MOS: give the D some time

BigBlue

I think he is happy doing his motivational speaking right now. If a NFL chance comes up then he will probably take that.

He's also running a football camp.  He's said in the past that he will wait as long as it takes for another NFL shot.

He's also running a football camp.  He's said in the past that he will wait as long as it takes for another NFL shot.

Probably makes more as a motivational speaker than as a player in the CFL, especially with the Canadian peso crashing rapidly to zero. And he doesn't have to risk life and limb doing it either.

That's cuz for the most part the runs have been to the outside and not up the gut

That's irrelevant. Unless it's a passing play, the RB is his responsibility.

Hmm. Thanks Coach Hall but once again unless you are the DC calling the plays you have no idea who takes who on any play. Let's see this logic here. Esplain dis one please. Hurl blitzes on the play cuz he's told to do so. Uh oh its a run play tho. RB still Hurls guy eventho he's blitzing?

Hey guys, I thought this was a 'defence' thread not a "Hurl" thread lol.

I most likely haven't seen this guy as much as a lot of you have, but I'm also not a professional evaluator of talent. Looks to me like the Bombers are committed to Hurl for this year, and though Hurl has struggled so far this year (trying to be polite :) ) it doesn't mean he won't 'get it' eventually, along with the rest of our D.

I fully expect us to be trounced by Calgary, and most likely Edmonton as well (for some reason the Bombers never play well here 'cept for that miracle play and that only happened because I got pissed off when Glenn fumbled and I left the Stadium - if I had stayed that play never would have happened lol.

But - I expect them to learn a lot more in their Alberta trip. This is the CFL, and every year, for most teams, the game is a process. It's bad enough when all the coaches and players come back, but when you have new 'key' personal plus a new coach - well Training Camp is a joke for prep, pre-season doesn't really exist. We're in pre-season mode now. We won't see the real Bombers until Labour Day (or a week or two before hand), like we do every year with most teams (saving those that have consistent personal and coaching from the year before and have remained relatively healthy) so I say patience. 

I'd much rather start the year 3 - 3 or even 2 - 4 so long as we get better as the season goes one. Last year was terrble, going 5 - 1 then finishing 2 - 10. That was a regression. 

I think he is happy doing his motivational speaking right now. If a NFL chance comes up then he will probably take that.

He's obviously a believer in reincarnation.

So you are saying that somehow during the year Hurl is going to learn how to tackle and also run a lot faster?

LMAO - well when you put it like that kbf......... like I said I haven't seen him much so far. I have only watched on TV so far and I only see players who make plays ;)

That's cuz for the most part the runs have been to the outside and not up the gut

That's irrelevant. Unless it's a passing play, the RB is his responsibility.

In a gap control defense, the responsibility for everyone in the front seven is to fill their gap and then work to the ball, including the MLB.  The RB is everyone's responsibility if he has the ball.