NFL Playoff Disscusion

Mark F

I'm not sure if a new thread is being started for the divisional round so I'll just throw my picks here:

KC vs NE - I'll take KC b/c I like their defense... but mostly because I hate the pats and want them to lose no matter who they're playing (if I had real money on the line there's a chance my pick would be different)...

Arizona vs GB - I like Arizona in this one... don't know if the pack will be able to replicate any offensive success like they did against wash... although I expect a closer game than their week 15 match-up...

Carolina vs Seattle - this one should be the game of the week... probably the toughest to pick... I'll go with Carolina b/c I like Cam and it would be nice to see a new NFC winner this year...

Pitt vs Denver - Denver has the best defense in the league... they'll be looking for revenge after Brown shredded them a few weeks ago... as long as that revenge is not focused on Cody Wallace I like their chances... Denver

KC also, Not sure Brady is 100 percent healthy and KC has been on a roll, 11 straight wins i believe.

GB for me, Just think Rodgers is a big game player and will step up and beat the Cards

Carolina.. My favorite to win it all this year, only because I like Newton and am starting to dislike the riders of the south, SeaHawks

Denver.. However if Big Ben is healthy, I think Pitt has a chance to pull it off

Anyways, guess this can go here...

San Fran named a new head coach today... former Eagles Coach...Chip Kelly. Interesting signing there. 

Edited by Goalie

Not sure all of the players liked Harbaugh.

Chip is easy for me to dislike. he's gonna bomb out again. all these guys are full of themselves, but he takes the cake.

winners this weekend

Patriots... I like the Patriots, and they don't lose at home often

Panthers.... I want Cam and friends to win the whole thing.... Seahawks not as good with  Marshawn not full speed

Cardinals..... Pack is not back

Broncos..... Last gasp for Peyton, and the best defence .

Edited by Mark F

NFL sure has some problems with the quality of it's games.

very good individual players making some great plays, but overall, bad coaching, and boring games. The Kansas City plodding coma like march down the field with time running out, was comical/painful/boring. It was as if they thought it was the end of the first half.

Denver receivers/recievers making millions can't catch the ball. Panthers coaches go into a shell after half the game.

Wilson throwing horrible interceptions.

arizona turns a five yard pass into a 95 yard play to win. pitiful. Only team that's worth watching is the Patriots. Well coached, skilled and disciplined team. throw in last week's game with the Bengals, where two guys throw away the win. and the never wins in the playoffs coach keeps his job.  makes sense.

at least I was bored with it all and only watch one complete game.

This is the quarter finals. blech.

#ratherwatchCFL !

Edited by Mark F

I actually don't disagree with KC's time management at the end of the game... by time it got to around 5 minutes left they likely realized there would not be enough time for 3 possessions (including the one they were currently on)... so rather than rushing to score and give the ball back they conceded that they would kick on-side after a score... that way it gives them time to effectively run the offense and ensure a score... they obviously didn't complete the on-side, so that nullified any plan...

So very happy that the patriots lost... so much more fun watch the playoffs without them (except it keeps me engaged when I really have a team to cheer against!)

I forgot to make picks for the conference round... for what it's worth, if I was going with my heart I would have said Denver/Arizona... if I was going with my brain I would have gone with New England/Carolina... so 1-1 either way...