Game 39 : Jets @ Sucks

Stu and Chiarot are 7/8 D man at best.... Chiarot is having a very bad game. We need LHD help.

Why won't Maurice try a Wheeler Scheif line this year? They were great together last year. Put Armia or Ehlers on the left side and see what's there.

Lowry can center Ladd and Little. Burmi between Staf and Perreault?

Burmi is having a good game.

Can't even blame hutch. Jets are a dumpster fire. Keep taking penalties. Maurice can keep rolling his eyes. But time for change. Jets just can't look good 2 games In a row and no I don't mean a coaching change. I mean some players need to go. 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Stu and Chiarot are 7/8 D man at best.... Chiarot is having a very bad game. We need LHD help.

Why won't Maurice try a Wheeler Scheif line this year? They were great together last year. Put Armia or Ehlers on the left side and see what's there.

Lowry can center Ladd and Little. Burmi between Staf and Perreault?

Burmi is having a good game.

You would move our best face-off man to the wing?

If anyone goes to RW, it should be Burmistrov...

Line of Ladd-Lowry-Burmistrov is only bright spot in this game

Ehlers probably should have gone to Europe

Jets are 1 point up on Philly and Toronto and both have 2 games in hand on the Jets. McDavid coming back soon. Not 2 long until jets are 29th in the league. It's gonna happen. No lipstick on this pig. This team is bad.... really bad actually and it's not 1 player or 2 or rookies... it's pretty much all of them.  Wheeler Little Scheif Perreault are the only somewhat consistent players. 

Edited by Goalie

Attitude of this team has changed...   Jets were about working your way onto the team, then they handed spots to Copp, Ehlers and Burmi... and let Frolik, Stempniak and Slater walk - these are not 'difference makers' but they are depth and hard workers

Have to start looking at the fact that the Jets backup D-men were probably the main reason the Jets made the playoffs last year... blow it up.

I missed only the first two minutes of the 3rd period and have to admit I had trouble keeping track of the lines. How many lines did Armia play on?

When is Pavs back?

Our next back to back is Jan. 14-15 at home against Nashville and then Minny away.

If Pavs is back by then, I can see Maurice playing Helle (if he doesn't crap the bed) until Pavs is back and giving Pavs the Minny game. Second game of a back to back and an away game too.

Maybe Hutch has played his last game as a Jet?         How much confidence and loyalty can you show someone (nobody mention Stuart)? He isn't getting the job done and I know he wasn't responsible for all the goals tonight but he was part of the problem. He's won one game since October 29, the 21st of November in the game Pavs was hurt and and he played the last period and picked up the W.....otherwise he hasn't won since October 29 in Chicago.....that's October 29, 2015...... If I'm the GM, he's going to the Moose as soon as Pavs is back playing for the Jets. Let him "ripen" some more down there. Pavs is a vet and can back up Helle the rest of the year and step in if he falters. We aren't making the playoffs this year. Get Helle as much time as he can, without burning him out, and let him see as many situations as he can. Pavs would have to steal the net from Helle when he gets back and I can't see him doing that.  I'd be fine having Pavs as a back up next year.

Nope, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we have seen Hutch in his last game tonight. If this team is going to become a contender one day, it will be with Helle/Comrie as the goaltenders.

I'll be honest here. I hope Nashville and Dallas woop the Jets really good so they are forces to make changes and not irrelevant ones like goaltending or 3rd pair D.... real legit changes to the core of this team which just isn't good enough. Ladd. Buff. Toby. Stuart. Stafford can go too if someone wants him. Myers too. Ya they aren't core guys but... this team needs lots of change.  Hope for Auston Matthews too. 

10 hours ago, Floyd said:

Attitude of this team has changed...   Jets were about working your way onto the team, then they handed spots to Copp, Ehlers and Burmi... and let Frolik, Stempniak and Slater walk - these are not 'difference makers' but they are depth and hard workers

Have to start looking at the fact that the Jets backup D-men were probably the main reason the Jets made the playoffs last year... blow it up.

Maybe.  But they didnt let Frolik walk.  He chose to leave.  Reportedly because his wife didnt like Winnipeg.  Slater was a good faceoff guy and thats about it.  Andrew Copp is hardly the problem on this team.  He either gets handed the spot or he wins it in training camp and now you've got Slater to pay.  Slater's deal expired.  It was time to move on.

I'd say yes they should have re-signed Stemp.  Ehlers was another problem.  If he could play for the Moose, that's where he'd be.  He couldn't.  He was way too good for Junior and wasnt going back.  Jets decided to keep him in the fold rather than let him go to Europe where he'd be out of their direct sphere of influence.

And I think Burmi has worked hard.  He wasnt "handed" a spot.  He was a three year pro who was signed to a nearly league minimum contract.

If anything the Jets might be guilty of over-valuing players.  They thought Lowry had arrived last year...this year showed he needs some more seasoning.  Same with Chiarot who, if he still had a two way deal would probably be back with the Moose.  Petan needed development time and they eventually recognized that.

In hindsight, they probably wish they had re-signed Stemp and assigned Petan to the Moose from the beginning.  Dont think they make any other changed involving the mentioned players.

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'll be honest here. I hope Nashville and Dallas woop the Jets really good so they are forces to make changes and not irrelevant ones like goaltending or 3rd pair D.... real legit changes to the core of this team which just isn't good enough. Ladd. Buff. Toby. Stuart. Stafford can go too if someone wants him. Myers too. Ya they aren't core guys but... this team needs lots of change.  Hope for Auston Matthews too. 

Its hard.  I never cheer against the Jets.  But if you could say 'look, if the Jets lose X amount of games, they will end up making this change, drafting this player and being way better for the next 10 years then if they win X amount of games', then who wouldnt accept that as a net benefit?

Do the Oilers' wish they had won a few more games and never drafted their plethora of talent?  At the time...maybe.  Now?  Nope. 

Honestly, the risk is in the Jets finishing bottom three but not getting the top draft pick.  But imagine a scenario where they end up with the #1 draft pick? 

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

Interesting predictions by tait... Thinks the Jets will fall off a bit the next while, think they will trade both Buff and Ladd for picks and prospects... Think they will take Matthew Tkachuk with their high pick in the draft and think on July 1st, the Jets will actually sign Buff as a UFA.

The other guy was talking about Scheif and the RFA's... Thinks Scheif signs 8 years 40 million,Think Trouba goes the PK Subban route and goes bridge deal and puts up big points with more minutes and then cashes in on his next deal with the Jets, not sure if it will be a 1 or 2 year bridge deal... not sure i agree with Trouba ever being as good as PK but interesting none the less, Thinks all the other RFA's will be easy to sign... Hutch Lowry Armia. 

Was this mentioned on 1290 or one of his articles?

I'd be a huge fan of all of the above. Long term deal at $5M/yr for Scheifele would be great, as would signing Buff in the summer.

As much as I don't like it, I think we may be at the point where you have to trade Ladd AND Buff - not either/or.