The Star Trek Thread!

33 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Getting back to ST:Discovery. I think they find a way to keep Issacs & make him interesting as well. here's a thought... Was Lord Garth from a parallel universe? He went from being an honoured & decorated starship Captain to a crazed, sadistic killer seemingly very quickly. He would fit into the other universe. Was he an invader? 

I do find it odd that Lord Garth is brought up from time to time re: Discovery. It's such a bottom of the barrel episode. Might as well reference the helmet of knowledge.

30 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I do find it odd that Lord Garth is brought up from time to time re: Discovery. It's such a bottom of the barrel episode. Might as well reference the helmet of knowledge.

Bottom of the barrel? No, not that one. Spock's Brain (from the episode you quote) was bottom of the barrel. Not that episode. 

43 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

A lot of people suspected Lorca was Garth.  The backstory for him as a Star fleet legend sort of romanticized him as a character. 

Orville has already started again.

Anyway, is no one going to say anything about the fact that they were eating a Kelpien?  I think I wouldn't have been able to keep that brain down had I been Michael.  I almost threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it while watching the show.

And why did Sato kill all of her commanders when Michael revealed she was from another universe?

12 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Orville has already started again.

Anyway, is no one going to say anything about the fact that they were eating a Kelpien?  I think I wouldn't have been able to keep that brain down had I been Michael.  I almost threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it while watching the show.

And why did Sato kill all of her commanders when Michael revealed she was from another universe?

You mean Phillipa?  Sato was the Empress from Enterprise' time.  She killed them to preserve the secret of the alternate universe and the genesis of their key weapon: The Defiant.

15 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I like the nod from the left Kelpien saying pick the other guy.

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I like the nod from the left Kelpien saying pick the other guy.

I just realized now that you said that, that was why she had to choose the Kelpien.  That is so gross.  I thought she was picking some kind of helper out, and after she chose I kind of forgot about it.  That's just so wrong.

8 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I just realized now that you said that, that was why she had to choose the Kelpien.  That is so gross.  I thought she was picking some kind of helper out, and after she chose I kind of forgot about it.  That's just so wrong.

She thought she was picking a "slave" too.

53 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

haha ya me and the girlfriend had that exact thing happen to us when were watching...  we both kinda shuddered with revulsion once we realized that they were eating her pick..

45 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

She thought she was picking a "slave" too.

as did me and the girlfriend and probably a great many people..   well played writers!

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

haha ya me and the girlfriend had that exact thing happen to us when were watching...  we both kinda shuddered with revulsion once we realized that they were eating her pick..

as did me and the girlfriend and probably a great many people..   well played writers!

Well when she started eating the ganglion...and started to gag a little I started to think about, what if it was in my mouth and I was eating a humanoid....I could have gagged.

And yes TUP, I meant Phillipa.

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Also blew up the big glowing ball.  Klingons winning the war.  Georgiou on a Federation tour. Oh this show never surprises :P

So much for the ISS Discovery causing havoc.

I think the speculation is that the ISS Discovery took one look at what was happening and hightailed it to a safe place. 

Maybe they can hop back into the Spore Drive and time jump to before the war broke out.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think the speculation is that the ISS Discovery took one look at what was happening and hightailed it to a safe place. 

Maybe they can hop back into the Spore Drive and time jump to before the war broke out.

Did you see the preview? Looks like Georgiou gonna lead them to victory. Those Terran's know how to fight. That's why Lorca was A#1.