugs that cause the body to produce more T. If he had been cycling that too, he would have tested positive at some point in that test period for elevated testosterone. 

Steroids have a lasting effect, Muscles commonly shows advanced recovery for 6-8 monthes after the end of the last cycle on a micro dose. 

To be honest, the testing system needs tweaks but ufc fighters need tested and proven clean sources of supplements. The amount of contaminated and out right dishonest ingredients in over the counter stuff is crazy. 

The thing Brock tested positive for is also sometimes used in sex therapy drugs.  So I guess that's a possible defense... lol

It doesnt make sense.  Brock never tested positive during his last UFC stint.  He knew he would be tested many times.  He passed all the tests but the one at the end of June and night of the fight and still, no steroids were found.  He was heavily critical of Jones for testing positive.  Its possible a tainted substance or inadvertent.  Which doesnt make it right, ofcourse.  Then again, some athletes can just be in complete self denial.

The reason Brock was ripped was because he had to cut weight to get under the UFC's maximum weight limit.  In WWE, he was bigger because he could wrestle at 300 lbs.  In UFC, he couldnt.  No need to train that hard to cut when you dont have to.

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The thing Brock tested positive for is also sometimes used in sex therapy drugs.  So I guess that's a possible defense... lol

It doesnt make sense.  Brock never tested positive during his last UFC stint.  He knew he would be tested many times.  He passed all the tests but the one at the end of June and night of the fight and still, no steroids were found.  He was heavily critical of Jones for testing positive.  Its possible a tainted substance or inadvertent.  Which doesnt make it right, ofcourse.  Then again, some athletes can just be in complete self denial.

The reason Brock was ripped was because he had to cut weight to get under the UFC's maximum weight limit.  In WWE, he was bigger because he could wrestle at 300 lbs.  In UFC, he couldnt.  No need to train that hard to cut when you dont have to.

interesting. some one was busted for some thing similar a couple years back. 

In his last stint the ufc didnt have any real testing. Late in the gsp era no one was caught for any thing. But i agree, hes been big forever. His whole family is huge. Ive seen some of his work outs, dudes legit. People who roid dont stay as healthy as him, or nealy as quick. Roids n lift doesnt make you quick, and hes the quickest big man ive ever seen. This isnt bob sapp. Raphael palmero came out all hell bent for leather against roids and then got busted but i think most people on PEDs would just stay mum on the subject. 

He normally sits in the 285 range, wasnt crazy cut and easily made weight. Dont see any reason he'd be on it. Wasnt recovering from any injuries i know of, but im not a wwe guy. 

17 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I can't say he wasn't on juice on wwe. But if you look at his first wwe run he was insanely large and ripped. Now he's just big. He's a farm boy. 

But....steroids are common in these fields. So you just never know.  Have to wait to hear Brock's side of the story. 

Casually watched some wwf in attitude era but that was it so  i cant really say. But from his last year wrestling in college to ufc 1.0 to now he isnt much different in size or shape. I think the novelty has warn off on you. Hes by no means just a run of the mill strong guy. Watching him fight hunt his quickness is still un real. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Casually watched some wwf in attitude era but that was it so  i cant really say. But from his last year wrestling in college to ufc 1.0 to now he isnt much different in size or shape. I think the novelty has warn off on you. Hes by no means just a run of the mill strong guy. Watching him fight hunt his quickness is still un real. 

Oh dont get me wrong.  Im a HUGE Brock fan and trying to not let that bias impact my opinion because I want him to be innocent.  He's the most unique athlete UFC has ever had.  Size, quickness, power, agility  This guy used to do shooting star presses in WWE.  He's unreal.

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

And this was him in university... not quite as big but still jacked.

BrockNCAA.jpg

a little less mass but id say more ripped. at that point iirc hw for most wrestling styles was 260 he walks 285 but id say that upper body is as big as he is now. 

He's definitely a guy with amazing genetics for sure.  I'd say he looked juiced in K1.  But Im no expert.  If he was juicing at all.

Hard to compare promo shots with weigh in because weigh in is when they are cutting as much as possible.  He looked very lean, far leaner than usual the night of the fight.  But he had a lot of weight to lose from his WWE wrestling weight to UFC.  So one might suspect he dieted very very strictly as well as cut water for the weigh in.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He's definitely a guy with amazing genetics for sure.  I'd say he looked juiced in K1.  But Im no expert.  If he was juicing at all.

Hard to compare promo shots with weigh in because weigh in is when they are cutting as much as possible.  He looked very lean, far leaner than usual the night of the fight.  But he had a lot of weight to lose from his WWE wrestling weight to UFC.  So one might suspect he dieted very very strictly as well as cut water for the weigh in.

Thats the truth ive seen members of his family, not jacked but big ass people.

44 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Also the fact that he didn't gas in the 3rd round makes it quite suspicious...

Regardless even if he juiced or not... the man still had to hit the gym big time to still achieve the physique... he is a freak. 

gassing wasnt his problem, it was recovering from getting rocked / chin that haunted him in the past. Hes got loads of stamina. Hunt is like big country when he blows that initial steam at you if you survive it gets much easier. Hunts much better at 2nd wind and recovery but big countrys jaw is some marvel stuff. If brock was to fight some one like JDS or arlovski we would see that in effect again. Especially with jds.

Yes all the analysis I saw said Brock had wrestling speed and stamina advantage. Hunt needed to knock him out. 

Pure fans might not like this but wrestlers have amazing stamina. Brock can work a 30 minute match no problem.  Yes wrestlers use rest holds. But wrestlers will tell you they can do all the cardio in the work to prepare but nothing prepares for a match. Even the fat guys. Great stamina. 

51 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yes all the analysis I saw said Brock had wrestling speed and stamina advantage. Hunt needed to knock him out. 

Pure fans might not like this but wrestlers have amazing stamina. Brock can work a 30 minute match no problem.  Yes wrestlers use rest holds. But wrestlers will tell you they can do all the cardio in the work to prepare but nothing prepares for a match. Even the fat guys. Great stamina. 

idk about wrasslers but brock sure has it. and ncaa wrestlers too. Even big country was once trim and had stamina.  At the regional combine he put up a 4,6 40 at 285 pounds and 40+ reps of 225. at the big combine he ran 4.7  and not as many reps. 

what a massive upset win for shevchenko over HH. She allready lost to amanda nunes the current womens champion earlier this year so im sure shes one more win away from a title shot. But whats it mean from HH now? cybro?

edson barbosa is in serious contention now too.

Ngannou 3-0 in the ufc with 3 kos. Fun guy to watch with lots of up side.

7 hours ago, bustamente said:

Holly Holm had her 15 minutes she is not a very good total all around fighter and it showed last night. Barbosa was killer last night.

No one in the womens divisions is a good all round fighter. they are all stand up or ground fighters. HH has shown to be a great boxer and showed great take down defense in the past. Shevchenko thrashing her on the feet was a bit of a surprise but shes a legit talent. The womens division is like early ufc, cant take losses too seriously or hard. same with mens HW division. its all about who you beat today that erases the past and gives you a shot in the future. Shevchenko lost to nunes this year but shes 1 fight away from a title bout. 

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

what a massive upset win for shevchenko over HH. She allready lost to amanda nunes the current womens champion earlier this year so im sure shes one more win away from a title shot. But whats it mean from HH now? cybro?

edson barbosa is in serious contention now too.

Ngannou 3-0 in the ufc with 3 kos. Fun guy to watch with lots of up side.

Not a  massive upset at all... Holm isn't that great.   

Barbosa is fun to watch... but still his chin and heart will always prevent him from being able to string a long winning streak against the best.  

Ngannou has the look... but come on that guy he fought had no business fighting at heavyweight or even fighting in the UFC.  He was a complete can. 

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

Not a  massive upset at all... Holm isn't that great.   

Barbosa is fun to watch... but still his chin and heart will always prevent him from being able to string a long winning streak against the best.  

Ngannou has the look... but come on that guy he fought had no business fighting at heavyweight or even fighting in the UFC.  He was a complete can. 

Pretty big like a .400 dog. Since shevy lost to nunes earlier this year. And her HHs stand up skill is extremely high mma world wide this fight was considered a shocker. 

Barbosa is the kind of gate keeper people love even with out knowing it. Guys like that make bad fight cards solid all the time.

Ngannou has been fighting cans. And will probably get one more even. I dont see them throwing him to a top 10 guy right away. But he's soo young and usually the puncher heavy divisions are dominated by age and skill not raw talent. The best we see of him is prolly a few years away.