Game 41 : Jets @ Stars On Ice

Best way to kill off penalties is not taking any penalties... 

Don't take any penalties and if you do, make it worth it... no O zone penalties, No stupid stick infractions or any thing like that...

You wanna hit a guy to hard and take a penalty? go 4 it.. you wanna fight and get a penalty? be my guest but please don't cross check or trip or high stick or this delay of game junk where you put the puck out of play in your own zone... Some penalties are fine but THE O zone, stick infractions and selfish penalties are not and the Jets definitely lead the lead in stick infractions, o zone penalties and stupid ones. 

I don't get some of the penalties... The Jets used their sticks a lot, on or close to the ice, hacking at the stick/puck, and seem to get a penalty for that now and then... not sure why. Meyers uses his stick a lot... and got a penalty for this last night, that I didn't understand.

then later in the game, a  predator player by their own goal, was chopping at a jet, stafford I think, basically just chopping his legs... no penalty for that.

I don't get a lot of the penalties.

38 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nothing to do with publicly complaining. Has to do with reputation 

I disagree.  They received a couple of phantom calls the day after the complaining if I recall correctly.  I recall watching a docuseries, probably one of the Winter Classic ones where they showed the officials after a game unwinding with some beers and talking about the game.  They were basically patting each other on the back for "getting" a guy...not so much maliciously but in a "can you believe that guy?  I told him dont ******* **** with me".  They are human and emotional.  When you're called into question, you wont be giving anyone benefits of the doubt.

Reputation AND complaining.

the whole Arizona team should be fined $2,000 each as they were diving all over the ice in the game I was at.  Ladd stupidly gave a little shove to OEL and he went down like he had been shot.  It happened right in front of me.  Ladd was brain-dead to do it but OEL should have been called for embellishment, just as Ehlers got nailed for it.  

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Say what you want but the pp cost us the game in OT. 4 on 3 for 2 minutes and they do nothing.  Also why no ehlers or Trouba in 3 on 3. If the idea is to win the extra point why not put more skill out there.  Buff. Myers. Toby all got ice time. Ladd got ice time.  Why didn't ehlers who had a strong game or Trouba get ice time. Odd coaching decisions and our PP coach Pascal Vincent needs to be fired immediately 

I dunno. Nobody was in front of the net, in my opinion if those 2 broken stick shots get through, Lehtonen makes the easy save. He's a good goalie. Those shots won't beat him with nobody in front of him. Jets PP is just really bad. I don't know if it's talent or scheme or both but you compare it to basically every other teams PP and it's not even close. 

We are lucky if we get 2 good shots, other teams get at least 2 or 3 shots against us, high quality chances at that. We are so very predictable on the PP also, Pass it around for 30 seconds and then send it back to buff or myers for a shot from the point with nobody in front, pass it behind the net, you can't score from behind the net, you can but it's unlikely.. You watch the Dallas PP (last night wasn't the best example tho) but... they set up seem passes, one timers, they do it quicker also, I dunno. It's either we lack skill or we lack the scheme. I think it might be a combo of both, Since 2011, the Jets number 1 PP unit has been the same, except for Perreault. The rest of the guys are the same. The PP has actually been in the bottom half of the league since 2011 also. It's talent or lack of or scheme or both. Something needs to change there tho. 

That was a lousy PP.  2 shots 4 on 3?  Come on... they had better opportunities at even strength.  They have a lousy PP.  Very vanilla and conservative.  Same with their PK.  Everyone else plays an aggressive PK which seems to work against the Jets.  Our PK sits back.  Our PP sits back.

Im over the special teams issues.  Whichever Assistant Coach is the Special Teams guy has long outlived his usefulness on this team.  Time to move on.

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I dunno. Nobody was in front of the net...

True dat. Our D need to take shots when the lane is clear as well. I dunno,

if Chairot does have the hardest shot as a D-Man should he not be on the PP?

41 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Our stick supplier may have cost us the game in OT.

Funny but true.

5/10 road trip points. Good enuf?

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Funny but true.

Ladd was in front when Myers broke his stick.

A big shot from the point is nice, but the guy taking it has to be able to get it off quickly and know where it's going. Buff's shot is sufficiently heavy for the pp, and all of Buff, Trouba, Myers, & Enstrom have much better offensive insticts.

I'll take 5 of 10. Beating Nashville makes the trip a win imo.

12 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Funny but true.

Good enough to miss the playoffs and get a middling draft pick.  Perfect.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I liked the penalty Chiarot got last night.  Two minutes for touching.

There seem to be a new category specifically designed for the Jets, and involves the touch or as known to Jet fans, "the Buff". Anything resembling a lean in or bump, especially if the guy goes down is called. Guys, who are bigger, like Byfuglien, and Myers, are targeted. Now, Chiarot has to be included for playing rough tag on a player. Talk about evening up on a penalty call.

5 out of 10 points might have been good enough for a playoff team, but the Jets need more. Unfortunately, we've seen that the Jets can compete, as they took Dallas to the limit, but too many games have been frittered away, and those playoff points lost, will not be recovered.

Yup. Good enough for yet another 8 to 14 pick. Woo Hoo. However, The one silver lining here, If you want to go glass half full I suppose, THe Jets have played 24  road games already meaning they only have 17 or so more road games to go in the second half of the season, Teams in front of them like Nashville for example have played mostly home games and have yet to actually play many games vs the Central, The Jets have and most of those Central games have actually been on the road. The silver lining is the Jets have plenty of home games left while most other teams play on the road where their records aren't nearly as good. The Jets have been very good at home. Also i believe they only have 3 back to back games left this year. Silver lining. However, I do feel they aren't good enough to make the playoffs, even tho i feel unlike last year where you needed like almost 100 points to get in, you might only need 91 or 92 but... that means the Jets have to win, well, they have 41 points right now i believe. Yes 41 with 41 games to go. They would need to win at least 25 of those games to get to 91 points... seeing as how they play 24 home games and 17 road games, I think it's somewhat possible to get to 91 92 points but... they'd pretty much have to basically win every game at home to do it... I think they are a .500 team so i think they finish with 82 - 85 points. Good enough for probably an 8 to 14 pick unless injuries happen, then perhaps they can bottom out a bit.