RedBlacks Logger Chain Saw Team Banned

iso_55

Eskimos think sawing logs with a chainsaw after a touchdown is inappropriate so the redblacks logging team weren't on the sidelines today. I think sawing logs is rather a lame touchdown celebration but whatever. Is that the best Ottawa can come up with when they score a touchdown? 

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/11/28/loggers-banned-after-esks-raise-stink#.VlsS-FjIn9s.facebook

Yep, the banned was lifted on the team but not the sawing.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/cfl/ottawa-redblacks-denied-wood-cookie-td-celebration-as-logger-team-barred-from-performing-during-grey-cup

Just days after learning they could perform their post-touchdown celebrations during Sunday’s Grey Cup game — and after scrambling to find flights and a place to stay in Winnipeg — they were told Saturday they wouldn’t be allowed on the field, after all.

Later, the Canadian Football League revised its ruling to permit the saw squad to appear on the sidelines. But they can’t do their signature cutting of a “cookie” from a log to mark a Redblacks TD against the Edmonton Eskimos.

Why would Ottawa come out late after the half?  Same reason, petty mind games. 

That said I agree about the chain saw.  Kids emulate stuff and I'll never forget the story told me by a nurse of the guy whose saw wouldn't start until he held it in such a way that it bounced right into his face when it finally did. Plus how many commercials have we seen that start "hi, I'm ____ and I lost my leg in a lawn mower accident"?  Mixed message.

Why would Ottawa come out late after the half?  Same reason, petty mind games. 

That said I agree about the chain saw.  Kids emulate stuff and I'll never forget the story told me by a nurse of the guy whose saw wouldn't start until he held it in such a way that it bounced right into his face when it finally did. Plus how many commercials have we seen that start "hi, I'm ____ and I lost my leg in a lawn mower accident"?  Mixed message.

Really?  A logging team cant do what they do on TV for fear some moron will emulate them?  They shouldnt show football then in case some kids try to mimic professionals and break their necks.

This story made me cheer for Ottawa.  CFL was nutless on this one.  The Grey Cup game should have the two teams' respective "stuff" - TD celebrations, cheer teams, whatever.  Its a neutral site but fans going should get the flavor of both.  Dont want to see the logging team saw a piece of wood?  Dont let them score.