Bombers now with MOS like Jets with Noel ...

IC Khari

This team is horrible, as usual. I can't believe people in Wpg (from another thread) would rather watch the bombers get blown out by Calgary then watch Connor McDavid in the MTS center (though TBH haven't heard if McD is playing that game). 

If I'm going to game in Wpg on Friday night - it's not even a decision. Jets all the way.

You're also an Edmonton fan so your opinion isn't valid. 

I disagree completely. To you maybe, but take a poll in Winnipeg - go ahead. I know who'd win. But sorry to disappoint, a lot more Oiler fans in Saskatoon then there are in Wpg. The Oilers play the Wild on Saturday afternoon in Saskatoon, so my guess is that's where McDavid will play (McLellan already said McDavid won't play both games). But the star player in the NHL is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> over the CFL. All I see here is people trying to sell their tickets at 1/2 face value  for a bomber game - with no takers (see the one super fan here looking for bomber tickets but not willing to pay face value). Fans were paying their own way to Pentiction just for a chance to see McDavid. 

'nuff said. 

Oh no you missed the point, I'm not saying you're an Oilers fan, I'm saying you're not a Bomber fan cause you're in love with all things Edmonton. Seriously just drop the act already and pull on one of those green and piss yellow jerseys.

This team is horrible, as usual. I can't believe people in Wpg (from another thread) would rather watch the bombers get blown out by Calgary then watch Connor McDavid in the MTS center (though TBH haven't heard if McD is playing that game).

If I'm going to game in Wpg on Friday night - it's not even a decision. Jets all the way.

You're also an Edmonton fan so your opinion isn't valid.

I disagree completely. To you maybe, but take a poll in Winnipeg - go ahead. I know who'd win. But sorry to disappoint, a lot more Oiler fans in Saskatoon then there are in Wpg. The Oilers play the Wild on Saturday afternoon in Saskatoon, so my guess is that's where McDavid will play (McLellan already said McDavid won't play both games). But the star player in the NHL is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> over the CFL. All I see here is people trying to sell their tickets at 1/2 face value for a bomber game - with no takers (see the one super fan here looking for bomber tickets but not willing to pay face value). Fans were paying their own way to Pentiction just for a chance to see McDavid.

'nuff said.

you have a problem with me looking for tickets to a bomber game for cheap? Pretty dickish comment.

For the record ive seen a total of 5 people selling tickets and 2 are at face value. im a member of 5 cfl and bomber fb groups and the forums so your info... as per usual.. is flawed.

Really Spuds? How is it flawed? First off, it's not a 'dickish' comment. It's fact. Period. YOU take it any way YOU want. What, feeling 'guilty' now. Tell me where I'm wrong, go ahead. A buddy of mine has 3 pairs of Oilers seaons tickets. It's an investment, he's had them for years. He usually breaks even or loses a bit of money (as the Oiler lose over and over as the season progresses). This year, in only  PRE SEASON games, he's sold out his tickets - for $1600. He can't believe it himself. YOU, a BOMBER FAN, are wiling to buy tickets but only on the cheap. 1. I don't blame you, and it's a fact you are and 2. You'll NEVER get an Oiler ticket on the cheap, not here, not in Winnipeg, not in Calgary, not in Vancouver. 

Those are all facts, and it's a majority. Maybe not here on this forum, but facts are facts. I guess the truth hurts, don't it? Though not sure why. Just admit it and move on please.

It's worth noting that Oiler tickets to most games have been had for considerably less than face value the past 2 - 3 seasons on sites such as StubHub.  I heard this from a few posters on the Oilers page of the HfBoards.

you didn't read my post. Read it again - towards the end of the year you couldn't give the tickets away. I wouldn't have gone to an Oiler game for free a year ago (no such thing anyway as by the time you pay for parking / food/ drink it's far from free lol). 

I'm talking this year. This year you can't buy a ticket a face value unless you happen across one. Besides, looks like I was right anyway - seems a lot of Winnipeggers stayed home or (more likely) went to the Jets game. And btw - my comment originally was meant as Winnipegger preferring hockey to Football. From what I've heard you can't get a Jet ticket 'cheap' unless you're buying directly through the Jets (via ticket master) and there is a waiting list for season's tickets. 

And again - not blaming anyone, I wouldn't pay full value for watching the Oilers last year, nor would I pay full value to watch the Bombers this year (well I kind of do I'm an Esk season ticket holder but we don't pay face value for the tickets - and we get a playoff ticket thrown in if they make it and host a game which the Esks will for sure this year). 

As for McDavid and the 'wait and see' - I agree. And Goalie you could be wrong - the Oilers 'could' screw it up' IF they had the same dog and pony show running things. You might have missed it Goalie - MacT and former crappy Jet dman Dallas Eakins are OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT and we have a real coach in McLellan and a recent Stanley Cup GM in Peter Chiarelli running things now. They won't 'screw him up' trust me on that. Though personally I was always a Jack Eichel fan and I still think he might turn out to be the star but McDavid has a Gretzky like way about him - he's very humble and very reserved and most importantly he's very genuine about it. My fav story of his was when Sherry Bassin first brought him to Erie - McDavid was wearing his Toronto Marlies jacket and Sherry tried to give him an Erie Otters one (this was after they drafted him as a 15 year old) and McDavid replied "No sir, I can't take that as I haven't made your team yet". He did the same thing here - He was offered to stay at Andrew Ference's house when Rookie camp started but McDavid immediately refused - he insisted on staying with the rest of the rookies in the hotel with a roomie - he wants no special treatment whatsoever and takes nothing for granted. 

He's the real deal - and he is a star. And people will pay big bucks to see him - I guarantee you when his first game is in Wpg - check out the stubhub prices and see what people are asking for and getting for those seats compared to other games. 

Wow.  Just wow.

I came online to read a thread titled about MOS, the Bombers, Noel and/or the Jets only to find fighting, rants, and discussions about McDavid, the Oilers and buying tickets above, at, or below face value in western Canada.  

Can you guys make your own threads and move your conversations?  Or do you need to hug it out?  

Wow.  Just wow.

I came online to read a thread titled about MOS, the Bombers, Noel and/or the Jets only to find fighting, rants, and discussions about McDavid, the Oilers and buying tickets above, at, or below face value in western Canada.  

Can you guys make your own threads and move your conversations?  Or do you need to hug it out?  

Yep - it's amazing how threads can be derailed. I find the same thing on a lot of these threads - easy for things to go off topic. But don't forget the title of the thread here - it is about Noel as much as it is O'Shea and the conversation drifted that way a bit. But you're right and I do apoligize for my involvement in derailing it