Jets Remove Scoreboard

Seats apparently being painted too or changed all together. No idea what they will do with the scoreboard. Probably take it apart tho cuz really who has room for it here

oh man I did hear about the seats being added as a result (does this make room for more season ticket holders?) I mean the nose bleeds can be a bit of a pain, the last game I went to, no one was sitting beside me on one side so I was able to put my coat there (I mean I know that the lower bowl seats are better, I was low enough to get within an ear shot of Bryzgalov when the Wild were in town in 2014, yep I was lucky enough to see Hutch's first game as a jet)

Ya I think it will raise capacity by maybe 500 to 1000

Lawless was interviewing someone from the Jets about this a few months ago when they first announced it, and he said capacity would go up by maybe 200... Maybe not even that.

The Sun said 278 seats. People in the first row of the 300 section will have first dibs on them.

• 1 month later...

Yup, the top of the scoreboard they say stretches from the goaline to the blue line, pretty big actually. Should be interesting to see. Wonder what type of future renos can be done to MTS center, I know some people who said that when they built the MTS center they said that they built it with future expansion in mind, No, i don't think you can take the roof off and add more seats but... wonder what type of future expansion they can do. 

Yup, the top of the scoreboard they say stretches from the goaline to the blue line, pretty big actually. Should be interesting to see. Wonder what type of future renos can be done to MTS center, I know some people who said that when they built the MTS center they said that they built it with future expansion in mind, No, i don't think you can take the roof off and add more seats but... wonder what type of future expansion they can do. 

Anything can be done if you're willing to spend the money.  There was a lot of speculation about being able to raise the roof but here's why it will never happen:  You'd be spending a lot of money to add the cheapest seats.

The loge seating they are adding this year is a good example of what they'd do - adding seats in a fairly inexpensive way but those seats will generate high revenue.

There was talk of adding luxury suites to the corners also.  But realistically, they dont need to add any seats.  They are sold out and have a long wait list, true.  But they are also one of the most expensive tickets in the league.  Keep supply lower, demand high and ticket prices high.

I've yet to hear one reasonable argument for a 18K+ arena here. It just doesn't make sense at all for the market.

Not only does it make no sense for the market but the arena was built long before the return of the NHL was even possible.  So we're now talking build an 18,000 seat arena for the Moose.  Was never going to happen.