Taking a realistic look at the Bombers record in the last 24 seasons

IC Khari

Hire a consultant to help MB out. Perhaps a guy that knows when to pull a qb, one who knows more then five plays and one who has plays where passes go less then 5 yards.

Why does it take a guy two years to make these kind of changes?

If we keep status quo then how can we expect any kind of improvement?

Might as well throw the towel in now.

I like DOD's post above. But I still think the hard nose needs to start now with MB being let go. Cobble together what you can for the rest of the season with current personel and start holding people accountable. Not ranting and raving but a happy medium between that and the passive-aggressive look we have now. Sit guys who take undisciplined penalties right when they take them. Maybe just for a quarter but do something.

Up until this week I wasn't looking for MOS to be fired but not dealing with MB after that embarrasment if enough to get me on that bandwagon. Deal with the issues and I'd be happy to see MOS next year. More of the same and he will be gone.

Firing him midseason is a trap. Then you get a situation like when Crowton was let go and Bellefeuille was brought in. Hard to make changes wholesale midseason so it's not really improving anything, but hey the guy works well with the rest of the staff might as well just keep him. If the offence is going to be ****** the rest of this season regardless why not wait until the offseason to make the change and then you can go out and find the best candidate and not have the temptation to just go with the easy status quo hire.

Except that MB has proven he can't win with our current players. And his playcalling is terrible. Why reward that kind of work? Give something else a try, even if for shits and giggles.

Never wanted him here in the first place.

I never wanted him here in the first place either, but you can't change an offence completely with only 8 games remaining. We're stuck with his crap all year like it or not, might as well wait until the offseason. But then again I'm not the kind of person who needs a public execution to placate me.

It's not like he has any kind of system in place? Run up the gut and five yard out. I'm pretty sure anyone else could teach more in under a week.

It's not like MB game plans... We had two weeks for Calgary and he showed nothing new. Against a weak rider secondary we barely attacked it.

They could use a random play calling system and probably could do no worse then the typical 200 yards of offense.

imo, oshea killed three birds with firing tracey..

1) quieted the old boys club comments because tracey truly was an old friend and was respected by o'shea..

2)put everyone on notice that jobs ARE on the libe..

and 3) and most importantly, he has painted a bullseye on his back by taking control of the ST.. its his bread and butter..

if they continue to fail its on him.. he now has zero safety net..

Only wins are going to save him. All this other stuff means nothing. If he goes 1-7 or 0-8 remainder of the season he's gone.

I like DOD's post above. But I still think the hard nose needs to start now with MB being let go. Cobble together what you can for the rest of the season with current personel and start holding people accountable. Not ranting and raving but a happy medium between that and the passive-aggressive look we have now. Sit guys who take undisciplined penalties right when they take them. Maybe just for a quarter but do something.

Up until this week I wasn't looking for MOS to be fired but not dealing with MB after that embarrasment if enough to get me on that bandwagon. Deal with the issues and I'd be happy to see MOS next year. More of the same and he will be gone.

Firing him midseason is a trap. Then you get a situation like when Crowton was let go and Bellefeuille was brought in. Hard to make changes wholesale midseason so it's not really improving anything, but hey the guy works well with the rest of the staff might as well just keep him. If the offence is going to be ****** the rest of this season regardless why not wait until the offseason to make the change and then you can go out and find the best candidate and not have the temptation to just go with the easy status quo hire. 

Except that MB has proven he can't win with our current players. And his playcalling is terrible. Why reward that kind of work? Give something else a try, even if for shits and giggles.

Never wanted him here in the first place.

I never wanted him here in the first place either, but you can't change an offence completely with only 8 games remaining. We're stuck with his crap all year like it or not, might as well wait until the offseason. But then again I'm not the kind of person who needs a public execution to placate me. 

Now you've taken all the fun out of it.