Leafs New GM Is...

One of the top GMs in the NHL over the last 2 decades... If I was a Leaf fan I would love this move.

Over 70 years old and when was the last time the Devils were any good and/or had a good draft.....?

The Devils went to the Cup finals in 2012. Really not that long ago.

Under Lamoriello, they won the Cup three times and went to the finals five times. But ya, he turned 70 and forgot everything he ever knew about hockey. Jeez. No other modern GM has enjoyed that level of success over such a long period of time.

Under Lamoriello, they won the Cup three times and went to the finals five times. But ya, he turned 70 and forgot everything he ever knew about hockey. Jeez. No other modern GM has enjoyed that level of success over such a long period of time.

Ken Holland. Four Cups with Detroit (one as asst. GM). His team is also still pretty good with some very good young players.

When the rebuild is done in leaf land Lou will be gone. I suppose dubas or Hunter will be the next GM and I guess nothing wrong with learning from Lou but I feel at 72 the game has passed him by. Word is Lou is good with the trades. The only real problem in Toronto is I don't think they have many players who are worth much. Well they might but Reilly Kadri and Nylander and Marner are part of the rebuild. Don't think Lou would get much for the leafs other crap tho.

Gonna be honest. I hate the leafs and hope they fail miserably. They are the only Canadian Team I would cheer against if they ever made the cup final.

Ken Holland. Four Cups with Detroit (one as asst. GM). His team is also still pretty good with some very good young players.

Ya you're right they should have hired Ken Holland. What were they thinking? Lol!!

At 72 years old and the setup of assistant GMs they have beneath him, Lou is only there as a figure head, to give advice and mentorship and to make sure the younger assistants don't go too far off the tracks.

At that age he isn't going to be putting in the hours that other GMs around the league do.

Ya you're right they should have hired Ken Holland. What were they thinking? Lol!!

Holland hasn't run his team into the ground so he's still employed elsewhere.