White Cop Shoots Black Man, Charged With Murder

Sorry Earth. I just don't subscribe to the idea that it's okay to be violent criminals because someone else started it. The fact an investigation was done and the police charged should make the violent "protesters" feel awful. But they aren't really protesters anyway.

In a way you do tho.

You have no prob with the cops painting everyone with the same brush. If he runs he must be bad so shoot him. Thats nuts IMO.

You have said you think its ok for cops to just start shooting anyone that runs. Thats not right IMO. Cops aret there to kill bad guys... They are there to apprehend the bad guys for the justice system to work in the manner its set up for.

Like the saying goes...  Crap rolls down hill. Cops need to earn respect. If they just go off painting everyone the same then things will get ugly.

I dont agree with these idiots looting and being complete arseholes either but its whats going to happen and everyone knows it.

Cops seem to want to be judge, jury and executioner and if that continues things will become worse.

Ill ask you this.....  Why do you think this goes on far far more in America then any other free country? 

That's not at all what I believe. Not remotely. Never said such a thing.

You never said if you run you should expect to be shot?

I think if you engage the police in any sort of physical altercation and evade you should consider that an option.  Which is a far cry from me saying a person deserves to be shot for running.  If you dont like that, take it up with law-makers.  Police have the right (some would say duty) to fire on an evading suspect under certain circumstances.

I've repeatedly stated in this case that the officer was wrong to shoot.  I've merely presented the other side of it which is the fact this was not what the media painted it as in the immediate aftermath.  And that there are complications to the case.

Now look at Baltimore where criminals hide behind the guise of protesting to commit their criminal acts while the police are forced to withdraw and let them go wild.  I do hope that the people arrested are prosecuted to the full extent and not given soft punishment due to the circumstances.  What a shameful display but the citizenry and where are the leaders of the black community demanding they stop this?  You see celebrities trying but they often get painted with nasty remarks for being "successful."  And again, much like the origional case, there was no need for the violence and fake protesting as the police were charged following an investigation. 

There's another case right now (location escapes me) where a black suspect was arrested quite violently, caught on camera by the police.  The cops took him down hard and punched him several times.  A station camera then caught the officers cleaning themselves up and joking about the take down.  Those cops will be consequenced too, no doubt.

I think if you engage the police in any sort of physical altercation and evade you should consider that an option.  Which is a far cry from me saying a person deserves to be shot for running.  If you dont like that, take it up with law-makers.  Police have the right (some would say duty) to fire on an evading suspect under certain circumstances.

I've repeatedly stated in this case that the officer was wrong to shoot.  I've merely presented the other side of it which is the fact this was not what the media painted it as in the immediate aftermath.  And that there are complications to the case.

Now look at Baltimore where criminals hide behind the guise of protesting to commit their criminal acts while the police are forced to withdraw and let them go wild.  I do hope that the people arrested are prosecuted to the full extent and not given soft punishment due to the circumstances.  What a shameful display but the citizenry and where are the leaders of the black community demanding they stop this?  You see celebrities trying but they often get painted with nasty remarks for being "successful."  And again, much like the origional case, there was no need for the violence and fake protesting as the police were charged following an investigation. 

There's another case right now (location escapes me) where a black suspect was arrested quite violently, caught on camera by the police.  The cops took him down hard and punched him several times.  A station camera then caught the officers cleaning themselves up and joking about the take down.  Those cops will be consequenced too, no doubt.

Well you might consider it but it would be murder.

Few things i found out....  If a guy robs a bank at gun point get out and runs.....  Cops CANNOT shoot him unless he points the weapon at a cops or persons or has shot someone in the bank.

If a guy gets into a fist fight with a cop and gets away and runs and is unarmed ..... Cops CANNOT shoot him.....  Even if the guy is armed cops CANNOT shoot him unless hes pointing the weapon.

The only way from my understanding from what i have found in any laws about cops shooting is if the person has to committed some violent act like murder. And even that all options must be exercised first and only then may a cop use deadly force.

All in all from everything ive been reading someone pretty much needs to be in grave danger of being killed before deadly force my be used by any cop.

If you can find anything anywhere that it says a guy can be shot for fighting and running from a cop id love to see it.

Like i said before...  look at England... cops dont even have guns. 

AAs for this....  Well this remarkable restraint as you called it before was done in the first place none of this would have happened... Do you agree?

So saying these cops had to withdrawal and allow people to go wild is a bit nuts IMO. They asked for this by acting like morons in the first place. Dont go killing unarmed citizens in the first place and this wouldnt happen.

I hope all these cops in all these cases are charged to the extent of the law and found quilty so the rest of the douchbag cops start doing there job correct and stop thinking they are above the law. 

Okay seriously...several officers in serious condition, many more hurt, property damage, looting (hurting the community) and you say they asked for it?  So if you and your buddies are enjoying a night out and your buddy gets into a fight and it's 100% his fault, then you accept that a bunch of people can attack and seriously injure you?  That is not even remotely reasonable.

if someone I know is killed, is it reasonable for me to get 100 friends and go on a rampage?  No.  You're being dragged into the racial bias that the media is spinning.

Did you know that the rioting didnt begin because anyone was protesting the shooting in the first place?  It was teenagers from a high school that started a rumour of a night of "purging" (like the movie).  The police became aware of it and attended the scene (a mall) and were over-run by the sheer numbers of students involved.  Then suddenly it spread and became a "protest".  It was started by people wanting to act like criminals and spread to people wanting to act like criminals.  It had nothing to do with protests or justice.

Im all for peaceful protests for a cause in a reasonable fashion (not, for example, 12 people blocking portage avenue and yelling racist remarks at passing motorists).  But this wasnt that.  We have a justice system.  is it perfect?  Ofcourse not.  But the cop acted inappropriately and was charged.  That's the justice system doing it's job properly.

So to answer your first question, yes if the cop had shown restraint, likely none of it would have happened.  That's the one action the cop took that was wrong.  The suspect took several actions that were wrong but we're not supposed to talk about that.  But you've stated that had the cop shot the suspect during the altercation you would have considered that reasonable.  Then do you feel that when the cops were under violent attack by rioters, that it would have been reasonable and just for them to open fire to defend themselves and the community?

How I stated it was from CNN. No spin from me. Perhaps your link which uses "students and teachers" as the source spun the story.

Either way I know if there were credible threats like that here Id want to police to respond fully. I suppose they could wait and see if a violent riot breaks and out and murders are committed but then the media headlines would be "cops ignore credible threats". They are sort of damned if they do....

Okay seriously...several officers in serious condition, many more hurt, property damage, looting (hurting the community) and you say they asked for it?  So if you and your buddies are enjoying a night out and your buddy gets into a fight and it's 100% his fault, then you accept that a bunch of people can attack and seriously injure you?  That is not even remotely reasonable.

if someone I know is killed, is it reasonable for me to get 100 friends and go on a rampage?  No.  You're being dragged into the racial bias that the media is spinning.

Did you know that the rioting didnt begin because anyone was protesting the shooting in the first place?  It was teenagers from a high school that started a rumour of a night of "purging" (like the movie).  The police became aware of it and attended the scene (a mall) and were over-run by the sheer numbers of students involved.  Then suddenly it spread and became a "protest".  It was started by people wanting to act like criminals and spread to people wanting to act like criminals.  It had nothing to do with protests or justice.

Im all for peaceful protests for a cause in a reasonable fashion (not, for example, 12 people blocking portage avenue and yelling racist remarks at passing motorists).  But this wasnt that.  We have a justice system.  is it perfect?  Ofcourse not.  But the cop acted inappropriately and was charged.  That's the justice system doing it's job properly.

So to answer your first question, yes if the cop had shown restraint, likely none of it would have happened.  That's the one action the cop took that was wrong.  The suspect took several actions that were wrong but we're not supposed to talk about that.  But you've stated that had the cop shot the suspect during the altercation you would have considered that reasonable.  Then do you feel that when the cops were under violent attack by rioters, that it would have been reasonable and just for them to open fire to defend themselves and the community?

Im not being dragged into anything.

Your the one that always seems to add in your own lil facts here n there and make it about you or me and now our buddys and all that.

Simply step away from that and just look at the situation and the facts of it.

I dont agree with the looting and craziness but has it happened during everyone of these protests? ... Yup it sure has. In every city this stuff has gone on the nut bars come out n wreck crap. 

What i am being dragged into and dont accept is COPS MURDERING citizens in cold blood for no reason other then they think they are above the law. It has nothing to do with me or you or our friends...... First guy that ran...  Cop shoots him 5 times in the back.... Its Murder.

6 cops all help kill an unarmed guy for no reason at all other then they are ****** bag cops that thought theyd have a bit of fun. They caused their fellow cops to be hurt and abused by the people because of their actions.

If these 6 cops acted reasonable and did their jobs correct then there would be no reaction from the people...  is that not correct?

This the way i look at all these situations.....  Cops are trained to prevent situations...  I even believe some places have it in writing right on their cars. Cops need to be looked at as trained to handle all kinds of situations...  prevent them or react to them.

All cops in Baltimore put themselves in situations they did neither....  They didnt prevent Freddie from being killed and they couldnt react when people had euff and acted out because of it.

If you want to call all them people stupid and scum or whatever thats fine....  but think about it. Dont you hold cops to a higher standard when it comes to these things? You expect a bunch of kids in high school to act more appropriate and reasonable then cops? They are kids... they do stupid things...  its what they do. They should be charged for their actions. I felt bad for them cops just having to stand there and take it. But eh they started it. They can see people all over the country have had enuff.

What needs to happen is the cops need to start policing eachother and make sure they are all doing their jobs in the correct manner and stop going off thinking they are dirty harry.

Cops keep poking the dog.....  that dogs getting closer to biting back and it will get a whole lot worse.

Destroying and shutting down a city really is not exactly protesting. Those are riots that happened there. Reality is these people can say they are protesting but the truth is once you start breaking stuff and actually breaking the law, yip the cops probably went too far with this one but at the same time it's not a excuse to go out and pretty much shut down the city you live in. Peaceful protests are fine. The one in Baltimore was violent and really what does that actually prove or solve. The family of freddie Gray said he wouldn't want this to happen because of him. The people rioting don't give a crap about freddie gray. They just want to destroy stuff

Exactly goalie.  I just dont see how anyone can excuse the rioting, violence and looting.  It's not "protesting".  You can't use the "well the cops started it" as an excuse, that's ludicrous.

Earth, I add in real world experience because I want you to apply your position to the real world.  You seem to think the cop shooting the suspect is wrong but the violent riots are okay because it was the cops fault to begin with.  And if that position is the truth then it applies on a personal level too.  If you were a small business owner that was being vandalised and looted, would you still think it was justified?  How about if you or your family needed medical attention but EMS didnt respond because they had been attacked previously?  What if you were attacked, would you call the racists murderous cops or the violent looters?

The police are the police.  Period. 

No one is arguing the cops dont have issues.  I've used my personal example to show they do, even here.  If anyone should be anti-cop, its me.  But Im pro-logic and common sense. 

Also, until the cop is found guilty of murder, we really cant call him a cold-blooded murderer.  You really expose your bias with that because I dont know anyone else that would refer to it like that.  Even if someone thinks it was "murder", it certainly wasn't cold blooded.  Or was the cop trying to kill the suspect when he pulled him over (justifiably)?  Was he trying to kill him when he had a perfectly professional conversation with him?  Was he trying to kill him when the suspect took off running because he had outstanding warrants and wanted to evade lawful capture?  Was he trying to kill him when he chased the suspect down and tried to arrest him?  Was he trying to kill him when he, in a split second made the decision to reach for his non-lethal weapon?

The cop was wrong to shoot the fleeing suspect.  But I guarantee you the headlines would be a lot different if the cop had not fired, the suspect had fled and committed a violent crime against someone else as a result.  He was unlikely to do so, but in that moment, the cop didnt know that.  All he knew was, he had a violent suspect who was evading arrest.

On the Baltimore front, one of the charged officers is demanding the DA release the weapon they found on the suspect.  The DA is saying the weapon was not illegal and thus the arrest was improper.  The charged cops say the weapon was, in fact, illegal.  What I find interesting is, if cops everywhere stopped arresting people for borderline (or less) reasons, the courts would be a lot less busy.  In Manitoba, cops charge people all the time when they shouldnt.  One of the reasons so many charges are dropped by the crown early in the process.

"When nonviolence is preached as an attempt to evade the repercussions of political brutality, it betrays itself. When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, it exposes itself as a ruse. When nonviolence is preached by the representatives of the state, while the state doles out heaps of violence to its citizens, it reveals itself to be a con. And none of this can mean that rioting or violence is "correct" or "wise," any more than a forest fire can be "correct" or "wise."" (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/nonviolence-as-compliance/391640/)

--------------------

"When our cultural emphasis is on keeping things ‘status quo,’ then the people who are threatening or inconveniencing that way of life become ‘the violent ones.’ Everyone else is simply engaged in righteous efforts to control ‘the threat’ or expressing justifiable outrage at the world’s failure to do so.

Worse yet, the whole mess is self re-enforcing. Society is set up with the decks stacked so high against certain groups of people that they are – at times – quite literally set up to do the very things society claims not to want them to do. Our societal structures are boxing people in (through poverty, discrimination, lack of choice, etc.) to untenable ways of life. Once boxed in, society then proceeds to keep an extra close watch on those ‘high risk’ types (i.e., people whose basic needs are not being met by that society), just waiting for them to step somehow out of bounds in order to make do in a world not necessarily set up with their survival in mind. Society then uses that as the proof they needed to be boxed in in the first place. And, voila: “See, we told you ‘those people’ are bad!”

Never mind that people are angry and desperate because they want to survive. Never mind that they are even angrier and more desperate because they aren’t surviving. That all was well in Baltimore before the riots befell its peaceful streets is little more than an illusion palatable only to those who have distance from the harsh realities thanks to race, geography and/or some other source of privilege. The violence has been there all along.

Strangely, when I say these sorts of things, people seem to hear them as being 'pro-riot.'  I'm not 'pro-riot.'  But, nor am I willing to see only one side of the violence while remaining blind to the other.  In fact, it's the institutional violence that has the much more longstanding and far reaching impact.  CVS will be rebuilt.  Lives will not.  One needn’t go so far as being "happy" about the riots to understand that simple truth." (http://www.madinamerica.com/2015/05/baltimore-burning-defines-violence/)

--------------------

The recipe for this violence to continue is to keep ignoring the institutional violence. Keep focusing on charges and arrests, on about how throwing rocks is wrong. Focus on punishment, on catching the one person or the few people and putting them in jail. Tell yourself it's not about race or housing or employment or addiction or mental health. Ignore oppression. Simply, keep simplifying. It's clearly working.

Steve - absolutely.  But you can't ignore the crime because of underlying reasons for it.  You cant say "well the government wont fix this so its okay to be violent".  In Canada, no government wants to touch the reserve system which is little more than funding a perpetual welfare state in most cases.  Solving the underlying problem is the obvious answer but there never seems to be a will to do so.

Do you know if FASD was wiped out, the impact that would have on society?  Its almost unfathomable to think about.  Saw a study done (I believe it was Texas) that 80% of inmates have some level of FASD.  A completely preventable condition.  I know a few years ago, the government in Manitoba only provided about $100,000 for FASD prevention.  People dont take it seriously. 

Steve - absolutely.  But you can't ignore the crime because of underlying reasons for it.  You cant say "well the government wont fix this so its okay to be violent".  In Canada, no government wants to touch the reserve system which is little more than funding a perpetual welfare state in most cases.  Solving the underlying problem is the obvious answer but there never seems to be a will to do so.

Do you know if FASD was wiped out, the impact that would have on society?  Its almost unfathomable to think about.  Saw a study done (I believe it was Texas) that 80% of inmates have some level of FASD.  A completely preventable condition.  I know a few years ago, the government in Manitoba only provided about $100,000 for FASD prevention.  People dont take it seriously. 

Amen to that. I'm a Mental Health Therapist, Registered Social Worker, and I have a Masters in Counselling Psychology from one of the best schools in the country (not intending to toot my own horn, just providing a context for my knowledge) so yes I definitely have an understanding of FASD and I couldn't agree with you more.

My statement has nothing to do with ignoring the crime or condoning violence, that's not even close to the intent. In fact, both of the above quotes as well as my previous entries in this conversation have reflected this. I've seen yourself and others deny contributing factors both explicitly (such as when saying that race was not a factor) and implicitly (such as completely ignoring other forms of oppression and systemic violence). This is what I'm responding to.

Im not saying race isnt a factor in the unrest.  Im saying we dont know if race was a factor in the shooting.  The evidence shown to us indicates the officer acted professionally and appropriately up until the moment of the shooting.  There is nothing to indicate he had a racial bias or that he was unjust towards this suspect in anyway (until the shooting).

In the Baltimore case, we really dont know as much.  And I havent read as much about it.  My understanding is the suspect was arrested after being apprehended because he ran from police (for apparently no reason).  Cops found a knife on him (which is the subject of dispute between police and DA on its legality) and then treated him with disregard to his safety.  If I recall, the area the police were patrolling has some sort of by-law or something that allows police to question people without normal probable cause due to it being a high crime area.  Certainly, the root cause of it being a high crime area could be examined.

Im not saying race isnt a factor in the unrest.  Im saying we dont know if race was a factor in the shooting.  The evidence shown to us indicates the officer acted professionally and appropriately up until the moment of the shooting.  There is nothing to indicate he had a racial bias or that he was unjust towards this suspect in anyway (until the shooting).

In the Baltimore case, we really dont know as much.  And I havent read as much about it.  My understanding is the suspect was arrested after being apprehended because he ran from police (for apparently no reason).  Cops found a knife on him (which is the subject of dispute between police and DA on its legality) and then treated him with disregard to his safety.  If I recall, the area the police were patrolling has some sort of by-law or something that allows police to question people without normal probable cause due to it being a high crime area.  Certainly, the root cause of it being a high crime area could be examined.

And what I'm saying is that I don't think you're appreciating the relationship between the micro and macro factors.

And what I'm saying is that I don't think you're appreciating the relationship between the micro and macro factors.

Fair enough.  It's not that I dont appreciate the relationship (I very strongly believe governments have to address the root issues concerning Aboriginals in Canada), its that most people in the discussion are sort of dismissive of the criminality of the rioters and putting the blame on the cops.  I think they should be addressing systemic racism and prejudice.  Additionally, they should be addressing systemic culture issues within law enforcement where it's a "jock-heavy" profession and introduce training that teaches officers to deal with their own stressful and adenlized situations (you see a lot of times, a high speed chase for example, where 50 cops are in pursuit and when they catch the guy the cops are crawling all over each other to be in on the take down).

But while they do that, they should throw the book at any of these people arrested for looting, rioting, vandalism, assaults etc.

Exactly goalie.  I just dont see how anyone can excuse the rioting, violence and looting.  It's not "protesting".  You can't use the "well the cops started it" as an excuse, that's ludicrous.

Earth, I add in real world experience because I want you to apply your position to the real world.  You seem to think the cop shooting the suspect is wrong but the violent riots are okay because it was the cops fault to begin with.  And if that position is the truth then it applies on a personal level too.  If you were a small business owner that was being vandalised and looted, would you still think it was justified?  How about if you or your family needed medical attention but EMS didnt respond because they had been attacked previously?  What if you were attacked, would you call the racists murderous cops or the violent looters?

The police are the police.  Period. 

No one is arguing the cops dont have issues.  I've used my personal example to show they do, even here.  If anyone should be anti-cop, its me.  But Im pro-logic and common sense. 

Also, until the cop is found guilty of murder, we really cant call him a cold-blooded murderer.  You really expose your bias with that because I dont know anyone else that would refer to it like that.  Even if someone thinks it was "murder", it certainly wasn't cold blooded.  Or was the cop trying to kill the suspect when he pulled him over (justifiably)?  Was he trying to kill him when he had a perfectly professional conversation with him?  Was he trying to kill him when the suspect took off running because he had outstanding warrants and wanted to evade lawful capture?  Was he trying to kill him when he chased the suspect down and tried to arrest him?  Was he trying to kill him when he, in a split second made the decision to reach for his non-lethal weapon?

The cop was wrong to shoot the fleeing suspect.  But I guarantee you the headlines would be a lot different if the cop had not fired, the suspect had fled and committed a violent crime against someone else as a result.  He was unlikely to do so, but in that moment, the cop didnt know that.  All he knew was, he had a violent suspect who was evading arrest.

On the Baltimore front, one of the charged officers is demanding the DA release the weapon they found on the suspect.  The DA is saying the weapon was not illegal and thus the arrest was improper.  The charged cops say the weapon was, in fact, illegal.  What I find interesting is, if cops everywhere stopped arresting people for borderline (or less) reasons, the courts would be a lot less busy.  In Manitoba, cops charge people all the time when they shouldnt.  One of the reasons so many charges are dropped by the crown early in the process.

OK...  Ill have to answer in parts...  As for my own life, I grew up with and around bikers. As i got older and watch things around me i decided to get myself out... get a normal job and life. Trust me it wasent easy but i eventually did it. So as for me i spent a lot of my life hating cops then it kinda turned and i found myself hating bikers. Now that im older and my life is different i find i dont really hate anyone. I see both side really clear and understand them both. Ive been used and abused by cops at one time then by bikers.

So now when i look at these situations i stand back and look at it from both sides without blinders or bias to anything.

One of the most important things ive learned from all this is when there is an action there is no doubt going to be a reaction. Good bad or otherwise the one thing you can always count on is the reaction to any action.

Now back to these cases and the protesters and the moron rioters.....  I at no time ever said the looting at riots were ok and used the cops started it as an excuse. I simple said it was a reaction to an action from the cops. We cant sit back and say they had no idea there would be protesters and rioters....  It goes hand n hand with these things. Its happened before and will happen again. It would be extremely naive to think looting and riots would not happen.

As for race ....  i took that out of these 2 situations because both black n white cops were involved in both. I dont really think either case would be different if the guys were white. What im more pinning this on is this silly brotherhood nonsense the cops seem to have. IMO its crappy cops doing a crappy job and covering each other. I look at it this way.....  I have loyalty to my coworkers and im in no way shape or form a rat.... but i wouldnt let any coworker of mine do a crappy job or half assed job if its going to effect me or my job or my position. I will help a coworker but i will not ever cover up their crap work if its going to effect me. And that is what i expect from the cops.

As for me owning a biz thats looted and raised to the ground or the other examples you gave me and what would i do?

Well like i said.... id step back and have a look to why this happened. Sure the idiot rioters caused it but why? Did i do something? Are they just idiots? Did it happen to other biz around me? If i look at this case then id be blaming the cops for allowing this from the get go. Their action or actions caused this reaction. These idiots didnt just up and start looting for no reason....  they feel they were reacting to a situation that was started by the cops. Right or wrong. Sure they are morons for they way they acted But in the big picture i look to the cops to keep the peace and not start or be the cause of protests and with the looting and violence that always seems to come with it.

Truth be told....  At this time in my life if it was a biz of mine that was being threatened by idiot looters and riots. Id call my biker friends to surround my biz and not allow it to be touched. If a family member needed medical attention during a riot and looting id also call my biker friends.

My reason for this is simple....  My biker friends are not handcuffed by any law. They will do what needs done. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2YVMgq3hs5g

Police in Delaware have released video from a 2013 incident showing a black suspect being kicked in the face by a white officer who has been charged with assault.

The dash cam video was released by the Dover Police Department on Thursday after a federal judge ruled the images it contains are no longer confidential.

The video was released three days after Dover Police Officer Corporal Thomas Webster was arrested on a charge of felony assault for kicking Lateef Dickerson as he kneeled to the ground during his arrest near a Dover gas station, police said.

Dickerson suffered a broken jaw and was knocked unconscious, police said in a statement.

I find it interesting though that the headline is White Cop Kicks Black Suspect.  Why dont they print their hometowns, religious affiliations and shoe size?  There was nothing in the video that indicated the ethnicity of either person had anything to do with the incident.  It was a suspect refusing to comply with verbal commands and a cop choosing to assault him rather than use his training to secure the suspect.

I find it interesting though that the headline is White Cop Kicks Black Suspect.  Why dont they print their hometowns, religious affiliations and shoe size?  There was nothing in the video that indicated the ethnicity of either person had anything to do with the incident.  It was a suspect refusing to comply with verbal commands and a cop choosing to assault him rather than use his training to secure the suspect.

America is a messed up place. Its all fake.

Zero idea how to keep control or lead their own........  Yet have the balls to run about the world telling others how to live.

Its a complete joke IMO.

America is a messed up place. Its all fake.

Zero idea how to keep control or lead their own........  Yet have the balls to run about the world telling others how to live.

Its a complete joke IMO.

That's a pretty simplistic look at world politics.  One could argue the reason the US has issues is because of the freedom people have and the lack of severe consequences.  But that leads into a deeper discussion that I, for one, dont really feel like getting into.  lol

I think this trend to charge police will continue and its a good trend.  I think the culture of police work needs to change.