What we learned from the Jets skills competition

Ben Chiarot has the hardest shot at 107.7 mph. The NHL record is 108.8.

Paul Postma is the fastest-skater with a time of 14.16 seconds, with Nikolaj Ehlers and Alex Burmistrov finishing at 14.30 seconds.

Mathieu Perreault won the accuracy competition.hitting four targets on four shots in 9.5 seconds.

I'm not shocked at the last stat. The other 2? Heck ya.

Ben Chiarot has the hardest shot at 107.7 mph. The NHL record is 108.8.

Paul Postma is the fastest-skater with a time of 14.16 seconds, with Nikolaj Ehlers and Alex Burmistrov finishing at 14.30 seconds.

Mathieu Perreault won the accuracy competition.hitting four targets on four shots in 9.5 seconds.

I'm not shocked at the last stat. The other 2? Heck ya.

I did not see that coming. Too bad his speed doesn't come a long with a Phil Housley type talent.

just listening to the sound on the tv, I would have guessed buff had the hardest shot, which I guess is different than fastest. maybe. People used to say denis hull had the "heaviest" shot.

who has the quickest shot?

ladd?

Ladd, Wheeler, Schief, Ehlers all good in the wristers department.

It seems to me the Jets have to work a little on their "one timers", seem to not be able to blast the puck straight from a pass like some of the best guys do..

sometimes don't get much on it, and other times seem to have to handle it a bit before shooting.

It seems to me the Jets have to work a little on their "one timers", seem to not be able to blast the puck straight from a pass like some of the best guys do..

sometimes don't get much on it, and other times seem to have to handle it a bit before shooting.

One timers are an art, Ovechkin is the only money scorer that has one. Buff has a decent one but people picked up on that, be interesting if they moved him to the slot to give him the chance...

One timers are an art, Ovechkin is the only money scorer that has one. Buff has a decent one but people picked up on that, be interesting if they moved him to the slot to give him the chance...
whoah whoah whoah.... Ovechkin? Mr Stamkos and the best 1T in the league says hi....

There is some thought that the hardest shot and basically every event besides the accuracy shooting because you can't really rig that is pretty much rigged. Some people who went said they timed postma and he was closer to 15 actual seconds... they said Ehlers was the fastest and it wasn't close... They could be wrong but... The hardest shot one too, nobody had any speed guns in the audience but when most the team shoots in the 80's or 90's and Ben Chiarot of all people hits 107... makes you wonder a bit....

The break away contest... always comes down to the last shooter lol.

It's a cool event that i'd probably check out once my daughter is a bit older but... it's definitely not meant to be taken as a real event.