Your untradeables

I've heard Ehlers compared to Patrick Kane a bit, Kane isn't a big guy, he was pretty small when he came in to the league, Smaller than Ehlers even... Ehlers probably will make this team next year cuz we need a young sniper to really help us and that KID screams big time player regardless of size. I'll go ahead and say that Ehlers even with Mcdavid and Possibly Eichel and gus of that nature, HE COULD be a rookie of the year winner. Kid oozes talent and it's really not his size that's the big issue, There is no dobut he makes the JETS next season. 

Ladd,Little,Wheeler

Perreault,Scheif,Stafford

Ehlers,Lowry,Frolik

I'm not sure of the 4th line  but i like Stempniak and hope they can sign him to a 2 year deal or so. Might Include

Stempniak,Petan or Andrew Copp if he turns pro, and i guess thorburn too. But yeah, can go with 4 lines with some talent. It wouldn't hurt. Need a 4th line that plays more than 3 minutes a game. 

A lot of talk of Stafford possibly staying here.  I know Chevy talked of him as someone he wanted more than as a rental.  And the way Lawless talks, if you read between the lines, he certainly seems to think both sides like the situation.

The two concerns would be the Ladd/Buff situation and Frolik.  But since we know the Jets want Frolik, I think you're correct to pencil him in there.  I had suggested Lowry as the eventual 4th line center of a 4th line that was used a lot more.  But Lowry seems to have grown into a role better than that.  I suppose if Lowry IS the 4th line Center it means the Jets have greatly improved their depth.  Long term, that might be the idea with Petan at 3C.

On another hand I'd suggest that they'd try Perrault back at 3c and Lowry at wing but they seem insistent that Lowry is a Centre now, period and you cant argue with Perrault's success at wing so keep that together.  If Frolik walks perhaps we get Ehlers-Lowry-Petan which would have size and tenacity in the middle and speed and elite talent on each wing.

I've heard the belief that Copp is a sure-fire NHL'er next season so there is also that.  Another off-season of transition really.

The luxury of having 3 very good RHD actually. Myers/Trouba/Buff. Can let Buff go and still have a solid top 4 if Morrissey is ready to go.

Myers/Toby

Trouba/Morrissey

That's a good group going forward and fits in to what the Jets are trying to do

9 million? No thanks, I don't think i'd go anymore than 6.5 a year for 5 years max. 

6.5 6.5 6.5 6.5 6.5 = 32.5 million over 5 years. 

Gotta remember that guys like Schief,Trouba,Lowry etc will need new deals too. 

Slater is a ufa and looks just about done. Little Scheif Lowry are a good 1 2 3. Copp if ready or O'Dell even makes sense as the 4th. Petan probably a future 3rd line winger

I wonder about Slater.  He's higher on the depth chart than O'Dell at this point.  I thought the third line struggled a lot against the Caps (I wasnt watching the game to analyze it but it seemed pretty obvious).  The 4th line seemed to play better.

Isnt Slater still our top faceoff guy?  I wonder if he might be offered a one year deal just to bridge us to when we might have a younger guy ready to fill the spot.  I really thought the long term idea was Lowry centering a much better 4th line but Lowry has shown his ceiling is a lot higher.

Tlusty is struggling.  I like Stemp though.  I'd offer him a contract.

Offer Slater a job in the organization and fill his spot with a younger player.

Halischuk and Galiardi can be let go in my opinion.

If Morrissey makes the team, I wouldn't re-sign Pardy either, unless he played for the farm team.

If there were any takers, I would trade thorbs.

Does Clitsome come back or does he retire?

Thorburn is a fantastic 4th liner. We have somebody who can play the enforcer role while still playing decent hockey.

We would have no problem trading him if we chose to do so. I really doubt Chevy has any interest in doing that though.

Thorburn looks a lot better when he's on a good 4th line.  That's the right role for him.  If he's on the 2nd or 3rd line, that's a fail.  When he's the best player on the 4th line, that's a fail.  If our 4th line next season is Stemp-O'Dell-Thorburn, that's probably a victory.

I'd keep Peluso before thorbs as long as he picks his spots for penalties.

TUP... if Stemp-O'Dell-Thorburn is on the 4th line, where does ehlers fir in? 3rd?

Ehlers is Jets or junior and he's way to good for junior so I'd suspect they he makes the team but I think they'd want him in a role more suited to his skillset than the 4th line.  Thus, the 3rd line.  He could also, as a rookie, spend time scratched and learning in practice.  I also think there is a chance the Jets return him.  If he's not good enough for the Jets but too good for Junior, he will go back to Junior.

Ladd-Little-Stafford

Perrault-Scheif-Wheeler

Ehlers-Lowry-Frolik

Stemp-O'Dell-Thorburn

That would give Ehlers a couple of really smart, hard-nosed guys to play with, Lowry to protect him, Frolik to teach him.